Subject: "How do we 'fix' the problems in the Middle East?" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top Non-CF Discussion "What Does RL Stand For?" Topic #359
Show all folders

ShadowmasterThu 14-Sep-06 02:29 PM
Member since 18th Mar 2003
329 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#359, "How do we 'fix' the problems in the Middle East?"

First let me say I do not mean to say all Muslims are bad people. My focus on this topic is to speak of Islamic Radicals. Militant Radicals at that.

Right now I look at the Middle-East and to me it boils down to Muslims as a whole being intolerant of Jewish people as a whole, and more specifically, smaller numbers of radical muslims advocating the death of the Jewish people as a whole. I think of possible ways to resolve this issue peacefully, and I have no answers.

How do you make an individual who understands only hatred see past that hatred?

Going to school in South Carolina, I saw a lot of intolerance that I had thought was left behind during the Civil Rights Movement of the late 1960's. Sadly this was not the case. I asked an acquaintance of mine how he could be a decent guy 99.5% of the time and yet have such deep-seeded hatred of black people. His answer was "My friends all thought that way, my daddy thought that way, his daddy thought that way, his daddy's daddy thought that way, and so on and so on." I imagine this is the case with Muslims but additionally they have the roadblock of their spiritual leaders in some instances guiding them to this hatred as well!

How do you convince a people dead set on destruction of another to live peacefully with this other individual. Even talking with these maniacs must be a lesson in frustration. Look at the Iranian president's interview on 60 minutes.

Sure you can educate, and assimilate, and down the road, that will have positive results. What I mean are the people right now, not their kids, or their kids' kids. I mean the radical lunatic muslims who want to kill anyone who doesn't agree with them. How do you convince them to put down their hatred? Is there a way?

I guess as an idealist, I just want to see an end to the violence and chaos caused by this friction. As a realist, I realize this ain't happening the way things are currently working. Is there any way to make everyone just get along?

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

TopicHow do we 'fix' the problems in the Middle East? [View all] , Shadowmaster, Thu 14-Sep-06 02:29 PM
Reply When One side..., wretchedmongrel, 14-Sep-06 11:36 PM, #3
Reply RE: How do we 'fix' the problems in the Middle East?, Eshval, 14-Sep-06 09:46 PM, #2
Reply RE: How do we 'fix' the problems in the Middle East?, DurNominator, 14-Sep-06 04:48 PM, #1
Top Non-CF Discussion "What Does RL Stand For?" Topic #359 Previous topic | Next topic