Subject: "Apes, Dogs and other animals" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top Non-CF Discussion "What Does RL Stand For?" Topic #338
Show all folders

MinyarThu 14-Sep-06 12:47 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
504 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#358, "Apes, Dogs and other animals"

Many animals appear "smart" by the way that they react. My dogs have learned very fast, to heel, to sit, and other things. I know Apes can learn a lot more, and so can large birds for that matter. My question though, and my opinion is that animals learn and react on instinct. I do not believe they "think" like people do. I'm not an "animal rights activist," far from it, but I do believe they should all be cared for. However, I'm a big advocate of hunting, fishing, and pest elimination. (ie woodchucks are a huge problem for farmers as they dig large yet hard to see holes that can literaly break the wheels and axles off wagons.)

Sorry to use a farm analogy, but thats where I grew up. Anyway, sporadic thought patterns are my downfall!

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

Topicabortion thoughts [View all] , Isildur, Wed 13-Sep-06 01:34 PM
Reply Apes and communication, DurNominator, 13-Sep-06 02:27 PM, #1
     Reply Apes, Dogs and other animals, Minyar, 14-Sep-06 12:47 PM #2
          Reply Agreed. Lots of animals appear smart by that definition..., TheDude, 14-Sep-06 02:43 PM, #3
               Reply Mostly it makes him trainable, Theerkla, 14-Sep-06 02:57 PM, #4
Top Non-CF Discussion "What Does RL Stand For?" Topic #338 Previous topic | Next topic