Subject: "CF and the future of Gaming" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top Non-CF Discussion "What Does RL Stand For?" Topic #2236
Show all folders

MoligantThu 27-Feb-14 02:39 PM
Member since 30th Dec 2010
327 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#2236, "CF and the future of Gaming"

SEE VIDEO FIRST: http://www.polygon.com/2013/11/1/5054094/oculus-rift-used-in-mind-control-motion-tracking-technology

So I've wondered off and on over the years why I keep coming back to CF and the answer (besides obvious addiction) is the interface and gameplay value.

Sure you have no graphics but I DO have an imagination. Sure you use a keyboard, but the gameplay fits so well with what you do that its all pretty seamless. Long story short - gameplay is what keeps me coming back with an intuitve interface that supports said gameplay.

Which brings me to the video above and the future of gameplay which will likely resemble scenes from 'the Matrix'. As you can see the seperate components to a 'Matrix' style video game experience are on the horizon. Being able to use your mind to move around (by itself) would be a major step forward once the tech is mastered. It would in my opinion bridge the gap (greatly) between what keeps me coming back to CF and finding a home on a CF-like game (that has graphics!).

Obviously there is more to it....CF boasts a committment to RP that in my opinion underlies why it has such a loyal and dedicated (though SMALL) playerbase. I personally believe that if you could cross that committment for RP (plus PK!) with a game you can actually be inside of and control partially with your mind it would be awesome.

I imagine (HOPE!!!) that within the next few years (crossing fingers for some exponential leaps in tech ala the singularity) that they can really do some cross-pollination of technology out there and put people inside of the games.

At any rate, I posted this to spark some discussion on the future (not that far in the future imho) of gaming and what it means for old warhorses like CF.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote
Top Non-CF Discussion "What Does RL Stand For?" Topic #2236 Previous topic | Next topic