Subject: "Real Agnosticism" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top Non-CF Discussion "What Does RL Stand For?" Topic #2206
Show all folders

1D_rookieSat 16-Nov-13 12:40 AM
Member since 14th Nov 2013
11 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#2214, "Real Agnosticism"
Edited on Sat 16-Nov-13 01:04 AM

Exactly,

Being agnostic doesn't only mean "I lack knowledge". It was a term created in the argument of religion that means "I believe that I, and very likely YOU (religious person in question) lack the knowledge to truly determine whether there is evidence of divine presence or merely mind-boggling physics and mechanics"

I exist. This fact is not arguable to any worthwhile degree. We exist. So what. Why do we exist. This is the real question. Chance? Curiosity of the atoms? Divine Spiritual Super Holy Quest of Salvation? You decide. By the way, if you really think about it, random chance is the most absurd option of those three theories. To say that an atom just happened to bond with another atom, which just happened to bond with another atom, which just happened to bond with two other bonded atoms, which just happened to...ON and ON and ON and ON until you get simple bacteria (which would already be extremely unlikely according to the rules of probability) and ON and ON and ON ALL the way to mammals (extremely ridiculously ludicrous according to the rules of probability) and ON and ON and ON and ON until the development of humans, developments of societies, politics, and even down to the very study of ontology, to where said humans are asking themselves how the hell the came to be in the first place. That's like saying all these cities built themselves. Well, in a way, they did, because god built them, and god is everything, capiche? (is that how you spell capiche?) God is an energy that influences matter to behave in ways to achieve enlightenment in this world. Self discovery. God is far beyond our comprehension, other than our ability to comprehend that things can be beyond our comprehension.

If you haven't already, Look up Andrew Cohen on Youtube. He may either seem like a lunatic or a badass spiritualist, depending on your level of spiritual understanding and consciousness studies. I, myself, believe in the concepts of spirits, psychic communication, and collective consciousness, particularly on the level of subconscious connections between all people. In the same way that yes, ants, bees, and birds tend to follow each other in ways beyond normal communication. I believe that god exists, but he is not captured in a holy script or church. Those are the attempts of humans to organize mysteries into facts. I'm not concerned with rules of right and wrong, but rather, facts of behavior and action/reaction developments. A creature is born with an inherent spirit, discovers reasons in the world to be happy, scared, angry, vengeful, lustful, bored, and a myriad of other experiences. It could be said that these experiences are based on the relationship between the subject and his environment, and therefore, be a product of consciousness becoming more aware of itself in the forms of countless perspectives across the world. Some say that God is everything, well, I agree. Everyone of us is a piece of "Totality" or God if you will, and our contributions to this planet ultimately define what this planet is, no matter how miniscule or massive your influence is. (Coffee shop cashier vs Albert Einstein, per say)

If you have difficulty following this, study a flock of birds, and how they all seem to move around as one entity. Surely, it could be considered that one bird leads and the rest follow the subtle changes in direction. This is also true of people, when you think about political memes, catch phrases, clothing styles, what's in, what's out, what's acceptable and so forth. While these behaviors aren't as immediate as watching the birds follow each other, the only real difference is the time scale. If you videotape a group of people entering a stadium for a concert, celebrating, and then exiting the concert, and the watch the tape in 10x the speed of regular time, the people will start to appear as birds or ants, moving and flocking together in large group mentalities and memes.

This probably sounds like religious nonsense to some, but in all due fairness, atheism for the sake of doubt is just as useless. Agnosticism with a healthy dose of consideration has always been my cup of tea. If it helps, don't call it God, that word has been associated with religious zealots. Call it whatever you want. Oneness, the Universal energy, existence defining itself through action, energy manifesting itself in shape and form, in order to escape the eternal strain of chaos, and so forth...

Another consideration for the atheist. Nothing matters eh? So then, allow me to take all your belongings and bury you in the desert. No you say? Whatever for? Exactly what is it that prevents me from doing whatever I want with you for my own benefit? Could it be the same energy that makes me want to defend myself from you? And what, pray tell, does this feeling come from? Why do my molecules remain adamant about maintaining this shape and form, preventing you from damaging the form, as well as all the belongings and social strongholds that this form has walked around and made decisions and sacrifices in order to develop? In other words, why do we care? This question in itself pokes at the substance of consciousness, and points out a key ingredient of evidence that matter is not totally objective, and that the subjective experience itself is what is in question. What makes something subjective? The CONSCIOUS eye. And what is it's origin? Well, I remain agnostic on that one.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

HOT TopicIs this simple or complicated to you.... [View all] , Moligant, Thu 24-Oct-13 02:40 PM
Reply A REAL miracle would be..., Lyristeon, 25-Oct-13 03:05 PM, #3
Reply Done it., Tsunami, 25-Oct-13 03:25 PM, #4
     Reply +1 nt, Artificial, 26-Oct-13 04:15 AM, #5
Reply "I'm agnostic", Artificial, 24-Oct-13 10:38 PM, #2
Reply Part of the problem is "defining God". , Eskelian, 07-Nov-13 03:19 AM, #6
     Reply Real Agnosticism, 1D_rookie, 16-Nov-13 01:04 AM #7
     Reply Truly Without Knowledge, Artificial, 16-Nov-13 03:39 AM, #8
     Reply RE: Truly Without Knowledge, 1D_rookie, 17-Nov-13 10:01 AM, #12
     Reply It's been shown, incognito, 01-May-14 03:55 PM, #27
     Reply And until evidence arrives, Artificial, 16-Nov-13 03:42 AM, #9
          Reply Why?, Eskelian, 16-Nov-13 05:10 AM, #10
               Reply Ah...Mr. Pascal, I missed you., Artificial, 16-Nov-13 11:18 AM, #11
                    Reply RE: Ah...Mr. Pascal, I missed you., Eskelian, 17-Nov-13 12:23 PM, #13
                         Reply Montessori., Tsunami, 17-Nov-13 04:34 PM, #14
                         Reply RE: Montessori., Eskelian, 17-Nov-13 10:57 PM, #15
                         Reply RE: Ah...Mr. Pascal, I missed you., Daevryn, 01-Dec-13 10:51 AM, #16
                         Reply RE: Ah...Mr. Pascal, I missed you., Eskelian, 09-Dec-13 03:40 AM, #18
                              Reply I'll also point out..., Eskelian, 09-Dec-13 12:34 PM, #22
                                   Reply RE: I'll also point out..., Moligant, 09-Dec-13 02:54 PM, #23
                                        Reply RE: I'll also point out..., Eskelian, 10-Dec-13 05:42 AM, #24
                         Reply The more invested you are in this, the harder it is for..., Vortex Magus, 08-Dec-13 08:15 PM, #17
                         Reply RE: The more invested you are in this, the harder it is..., Eskelian, 09-Dec-13 03:43 AM, #19
                              Reply You think lack of religion causes depression?, Homard, 09-Dec-13 10:12 AM, #20
                                   Reply RE: You think lack of religion causes depression?, Eskelian, 09-Dec-13 12:09 PM, #21
                                        Reply I'm not going off the deep end., Homard, 10-Dec-13 09:11 AM, #25
                         Reply You can be communal without religion too., DurNominator, 13-Dec-13 11:31 AM, #26
Reply I think it's in what you termed a "miracle"., Straklaw, 24-Oct-13 04:35 PM, #1
Top Non-CF Discussion "What Does RL Stand For?" Topic #2206 Previous topic | Next topic