Subject: "F 24 Hour Fitness. F them right in their stupid A's." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top Non-CF Discussion "What Does RL Stand For?" Topic #2116
Show all folders

OdrallagWed 28-Mar-12 12:56 PM
Member since 18th Nov 2011
46 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#2116, "F 24 Hour Fitness. F them right in their stupid A's."

So I went to 24 fitness in El Cajon today. I have a free 7-day pass that came out of my girlfriend's Zumba game for the Wii. I wanted to use their bikes to help start to get myself back into shape. So I walk in and they say, can we see your ID? I say sure. I mean, it's a little silly that you need to show ID to use a gym, but whatever. I have a MT state ID. The girl at the counter, who was nice and profressional, asks me for a local ID. Nope, sorry. She says, OK, let me go check on something. So she goes to ask the boss, or supervisor I imagine. She comes back and says that they can't accept the ID and that it has to be local, like it says on the free pass. A bit ridiculous, but maybe its a way for them to get me to sign up for a paying membership, which I'm honestly not likely to do at this point, but I ask anyway. Would it be acceptable for a paying membership? She says nope, local ID's only. I kind of stare at her in disbelief and say, whelp, thanks anyways. I mean, huh? How, in any possible way is this a policy? First of all, this is a gym. Not a bar, not a government building with dangerous materials. A gym. So my state ID, my drivers license issued by the State of MT is no good? Why? Why not? I will never set foot in a 24 hour fitness again, anywhere. I will also take every opportunity to badmouth them for their ridiculous policy.

I know, I know, I don't need a gym to workout. But I am a king of procrastination and I need unique ways to motivate myself. So don't judge me.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

TopicF 24 Hour Fitness. F them right in their stupid A's. [View all] , Odrallag, Wed 28-Mar-12 12:56 PM
Reply RE: F 24 Hour Fitness. F them right in their stupid A'..., Enlilth, 04-Sep-12 09:22 AM, #6
Reply ID Madness, Tsunami, 28-Mar-12 03:40 PM, #1
     Reply Come back to Tybee :), TMNS, 28-Mar-12 04:01 PM, #2
     Reply I gotta admit, Tsunami, 30-Mar-12 03:57 PM, #5
     Reply RE: ID Madness, Odrallag, 28-Mar-12 05:31 PM, #3
     Reply WOW, people should totally ....more inside., Bajula, 30-Mar-12 12:20 PM, #4
Top Non-CF Discussion "What Does RL Stand For?" Topic #2116 Previous topic | Next topic