Subject: "Nice one" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top Non-CF Discussion "What Does RL Stand For?" Topic #2105
Show all folders

TsunamiTue 13-Dec-11 11:20 AM
Member since 25th Mar 2008
1509 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#2106, "Nice one"

Back home my grandfather has attempted to raise a couple deer he has found that were injured or too young to take care of their self. He tended the injury of the first one and kept it fed. It died anyway. He took care of the young one like a father, but it did not last either. Now, he wasn't a vet but he did tend a large variety of animals on the property: Russian boar, 20+ head of cattle, chickens, exotic birds from Macaws to African greys, your typical ranch dogs, geese, peacocks, goats, and so on. His explanation was that they just don't do well in captivity. Maybe a fully grown deer that was already healthy (we see how well that worked out) would do well, but a young/sick/injured one probably isn't going to make it.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

TopicWhy we shoot deer in the wild... [View all] , Odrallag, Tue 13-Dec-11 10:23 AM
Reply The humor in the post aside, DurNominator, 11-Dec-12 04:36 PM, #3
Reply I laughed so hard I litterally almost crapped myself!, mage, 09-Dec-12 11:55 PM, #2
Reply Nice one, Tsunami, 13-Dec-11 11:20 AM #1
Top Non-CF Discussion "What Does RL Stand For?" Topic #2105 Previous topic | Next topic