Subject: "I honestly don't care too much." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top Non-CF Discussion "What Does RL Stand For?" Topic #2096
Show all folders

Batman (inactive user)Sun 27-Nov-11 09:59 PM
Charter member

As long as I can keep reading mah' books I'm happy.

But I have issues with the entire Occupy movement due to a mixture of their publicity and due to my personal interactions with their supporters.

They tend to be loud. A lot. Really loud. Shouting over explaining. I'm not that fond of doing the "I want something you have but I don't so RAAAAWR" thing about wealth either, but I can't say I let that be my defining factor in disliking them. The whole "C WUT THE COPS DO TO US" annoys me, even when the cops do naughty things - But it's the style of the protest which comes across to me as "Watch me litter, loiter, and be really loud and rude and expect no consequences".

If anything, just seems 'rude' to me. I'd prefer a more organized, if not calm, approach - Though obviously the effectiveness (of either this, OR the loud current one) is debatable.

tl;dr - I don't care as long as I don't have to hear/smell them.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

TopicOccupy Movements [View all] , Straklaw, Thu 24-Nov-11 04:02 PM
Reply Don't like them, incognito, 28-Nov-11 02:41 AM, #8
Reply I honestly don't care too much., Batman (Anonymous), 27-Nov-11 09:59 PM #7
Reply Do not support., Homard, 24-Nov-11 06:23 PM, #1
     Reply I can refute your wall of text with one sentence, vargal, 24-Nov-11 10:19 PM, #2
          Reply Oversimplification., Homard, 25-Nov-11 11:10 AM, #3
               Reply So sayeth the "Good Germans". nt, vargal, 26-Nov-11 11:24 AM, #4
                    Reply What a well formulated argument., Homard, 26-Nov-11 11:47 AM, #5
                         Reply You're a nazi. I win. Nt, Batman (Anonymous), 27-Nov-11 09:47 PM, #6
Top Non-CF Discussion "What Does RL Stand For?" Topic #2096 Previous topic | Next topic