Subject: "Oversimplification." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top Non-CF Discussion "What Does RL Stand For?" Topic #2096
Show all folders

HomardFri 25-Nov-11 11:10 AM
Member since 10th Apr 2010
959 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#2099, "Oversimplification."

No corporation has " all the rights of a living, breathing, human being."

If there is a solution beyond the current definition of "corporation" I'm eager to hear it.

The difficulty, however, is that the proposed solution has to fit into an already complicated legal/economic framework.

"Corporate personhood," like the first amendment, is a double-edged sword. Sure, it protects huge awful companies, but it also protects millions of small business owners. Ending corporate personhood because it protects Unilever is akin to doing away with the first amendment because a lot of hate-speech is also protected.

I'm of the mind that corporate personhood, as it currently exists does far more good than harm and focusing on it as the root of the problem with America is simply naive.

Also, it's very easy to decry something. It's very hard to come up with a solution.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

TopicOccupy Movements [View all] , Straklaw, Thu 24-Nov-11 04:02 PM
Reply Don't like them, incognito, 28-Nov-11 02:41 AM, #8
Reply I honestly don't care too much., Batman (Anonymous), 27-Nov-11 09:59 PM, #7
Reply Do not support., Homard, 24-Nov-11 06:23 PM, #1
     Reply I can refute your wall of text with one sentence, vargal, 24-Nov-11 10:19 PM, #2
          Reply Oversimplification., Homard, 25-Nov-11 11:10 AM #3
               Reply So sayeth the "Good Germans". nt, vargal, 26-Nov-11 11:24 AM, #4
                    Reply What a well formulated argument., Homard, 26-Nov-11 11:47 AM, #5
                         Reply You're a nazi. I win. Nt, Batman (Anonymous), 27-Nov-11 09:47 PM, #6
Top Non-CF Discussion "What Does RL Stand For?" Topic #2096 Previous topic | Next topic