Subject: "Occupy Movements" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top Non-CF Discussion "What Does RL Stand For?" Topic #2096
Show all folders

StraklawThu 24-Nov-11 04:02 PM
Member since 10th Mar 2003
1014 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#2096, "Occupy Movements"

Rather curious on what people thing about this. Personally, I live in North Dakota, so we don't have much direct impact here. To start the discussion/debate, here are my own immediate thoughts.

1) While there's certain parts of their points I agree with, my overall feeling tends to be the "get a job" viewpoint. Particularly in the case of these school demonstrations. Hey, if you aren't making money, maybe the fact that you're sitting in a park for months has something to do with it.

2) Unfortunately, I feel like if these continue, at SOME point, law enforcement is going to cause a frickin' riot. However, given I work at a bar, I also understand that when you're part of a small group keeping control of a large group, the only solution you really have is superior firepower. Even with "peaceful" protesters, they're obviously protesting and there is SOME confrontation to begin with there.

3) Though I CURRENTLY have a distaste for the occupy movement, I tend to feel I have an open mind. Convince me otherwise! Although I tend to find this method distasteful, obviously our current systems have helped the situation reach this point in the first place. Maybe such drastic measures as these are the only way to make a difference at this point.

Thoughts? Comments? Snide remarks? Videos of violence! (Honestly, we DO play CF)

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

TopicOccupy Movements [View all] , Straklaw, Thu 24-Nov-11 04:02 PM
Reply Don't like them, incognito, 28-Nov-11 02:41 AM, #8
Reply I honestly don't care too much., Batman (Anonymous), 27-Nov-11 09:59 PM, #7
Reply Do not support., Homard, 24-Nov-11 06:23 PM, #1
     Reply I can refute your wall of text with one sentence, vargal, 24-Nov-11 10:19 PM, #2
          Reply Oversimplification., Homard, 25-Nov-11 11:10 AM, #3
               Reply So sayeth the "Good Germans". nt, vargal, 26-Nov-11 11:24 AM, #4
                    Reply What a well formulated argument., Homard, 26-Nov-11 11:47 AM, #5
                         Reply You're a nazi. I win. Nt, Batman (Anonymous), 27-Nov-11 09:47 PM, #6
Top Non-CF Discussion "What Does RL Stand For?" Topic #2096 Previous topic | Next topic