Subject: "Best advice I've ever heard on learning programming...." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top Non-CF Discussion "What Does RL Stand For?" Topic #2040
Show all folders

TacThu 20-Jan-11 10:07 AM
Member since 15th Nov 2005
2050 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#2043, "Best advice I've ever heard on learning programming...."

Find a project that interests you. The language doesn't matter, the platform doesn't matter, none of that means anything so long as you find an application that you want and will be personally useful for you. Learn to code that. Rinse, Repeat.

I'm sure the original way I heard it was better stated, but this is what I remember, so it is what you get. If you want your own website, then HTML might be a good fit, but if you aren't interested in investing serious time in having a cool website (obviously it will start simple) then do something else.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

TopicGood start to learn coding... [View all] , Onewingedangel, Wed 19-Jan-11 09:38 PM
Reply RE: Good start to learn coding..., Eskelian, 01-Aug-11 12:25 PM, #4
Reply RE: Good start to learn coding..., Isildur, 20-Jan-11 07:14 PM, #2
Reply RE: Good start to learn coding..., Onewingedangel, 21-Jan-11 11:35 AM, #3
Reply Best advice I've ever heard on learning programming...., Tac, 20-Jan-11 10:07 AM #1
Top Non-CF Discussion "What Does RL Stand For?" Topic #2040 Previous topic | Next topic