Subject: "World Community Grid - Help find cure for cancer and aids." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top Non-CF Discussion "What Does RL Stand For?" Topic #1925
Show all folders

CerunnirMon 31-Aug-09 01:27 PM
Member since 21st Oct 2003
294 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#1925, "World Community Grid - Help find cure for cancer and aids."
Edited on Mon 31-Aug-09 01:28 PM

World Community Grid is an organization that work towards analyzing data, to assist cure illnesses like aids, muscular dystrophy and cancer (amongst others). Essentially you download and install a program, that will use your computer to analyze sections of data when the computer is idle. It will then be sent back, verified and put back into the big picture. Ive made a carrion fields team on the site. Lets all use our computers for something other than just sitting idle when we are away from them!

http://www.worldcommunitygrid.org/reg/viewRegister.do?teamID=1QDRMZ17W1

Once you have made an account, go to My Team and search for "the carrion fields" and you will find the team I made.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

TopicWorld Community Grid - Help find cure for cancer and ai... [View all] , Cerunnir, Mon 31-Aug-09 01:27 PM
Reply Who's with me in not doing this? NT, Batman (Anonymous), 01-Sep-09 02:03 PM, #1
Top Non-CF Discussion "What Does RL Stand For?" Topic #1925 Previous topic | Next topic