Subject: "ubernecro post" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top Non-CF Discussion "What Does RL Stand For?" Topic #1767
Show all folders

FjarnMon 30-Mar-09 07:20 PM
Member since 03rd Jun 2008
173 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1897, "ubernecro post"

So I finally got around to trying this. If we have fresh strawberries, we usually eat them without sacrificing them to the slaughter that is experimental cooking. However, with about a half pound looking to go bad in the next day or so, I gave it a shot.

I changed it, of course. I was looking for something a little more savory than sweet. I added a splash of good olive oil to the butter/cream sauce, and a splash of red wine as well. Not too much, though. At the end, I topped with a pinch of black pepper and some parmesan cheese.

The result was a mutant of the original, I'm sure. Thankfully, it was still very much a strawberry-dominated dish, but the pepper and that tiny amount of wine really mellowed out the sweet. It also made the dish and excellent pairing with the same red that I used in the sauce.

I think grilled red meat with a simple salt/garlic/pepper rub would achieve basically the same thing, but alas, I was looking for a quick dinner tonight.

Thanks, I enjoyed it!

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

TopicHey, I know we've got some chefs out here... [View all] , colospgsbryan, Fri 02-May-08 07:11 PM
Reply Late, sorry, but one of my favorites:, Rayihn, 07-May-08 07:24 AM, #4
Reply RE: Late, sorry, but one of my favorites:, Snarf, 07-May-08 04:34 PM, #5
Reply ubernecro post, Fjarn, 30-Mar-09 07:20 PM #7
Reply RE: Hey, I know we've got some chefs out here..., Eskelian, 05-May-08 02:09 AM, #2
Reply Man, if I didn't know already, I could tell you're from..., TheLastMohican, 06-May-08 11:27 PM, #3
     Reply RE: Man, if I didn't know already, I could tell you're ..., Eskelian, 09-May-08 10:52 AM, #6
Reply RE: Hey, I know we've got some chefs out here..., Valguarnera, 02-May-08 09:30 PM, #1
Top Non-CF Discussion "What Does RL Stand For?" Topic #1767 Previous topic | Next topic