Subject: "RE: Hey, I know we've got some chefs out here..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top Non-CF Discussion "What Does RL Stand For?" Topic #1767
Show all folders

EskelianMon 05-May-08 02:08 AM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
2023 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1771, "RE: Hey, I know we've got some chefs out here..."
Edited on Mon 05-May-08 02:09 AM

Well, if you're going to cook it yourself I'd recommend making it at least three times first yourself so it doesn't come out poorly. These are not "healthy" meals, just good ones. Fine for dating, not typical cuisine:

1) Homemade alfredo sauce with pasta. Alfredo sauce is very simple to make. I recommend using a blender to get a good texture. Serve with either homemade raviolis/tortellini and mushrooms (a dash of curry on the mushrooms makes for delicious flavor). If you can't get homemade see if you can buy them locally non-frozen.

2) Homemade tomato cream sauce with penne. Serve with shrimp or fresh bread (I prefer fresh bread but a lot of people feel the need for some sort of meat).

3) Shrimp scampi served with pesto linguine and tomatoes with fresh mozzarella (try to find somewhere that you can buy homemade mozzarella or fontina).

4) Shrimp bisque with homemade bread. Its vital to make the bread yourself, it needs to be fresh. I like to preface it with mussels in a white wine, lemon and pepper sauce.

In general you can go with either a white or red wine pairing. I personally like a good sangiovese or pinot grigio.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

TopicHey, I know we've got some chefs out here... [View all] , colospgsbryan, Fri 02-May-08 07:11 PM
Reply Late, sorry, but one of my favorites:, Rayihn, 07-May-08 07:24 AM, #4
Reply RE: Late, sorry, but one of my favorites:, Snarf, 07-May-08 04:34 PM, #5
Reply ubernecro post, Fjarn, 30-Mar-09 07:20 PM, #7
Reply RE: Hey, I know we've got some chefs out here..., Eskelian, 05-May-08 02:09 AM #2
Reply Man, if I didn't know already, I could tell you're from..., TheLastMohican, 06-May-08 11:27 PM, #3
     Reply RE: Man, if I didn't know already, I could tell you're ..., Eskelian, 09-May-08 10:52 AM, #6
Reply RE: Hey, I know we've got some chefs out here..., Valguarnera, 02-May-08 09:30 PM, #1
Top Non-CF Discussion "What Does RL Stand For?" Topic #1767 Previous topic | Next topic