Subject: "RE: The last segment of that article." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top Non-CF Discussion "What Does RL Stand For?" Topic #1722
Show all folders

TJHuronWed 09-Apr-08 12:57 PM
Member since 28th Nov 2007
1132 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1737, "RE: The last segment of that article."

I somewhat agree. I see the whole religion side (being Catholic) as well. However, it seems to me from this article that they are technically destroying cow embryo's to make these stem cells not human? Only human DNA is being used. I don't know, not a scientist. But, I had thought that I read another place that they had found alternative methods (like this) to creating stem cells that don't require the destruction of human embryos. If that is true then it should make a compromise suitable for both sides, and any whining beyond it is just a bunch of asses wearing blinders. And they do use these chimeras for lots of other stuff. I saw a deal on the science channel where they crossed goats with spider DNA so the goat milk produced the same protein that spiders use to make spider silk allowing them to extract the protein and duplicate the strongest material on earth.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

TopicScientists create Minotaurs! [View all] , TJHuron, Wed 02-Apr-08 11:35 PM
Reply Arials are next in turn indeed, DurNominator, 08-Apr-08 12:16 AM, #2
Reply The last segment of that article., GinGa, 07-Apr-08 10:24 AM, #1
     Reply RE: The last segment of that article., TJHuron, 09-Apr-08 12:57 PM #3
     Reply RE: The last segment of that article., Eskelian, 10-Apr-08 07:35 AM, #4
Top Non-CF Discussion "What Does RL Stand For?" Topic #1722 Previous topic | Next topic