Subject: "RE: HELP! I came back to CF and keep getting booted!" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top Non-CF Discussion "What Does RL Stand For?" Topic #1498
Show all folders

LyedenSat 22-Sep-07 11:42 PM
Member since 05th Aug 2007
49 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1515, "RE: HELP! I came back to CF and keep getting booted!"

Hmm. Could be a bunch of things. So, you can get into the game, but you get kicked off...is the time this takes usually consistent? Also, do you run any programs that are constantly connected--Trillian, IRC, etc? If so, do they also need to reconnect when this happens?

As for IPs, if the DHCP renew isn't going through and your ip changes, yes, that would do it. Would kill any open TCP connection, really. If that's the case, a static IP would be one way to fix it (Also, static IPs > dynamic if you ask me). OTOH if you're certain your connection is solid, this cannot be it. On a third hand, Speed doesn't necessarily mean stability.

To check on that, open up a cmd prompt and type "ipconfig /all" (assuming windows here, use "ifconfig" if you happen to use *nix). You should see a time at which the DHCP lease expires. Check on it now and then--If you get more than halfway from the time it was issued to the time it expires, there's a problem.

And lastly...If you have some sort of firewall that makes "smart" decisions without your input and is mostly out of sight...kill it.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

TopicHELP! I came back to CF and keep getting booted! [View all] , TFON, Fri 21-Sep-07 12:53 AM
Reply RE: HELP! I came back to CF and keep getting booted!, Lyeden, 22-Sep-07 11:42 PM #1
Top Non-CF Discussion "What Does RL Stand For?" Topic #1498 Previous topic | Next topic