Subject: "That's a good point" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top Non-CF Discussion "What Does RL Stand For?" Topic #1445
Show all folders

LeprechaunMon 17-Sep-07 02:35 AM
Member since 27th Apr 2007
53 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1473, "That's a good point"

I for one need a challenge to be at my best.

I guess you could say humanity has become too successful at evolution, because not only have we survived all the harsh dangers of the wild, we've limited them and in many ways annihilated them.

Our average lifespan has vastly increased because of it. In the old days, diseases and fatal infections after being wounded would be the biggest danger I think. Any open wound might infect (and likely would) and poison your blood if not sterilised, something we take for granted these days. Medical science had been more harmful than helpful for quite a while.

Our highly developed medical advances and level of education has vastly increased our chances of survival, in an evolution way of thinking, probably too far.

Back in the day, only survivors would be able to remain in the genetic pool. The weak/dumb/unlucky would not survive long and have a lesser chance of spreading their genetic heritage. In the past, if you had a semi-serious accident, you'd die. Now you walk out of a hospital as if nothing happened.

As a whole, especially the western world, has grown soft. Does that mean that if something really bad would happen, humanity would die out? I think not. For instance, if a global killer meteorite (like the Dinosaur killer) would strike, a select elite of people with a survivor mentality would fight and survive.

"What is mind, don't matter. What is matter, nevermind!" - Homer J. Simpson.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

TopicEvolution of the human mind [View all] , Leprechaun, Thu 13-Sep-07 08:55 AM
Reply I would add something to you list., Odrirg, 15-Sep-07 08:10 PM, #13
Reply You're mixing theories.., vargal, 15-Sep-07 08:57 PM, #14
Reply nope let me elaborate somewhat., Odrirg, 16-Sep-07 04:55 AM, #15
Reply That's a good point, Leprechaun, 17-Sep-07 02:35 AM #16
Reply Part C, from primitive mind to modern man, Leprechaun, 14-Sep-07 03:11 AM, #8
Reply RE: Part C, from primitive mind to modern man, TheFrog, 14-Sep-07 05:03 PM, #11
     Reply Basically life has become too complex, Leprechaun, 17-Sep-07 03:39 AM, #17
Reply You should ask the dolphins., GinGa, 13-Sep-07 11:35 AM, #3
Reply I've been skipping the Dolphinese classes :( nt, Leprechaun, 13-Sep-07 11:55 AM, #4
Reply RE: Evolution of the human mind, Isildur, 13-Sep-07 11:08 AM, #1
     Reply Especially chimps would have to be superior, but they'r..., Leprechaun, 13-Sep-07 11:21 AM, #2
     Reply Chimps cannot speak, DurNominator, 13-Sep-07 12:57 PM, #5
          Reply RE: Chimps cannot speak, Leprechaun, 14-Sep-07 04:02 AM, #9
               Reply Re: chimps, DurNominator, 14-Sep-07 10:07 AM, #10
     Reply RE: Evolution of the human mind, Daevryn, 13-Sep-07 01:38 PM, #6
          Reply RE: Evolution of the human mind, Leprechaun, 14-Sep-07 02:10 AM, #7
          Reply RE: Evolution of the human mind, Eskelian, 14-Sep-07 05:09 PM, #12
Top Non-CF Discussion "What Does RL Stand For?" Topic #1445 Previous topic | Next topic