Subject: "Festival update" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top Non-CF Discussion "What Does RL Stand For?" Topic #1286
Show all folders

LeprechaunMon 20-Aug-07 03:31 AM
Member since 27th Apr 2007
53 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1286, "Festival update"

Now that the (summer) season is nearing an end ... At least here it is. Been to the last big one over here this weekend.

Armand van Helden:

I planned to check him out for maybe 45 minutes, and then go to mainstage, but I ended up staying the full 2 hours. A great performance. Everyone within the dance hall, and a lot of people outside, was dancing. 9/10

Nine Inch Nails:

I've seen them before and they were great then, but they managed to be even better now, good stuff! 'Head like a hole' and 'Hurt' were two (very) highs and an awesome way to finish an already awesome performance. 10/10

Sonic Youth:

They actually played their 'Daydream nation' album completely, which is a great album, so cool. I saw them at a gig earlier this year, which was far more noisier (take that literal) and very cool. I guess it's not something you want to do on a festival though, unless you want to scare everyone but the hardcore fans away ... 9/10

The Streets

Not really my kind of thing, but they were trying to get the crowd going and actually managed to do it too! At 1.30pm, that's an achievement 7/10

Now the bads:

Kings of Leon:

Bleh, 'I'm on call' was good, that's it. The show was filled with almost identical (at least in structure) and stereotypical intros and songs, that were very hard to tell apart. Just a very boring show. 2/10

Trentemoller:

Well, not really bad, I actually enjoyed it musically, but it's very hard to dance to. The crowd was there, ready to get it going, but it didn't happen. It's more for the afterparty than dance hall material. 5/10

"What is mind, don't matter. What is matter, nevermind!" - Homer J. Simpson.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

TopicFestival update [View all] , Leprechaun, Mon 20-Aug-07 03:31 AM
Reply RE: Festival update, Yean, 25-Aug-07 06:43 AM, #1
Top Non-CF Discussion "What Does RL Stand For?" Topic #1286 Previous topic | Next topic