Subject: "Let me count the ways...." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top Non-CF Discussion "What Does RL Stand For?" Topic #1105
Show all folders

TacThu 26-Apr-07 10:49 AM
Member since 15th Nov 2005
2050 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1110, "Let me count the ways...."

It was very picky about recognizing the print. This could be good or bad, but was generally frustrating. It caused some programs to work very poorly or not at all. It ran along with every program (it wasn't just for logging in, but for logging in to other programs that require passwords as well) and if it didn't work, it sometimes wouldn't allow you to manually enter a password either. The database of password/print wasn't stored locally (bad implementation) and would fail to connect pretty regularly. It didn't handle password changes very eloquently, which would lead to getting locked out.

Did I mention this technology is evil? Do you own the data that represents your fingerprint once your employer has it? Is that information protected? When you leave do they get rid of it, including backups? If it isn't stored locally (or even if it is) is it encrypted in transit? Would that data be protected in the case of a crime or other legal reason where authorities might ask for it?

Bad matching algorightm, slow, and crashing windows (or specific programs) are all pretty accurate besides the things I mentioned above.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

TopicHow hard is it to replace Windows Logon? [View all] , Eskelian, Thu 26-Apr-07 07:50 AM
Reply RE: How hard is it to replace Windows Logon?, Marcus_, 26-Apr-07 09:41 AM, #2
Reply RE: How hard is it to replace Windows Logon?, Eskelian, 26-Apr-07 09:48 AM, #3
Reply My company recently tried one of these products, Tac, 26-Apr-07 08:11 AM, #1
     Reply RE: My company recently tried one of these products, Eskelian, 26-Apr-07 10:03 AM, #4
          Reply Let me count the ways...., Tac, 26-Apr-07 10:49 AM #5
               Reply RE: Let me count the ways...., Eskelian, 26-Apr-07 03:51 PM, #6
                    Reply Both. Third party stuff was very buggy., Tac, 26-Apr-07 04:02 PM, #7
                         Reply In all fairness, Tac, 26-Apr-07 04:09 PM, #8
                              Reply RE: In all fairness, Eskelian, 26-Apr-07 11:13 PM, #9
                                   Reply Think Gattaca, Tac, 27-Apr-07 08:30 AM, #10
Top Non-CF Discussion "What Does RL Stand For?" Topic #1105 Previous topic | Next topic