Subject: "Just saw Outlaw, its covers these feelings well." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top Non-CF Discussion "What Does RL Stand For?" Topic #1047
Show all folders

GinGaFri 23-Mar-07 06:35 AM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
996 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1059, "Just saw Outlaw, its covers these feelings well."

When I see some of the yobs in the street, I still cringe to think they waste away so many hours on crime and are sitting on benefit money. Out in Trowbridge near Rumney, there's a council estate right next to a college campus. Students are constantly threatened by kids on the street, often with weapons, and almost weekly they'll have a car broken into despite having tight security.

Just three weeks ago, some teenagers jumped the nursery wall and tore up the garden that the staff and <4 year old children had been making. They then spray painted the walls with vulgar grafitti.

I understand these kids are bored. They think school is a joke, they don't need jobs because they can steal/scam benefit. But when they were given a place to go and something to do - they tore that up as well. There is something seriously wrong when we keep producing these destruction chavs who are so intent on ruining their environment that they'll tear up their own doorsteps for fun.

In the movie Outlaw, it handled the adult side of things. People who get away with crap - because they can. But the problem is seriously focused in our kids. I am glad that at least its a minority but those kinds of council estates need serious work. Apparently, the local police won't patrol them because they recieve abuse. WTF?!?! When these kids can intimidate police its time to stand up to them and show them there's a higher power. Not back down.

Yhorian.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

TopicTerrible things even come gift wrapped. [View all] , Iunna, Thu 15-Mar-07 02:44 PM
Reply That made me cry nt, Krilcov Krieger, 28-Mar-07 01:20 PM, #12
Reply Follow up: Suspect found, Linolaques, 23-Mar-07 11:52 AM, #11
Reply I would gladly do time for people commit acts like that..., Abernyte, 16-Mar-07 10:35 AM, #6
Reply Just saw Outlaw, its covers these feelings well., GinGa, 23-Mar-07 06:35 AM #10
Reply Why? Just, why?, GinGa, 16-Mar-07 07:40 AM, #5
Reply That little ####o deserves to have his hands and feet c..., Aodh, 15-Mar-07 04:37 PM, #2
Reply That may be the worst thing I've ever read. (n/t), Daevryn, 15-Mar-07 03:58 PM, #1
     Reply RE: That may be the worst thing I've ever read. (n/t), Isildur, 15-Mar-07 04:45 PM, #3
          Reply RE: That may be ..., Jynx, 15-Mar-07 05:35 PM, #4
          Reply I vote Iunna's worse., Straklaw, 16-Mar-07 04:03 PM, #7
          Reply RE: I vote Iunna's worse., Jynx, 16-Mar-07 08:49 PM, #8
          Reply This thread is officially depressing (nt), Drama, 21-Mar-07 03:10 PM, #9
          Reply Ha ha ha ha makes me proud to live in Pittsburgh. So do..., lurker, 28-Mar-07 04:04 PM, #13
Top Non-CF Discussion "What Does RL Stand For?" Topic #1047 Previous topic | Next topic