Subject: "I fell out of touch with Oringus a few weeks back" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #99345
Show all folders

LokainThu 19-May-11 12:41 AM
Member since 03rd Jul 2009
173 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#99372, "I fell out of touch with Oringus a few weeks back"

About 4 weeks ago I got sick for about a week, and didn't really feel up to playing, and then I got a brand new computer where I could actually play SC2 again. That coupled with some legacy choice regrets, I just felt like it became a chore to actually log-on and play. When I realized I had gotten to 140 hours with this char pretty quickly by my standards and then like 3 weeks to rack up 20 more? I knew it was time to delete. Furthemore, I had written up what I thought to be some pretty sweet role entries that I never posted, and the longer it went without me posting them the further away I got from the char. Ces't la vie.

I was really happy to get War Master, even though I was really the only option at the time, it was my first Imperial leader, and I thought I did a fair job of it. I tried to play the role of the hard ass drill instructor type a la R. Lee Ermey from Full Metal Jacket, but at the same time I had it in my role that Oringus was against "pay for play" imperial politics, so I always promoted blades for free. So I wasn't a total meanie.

In my 15 or so years of playing CF this is literally only my 4th hero warrior, and I quickly realized that unlike some of the other classes you really get a lot better with each one you play. So while I wasn't overly deathful by any means, I felt I was successful. I went polearm/h2h and picked Gates of the Forge and Fires of Adversity. I think if I were ever to do it again, I would not have picked those legacies. I thought they were both fine, but Gates really doesn't work for my style of play (reliance on gear! I know that gates works no matter what, but it's clear it's better if your stuff is better) and I thought fires was great, but definitely not something I'd take as a polearm spec. Anyways...

Goodbyes:

Empire:

Sivyh: I really liked you, and I wasn't blowing smoke up your ass when I told you that I'd always be loyal. I wasn't sure if you ever believed me when I told you that, but it was true.

Kjaz: Really had a love hate relationship with you. I love your style of play, I kind of think it's like mine, but when you put two aggressive people together, one of them is going to come out short from being unprepped. Whenever I followed you into a fight I would always shake my head and think "I'm probably going to die" but eff it. Let's roll! I know we had our differences, but you made a huge mistake in so openly trusting me right away and spilling your secrets. You probably didn't realize how much time Norington and I had spent together before I was War Master and before you were High Priest.

Zaan: You were great. I liked your nickname and your third person speech. Our last exchange was my little hope that you became the next war master, because you seemed to be willing to mix it up when times were tough.

Maugauth: I ####ing hate minotaurs. Hate them with a passion. Especially when they're leading Hell trips and every direction is important for survival. You're a great High Priest. It was tough to recommend you for High Priest since I knew Farror would help out the Blades more than a shaman would, but I think what I told Sivyh was true, and I'll repeat what I said to him if you ever delete.

Norington: My man. By far my favorite imperial. Towards the end I seemed to be missing you a lot, but you were great fun, and I loved having you around even though you stole all of my kills.

Fortress:

Rhone: I absolutely hated having your around. My build allowed me to do absolutely nothing to you and I knew that the best I could do against you was simply "survive". I don't know how many times I had to stun you to get away with my life. Rhone was the main reason that I started to feel absolutely helpless with my build.

Faeshu: I don't think you realize how close you were to killing me at the watcher that one time. I got dispelled by the Watcher (yay for nasty inner ugliness) and you landed a massive circle stab on me. I think I got away with like 20hp and quaffed a tele. You had a lot of heart and defended when you had absolutely no business doing so. I don't think anyone would have thought worse of you if you were to have bailed when it was a 5v1 raid situation. I used to play a lot like that until I realized that bailing out in a no-win situation is better than being the captain going down with the ship!

Gurzgred: Jesus Christ. I'm not sure what happened with you. One day I'm beating on you casually and you're not really a threat, and then the next day and every day after that, you're beating on me like an angry devil. Like Faeshu, lots of heart, but with a bit more PK gumption. I posted that log of our fight in Galadon simply because of what you asked afterwards about it being close.

I'm sure I'm missing a lot of people. I didn't really interact with any imms with this char, but as always, a huge thanks to you all for providing us with this game.

-Dave

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

Topic(RAGE DELETE) [EMPIRE] Oringus the Legend of the Battle... [View all] , Death_Angel, Tue 17-May-11 08:36 PM
Reply I fell out of touch with Oringus a few weeks back, Lokain, 19-May-11 12:41 AM #6
Reply I liked your role, Malakhi, 20-May-11 12:04 AM, #7
     Reply Hey thanks, Lokain, 20-May-11 02:44 AM, #8
Reply RE: (RAGE DELETE) [EMPIRE] Oringus the Legend of the Ba..., The Zaan (Anonymous), 18-May-11 11:28 AM, #5
Reply RE: (RAGE DELETE) [EMPIRE] Oringus the Legend of the Ba..., Sivyh (Anonymous), 18-May-11 08:38 AM, #4
Reply Sorry., Rhone (Anonymous), 17-May-11 10:58 PM, #2
Reply Oringus was a classy foe!, Murphy, 18-May-11 01:39 AM, #3
Reply So what happened here?, Maugauth (Anonymous), 17-May-11 09:02 PM, #1
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #99345 Previous topic | Next topic