Subject: "RE: Zhuldarek (semi) rage deleted" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #92571
Show all folders

ValkenarFri 21-May-10 07:00 AM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
1203 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#92579, "RE: Zhuldarek (semi) rage deleted"

>Man, you didn't spell your own character's name right.

If you can check number of failed logins you'll probably see this reflected there too.

>You have to do a lot more than mostly-politely disagree on the
>forums to earn a grudge in this crowd.

Oh, of course. I entirely meant that in a positive way. It wouldn't have been a grudge, it would've been favoritism, which is also something that doesn't happen except once in a blue moon. That's why I called it unlikely.

>This isn't much different from my experience playing a shaman.
> The difference is, on a good day I'm still going to kill that
>someone.

I've gone over my fights a bit, trying to figure out what sups I could've thrown instead. There definitely was room for improvement, but I didn't really see a case where I could've won it in 3 sups.

>You did get one kill, though it wasn't a solo kill.

That wasn't a kill it was euthanasia. The guy dropped in one melee hit. If I had known he was that close to dead I would've just let the original dude finish it.

>1) If my strategy is to throw -str in the 20s, I'd rather fight a
fire giant
>with two heavy swords than a lower strength character who can

Well the question is what I could've done instead. I could've gone for straight move drain, and hit and run a lot. But that wasn't going to happen in 3 sups either. I didn't have the luxury of running off to mend. In fact, I tried that and he just easily chased me down before I could get off more than one mend.

>3) It sounds like you didn't take a look at your opponent.

This is true. But I wouldn't have recognized his +str numbers anyway. I have a plan for fixing this.

>4) Don't forget that your opponent also had always-on
>inherent DR against what you were throwing, too, something I
>assume you didn't try to counter (and honestly, I'm not sure
>that I would have.)

In which fight the first or second? In the second I was basically going for whatever parrying edge I could manage, in the first I was throwing lightning.

>5) Granted, there's always the strategy of wearing someone
>down through attrition, but even if you did get the weapon
>out, what then? In this case, what does that get you?

Well with the weapon out, he can't lag me, he's not doing as much damage, and my parrying is much better. That gives me the ability to outdamage him. Three damage sups wouldn't have won me the fight either.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

TopicZhuldarek (semi) rage deleted [View all] , Valkenar, Thu 20-May-10 11:02 PM
Reply RE: Zhuldarek (semi) rage deleted, sleepy, 21-May-10 03:18 AM, #5
Reply Dude..., Ramant, 21-May-10 12:28 AM, #3
Reply Oops: Missed this quote from you, Ramant, 21-May-10 12:34 AM, #4
Reply RE: Dude..., Valkenar, 21-May-10 07:12 AM, #8
Reply RE: Zhuldarek (semi) rage deleted, Isildur, 21-May-10 12:08 AM, #2
Reply RE: Zhuldarek (semi) rage deleted, Valkenar, 21-May-10 07:08 AM, #7
Reply RE: Zhuldarek (semi) rage deleted, Daevryn, 20-May-10 11:45 PM, #1
     Reply RE: Zhuldarek (semi) rage deleted, Valkenar, 21-May-10 07:00 AM #6
          Reply What I've learned with Chisaw, Dervish, 21-May-10 12:46 PM, #9
               Reply What I learned from a couple shaman, Malakhi, 21-May-10 01:07 PM, #10
                    Reply RE: What I learned from a couple shaman, Dervish, 21-May-10 01:14 PM, #11
                         Reply RE: What I learned from a couple shaman, Isildur, 21-May-10 01:23 PM, #12
                         Reply RE: What I learned from a couple shaman, Malakhi, 21-May-10 01:54 PM, #13
                              Reply RE: What I learned from a couple shaman, Dervish, 21-May-10 02:07 PM, #14
                                   Reply learn to control the flow of a battle by not being a wu..., laxman, 21-May-10 02:46 PM, #15
                                        Reply RE: learn to control the flow of a battle by not being ..., Dervish, 21-May-10 04:25 PM, #16
                                             Reply logs will not help you, laxman, 21-May-10 05:35 PM, #17
                                             Reply Well, Dervish, 21-May-10 06:14 PM, #19
                                                  Reply You might try this., Jafel, 22-May-10 07:57 PM, #20
                                             Reply logs will not help you, laxman, 21-May-10 05:35 PM, #18
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #92571 Previous topic | Next topic