Subject: "Addiction is hard to kick, hard to kick. (super long)" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #7413
Show all folders

Goapa (Guest)Tue 02-Jul-02 06:35 AM

#7414, "Addiction is hard to kick, hard to kick. (super long)"

This was my fruitless attempt a a legacy warrior. I could just not walk away without trying one. I had this plan of going Balance of the Sisters and Hour Past Midnight and having this powerful avg 33 exotic in my main hand, cursed of course, that parries pretty good and hits pretty good, and in the offhand being freely able to entwine, boneshatter, eyejab, the works.
Well, that did not pan out well at all, and as with all experiments, failure is always a viable and sometimes expected result. Hour Past Midnight needs some kind of flare to it, some kind of little attack that you can show off. For giving up you specs (unless you go exactly my route) the legacy sucks terribly. With no noticable difference it was tough even believing if the legacy existed, which is why I just wanted at least a personal echo so people picking it would at least not feel totally cheated. But yet again maybe I didn't experiment with it, but I just don't have the time.

I cannot say definitively that I am done with this place, my plan was to quit slowly and the cut off date of August 1st is a coming up. Lets all pray and hope I can by then shall we? Anyway, the character.

I tried to create a "rager" role in Scion and to see if it was possible. I really don't know much about preps since my warrior classes relied heavily on resist and spellbane (Oh the perfect easy prep). What little did I know on how difficult a non-rager has surviving, but I think I did pretty well.

I also tried to be a "non" full looter and I was successful at it all the way to Hero. I decided to fight Koogar one on one, hoping that if I showed enough balls to do that, he would not ful loot me, and I would of course do the same. I die (oh well) and I got a canteen back. Everything was taken, even things he could not use. To that point I returned 90 to 100% of what was on the player when they died, until then. Pissed, I decided I would NOT fall into the vicious circle and then Astarico killed me while reequiping and looted all my things again. Oh well, back to the downward spirling circle.

Fauaqi thought his life was dedicated to protecting mages no matter what. I die before the mage dies, plain and simple, and I would actually smile and be happy for my character when I did that. The times I hated dying was to the insta-kill classes or the frustration I had it won, battle changed by one command battles. I'll expand on that in my goodbyes.

Scions:
An interesting bunch and an interesting time I grew up in. Scions in power but not in power at younger ranks. I definitely had a lot of fun in my younger years and that is probably where my better pk ratio comes from.

Dullameh: Interesting lich I guess. I always, from the first day I started mudding to today hate, with a passion the "shrug" social and you used it constantly. Pissed me off to no end. But I was the bitch warrior and accepted it and I hope I was at least somewhat impressive for a first time at a prepping warrior (I admit, I am no where near Dwoggurd).

Krivohan: Dark, mysterious, interesting character you got there. Our times in hell were interesting. Damn I wish I could have gotten to the end. I learned so much down there. That one time where I panicked and thought I was a rager (I do that a lot now from playing so many) I decided to run out of Aridhol right into that damn snare. I was so angry at myself. The word "idiot" came out of my mouth more than 20 times while watching the screen. How they didn't kill me was amazing... You goodies need to learn how to pk. But your words hit deep there, that was a panicky mistake and I hardly ever do those, man I was so scared of getting booted so I just entered the, "I'm a mage bitch mode, you need me don't you? *bat eyes*". HAR

Orinah: Fauaqi as a character loved your presence and saw you as the main one to protect at all times. Every fight we went into usually worked out well and the ones that didn't, well I was dying before you . The crossroads gang of you where I was at half my hits and saw you getting attacked and I just turned around and charged back in hoping at least to take one down to free you up to recall. Rhuean was at convulsing and his little concealed got me, damn. I was so proud at that moment though, felt like I accomplished something with my character.
The other was fighting Shamus and Rhuean outside the village. They were both bashing you (remember, keep the bash shield up!) so instead of just going for the kill and not caring about you as a magi, I pulled Shamus out of the room to allow you to escape. Felt good about that too.
Anyway, getting mushy here.
Our hell trips were always fun. That one that lasted until the wee times in the morning is when I realized for sure I have to stop mudding. For the first time ever I neglected WORK for a hell trip which is unacceptable. I had to take the day off because I was so strung out . You made me realize how bad and terrible for you the addiction is if taken in large doses.
Anyway again, good job, you were a great invoker and very very skilled despite what others say. Its those pkers mindset that is one of the coolest things on CF. When you travel with someone and you don't really need to speak, you just know. *shiver*

Dranolian:
The transmuter friend. Thanks for not treating me too badly as a mage bitch, you kept me a live a few times and I enjoyed the Whistlewood Swamp, good place, and pretty neat. Thanks for dragging me along.

Kalraak:
Ahh the fellow guard member. You are one scary mo momma jomma with your equipment, I am sure Rhuean got the surprise of his life when he fought you, ouch... Keep it up if you can.

Dwoggurd:
Bastard didn't share your secrets! Nasty and even more nasty after you came back from the depths. So damn nasty, nasty nasty nasty, and nasty to boot. You must spend every non-fighting, cabal raiding, exploring moment prepping. No sitting in the bar for you.

Urden:
You were a weird one indeed. Show up, disappear, show up and disappear. Didn't really get to know you too much in the hero range but I always respected you coming up knowing you were going to get chancellorship there.

Marivor:
You are the most useless of uselessness. When you are fighting an invoker, you just don't shift and ram out, you DISPEL HIM SO THE WARRIOR CAN CRANIAL/BASH HIM EFFECTIVELY. Despite my subtle hints at doing so, you rejected it so I marched right off to my death with you against the invoker. See mage bitch. I hope you delete . The losing of all my nice pretty things there because of an incompetent mage almost made me lose it and rage delete my first character ever.

Daiken:
Said my goodbyes before, but wanted to say this. Sometimes just sitting there listening to the cabal channel it was like I was sitting in a computer lab with 5 smuggers or something who all thought they were all that and a bag of chips, all arguing because none of them think they are wrong. There was 15 minutes there during that village raid and what not that I could not stop laughing. Egoes hitting egoes over the minny IRC. Daiken talking smack, Orinah talking smack, Kriovhan talking smack, Dranolian dropping one in from duo, and then the mage bitch (me) just nodding and saying, "Yes Artifactor". I was dying laughing, I could hardly function. What is most terrible about it is that the Scions were still 400 times more effective even bickering than any other group. Amazing indeed when everyone got past their egoes and got down to their jobs.

Bulgogor: Little Anti paladin annoying little bastard. Despite my ego I had to make peace with you as the "mage bitch" role dictated. Keep trucking and level some.

The anaconda/cobra Scion (Tusuxis something): I always wanted the anaconda as a form and a bard buddy to be with me. Talk about sick things.

Other Scions: Scions is definitely losing power in a quick way. Lets keep up the good fight. I like the cabal actually although there still doesn't seem to be direction. But I left the direction up to the Artifactors, I was just happy with the trinkets.

Battle:
I was appalled on how most of you acted. I will not name anyone here, but I was so disappointed as a LONG time battle player with all of your actions. It was utterly disgusting. Even me, a staunch battle defender in the OOC world found it hard to swallow almost everything you did.

Shamus: Since you are dead I'll say this. You did beat me one on one pretty much all the time. Ahh the power of my legacy . Each time though you would say, "Wimp call me out and see how I destroy you" and each time you just didn't get what I was saying to you. You have/had no control at all over your cabal. It was an induct and go forth thing. The worse this is you KNEW IT and admitted it freely,

Shamus tells you, 'I have very little control over what my men do'

BULL CRAP. It is called uninduct. Hold the tablet high, despite hardship, instead you hid it away with terrible applicants and their horrible actions that came with it.

As to ragers, most I outfought hands down using my warrior tactics only to be defeated directly because of bloodthirst. Fled from Shamus one time at 300 hits, deathblow annalled me, dead *sigh*. Sylkorian I would school and then he would just thirst and be all better. Same with the other ragers too. It really hurt the ego, well besides being ganged by ragers that is.

Falkim: The sylvan summon me to your snare trick was quite neat. Quite ragerly of you. Keep doing that, that will make you leader! *shiver* BOOT!
Koogar: Mother said don't say anything if you can't say anything good
Spyko:Mother said don't say anything if you can't say anything good
Rorimac: Mother said don't say anything if you can't say anything good
Rathral: Mother said don't say anything if you can't say anything good
And to the rest of the rager apps except for Reznouk, who I never met, the above goes for you as well.

Warlocks:
All easy prey except that Quasil invoker. Water water everywhere!
Other invoker who just deleted, damn I am amazed I got you at the archmage.

Paladins:
Wasarbre:
That fight where I killed you was a fluke of nature. There was no reason at all I should have one there. We fought and the same tactic was used, wrath wrath wrath. Don't you have angel swing or something? Oh well, we traded blows quite frequently and I had no problems ganging paladins.

Alghorvhal: No problem ganging you, see above, wrath wrath wrath.

Halging: No problem ganging you, see above, wrath wrath wrath, though I liked how you returned some of my things whils Janorun stood there with an archon and a water elemental waiting for me to come up, you are so nice (One could say that was... EVIL)

Astarcio: The bird, panic got me the first time, the rest of the time you were just an annoyance. Enjoyed killing you greatly and you are a "wench" . I needed something to say for my test tells, wench just seemed to fit. You never said one word to me. Also note to everyone!

ENTWINE KEEPS AIR MAJORS THERE so they can't fly away they have to revert, woho!

Sylvan:
Cerunnir: I still maintained my return equipment thing to you unless overruled directly by a mage of Scion (see mage bitch role). That one time I returned your things two times you pushed my tolerance for full loot . Enjoyed our fights, we were pretty equal except that one time I caught you with whips out only and eyejabbed you right away.

Danical: Please, please summon me into a rager gang please! Had some fights, you are good to go, it is not like you need to keep to any sort of standard so I have nothing against you. Good job.

Alysrith: Pretty much took care of you every time I ran into you. It was a great ego boost to clean up you an Shalven outside Kiadana, I finally learned the power of haste potions and their locations .

Shalven: You took Orinah's ring so it was Fauaqi's mission to return it. I came after you every time usin whatever trick I had in my book. SO many times did you just walk by and my cranial Shalven while enlarged would come right after you walked by. Damn I'm slow in my old age. Whatever, enjoy the ring.

Ultec: Ouch. 30% chance to win, guessing, well, the odds worked, I died. Thanks for leaving most of my things.

Tribunal:
Yetirai: Our duel really didn't start as a duel, before I got to you I was manacled and 1/4 my hits down from younger tribunal guards. Oh well, you are a nasty warrior though, keep it up.

Esk: bloody shackles... Not like. Was I like the only one who actually got away from you when you got them on someone? Guess some people don't realize, "Stop walking" if you are shackled with those. Har! Good luck, I like it how you are taking your time, allows for your character to develop some, keep trucking.

Nexite:
Cuncocopapna whatever: My wolf forest rival. You were in the wolf forest from my level one to when I could hurt you (20 some). And you were the same level. You were well trained, keep going Elder.

Nevar: Going from hating you to liking you. Nexite wars are weird.

Darantin: Man did I rough you up during the war, I hope you get better.

Marquez: Sorry for that last one, thought you were just another goodie. See mage bitch role for reason why I was so sorry.

END:
All in all a fun character and great for blowing off some steam. I learned a ton and I thought I learned all there is to know. Thanks all who helped and don't take what I say too personally, it is a rambling of an addicted old guy.

Go
(means trying to Go away but can't)

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

HOT Topic(DEL) Fauaqi the Weaponsmaster [View all] , Death_Angel, Tue 02-Jul-02 05:19 AM
Reply Addiction is hard to kick, hard to kick. (super long), Goapa (Guest), 02-Jul-02 06:35 AM #2
Reply Heh.., Halning (Guest), 02-Jul-02 07:00 AM, #3
Reply RE: Heh.., Dranolian (Guest), 02-Jul-02 08:01 AM, #9
     Reply RE: Heh.., Halning (Guest), 02-Jul-02 08:13 AM, #10
Reply RE: Addiction is hard to kick, hard to kick. (super lon..., ORB, 02-Jul-02 07:18 AM, #4
Reply HAWYEE!!!, Yeitrai (Guest), 02-Jul-02 07:23 AM, #5
Reply *Pours some of his ale onto the ground for his fallen c..., Obeke (Guest), 02-Jul-02 07:41 AM, #6
Reply I have never, Adgento (Guest), 02-Jul-02 07:50 AM, #7
Reply Mutual benefit, Goapa (Guest), 02-Jul-02 05:45 PM, #24
     Reply RE: Mutual benefit, Racli, 02-Jul-02 07:41 PM, #34
     Reply Hum, what i dont get is..., Adgento (Guest), 02-Jul-02 11:18 PM, #46
          Reply Whole story, Goapa (Guest), 02-Jul-02 11:44 PM, #48
               Reply 'o capito, very cool. nt, Adgento (Guest), 02-Jul-02 02:24 PM, #16
Reply RE: Addiction is hard to kick, hard to kick. (super lon..., Dranolian (Guest), 02-Jul-02 07:58 AM, #8
Reply Hrmph, Delebrinduil (Guest), 02-Jul-02 08:17 AM, #11
Reply Doom on you., Krivohan, 02-Jul-02 08:28 AM, #12
Reply RE: Addiction is hard to kick, hard to kick. (super lon..., Kalraak (Guest), 02-Jul-02 08:43 AM, #13
Reply RE: Addiction is hard to kick, hard to kick. (super lon..., Daiken (Guest), 02-Jul-02 10:31 AM, #14
Reply RE: Addiction is hard to kick, hard to kick. (super lon..., Cercanopuno (Guest), 02-Jul-02 10:51 AM, #15
Reply Well damn., Urden, 02-Jul-02 03:14 PM, #17
Reply RE: Addiction is hard to kick, hard to kick. (super lon..., Racli, 02-Jul-02 03:47 PM, #19
Reply Dont Bitch at me, Marivor (Guest), 02-Jul-02 04:18 PM, #22
Reply Own your mistakes, Goapa., Sheesh. (Guest), 02-Jul-02 07:11 PM, #30
Reply RE: Dont Bitch at me, Orinah (Guest), 02-Jul-02 10:04 PM, #43
     Reply Kiss my ass Orinah, Marivor (Guest), 02-Jul-02 04:13 PM, #21
          Reply RE: Kiss my ass Orinah, Orinah (Guest), 02-Jul-02 05:51 PM, #25
Reply RE: Addiction is hard to kick, hard to kick. (super lon..., Wasarbre (Guest), 02-Jul-02 04:50 PM, #23
Reply RE: Addiction is hard to kick, hard to kick. (super lon..., Boy Scout (Guest), 02-Jul-02 06:22 PM, #26
Reply My names are usually pretty random, Goapa (Guest), 02-Jul-02 07:12 PM, #31
Reply RE: Addiction is hard to kick, hard to kick. (super lon..., Danical (Guest), 02-Jul-02 06:22 PM, #27
Reply Give me a break.., Gabe, 02-Jul-02 06:37 PM, #28
Reply Well, Goapa (Guest), 02-Jul-02 07:05 PM, #29
     Reply RE: Well, Gabe, 02-Jul-02 07:32 PM, #32
     Reply One last try to explain, Goapa (Guest), 02-Jul-02 08:10 PM, #36
          Reply RE: One last try to explain, Gabe, 02-Jul-02 08:48 PM, #40
          Reply ROAR!, Goapa (Guest), 02-Jul-02 10:58 PM, #44
               Reply Crazieness!..heh..I agree to disagree too!..:P (n/t), Gabe, 02-Jul-02 03:26 PM, #18
               Reply RE: ROAR!, Danical (Guest), 02-Jul-02 09:08 PM, #42
                    Reply RE: ROAR!, Lannie (Guest), 04-Jul-02 12:15 PM, #49
          Reply RE: One last try to explain, Danical (Guest), 02-Jul-02 09:03 PM, #41
     Reply RE: Well, HammerSong, 02-Jul-02 07:59 PM, #35
          Reply RE: Well, Gabe, 02-Jul-02 08:40 PM, #39
               Reply summoning to ragers, Persumal (Guest), 04-Jul-02 02:05 PM, #50
Reply Bye, artifactor, Dwoggurd (Guest), 02-Jul-02 07:39 PM, #33
Reply Well done., Eskelian, 02-Jul-02 08:14 PM, #37
Reply Bleh, Garlinthas (Guest), 02-Jul-02 08:25 PM, #38
Reply We rarely fought and you never used whips on me, Sylkorian (Guest), 02-Jul-02 11:00 PM, #45
     Reply Western Crossroads in the Weald, Goapa (Guest), 02-Jul-02 11:37 PM, #47
          Reply For future reference with your next character:, Disbelief (Guest), 02-Jul-02 03:56 PM, #20
Reply RE: (DEL) Fauaqi the Weaponsmaster, Orinah (Guest), 02-Jul-02 05:30 AM, #1
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #7413 Previous topic | Next topic