Subject: "RE: (AGE DEATH) [NEXUS] Marastron Talelse the Weaver of..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #59211
Show all folders

Marastron (Guest)Mon 25-Jun-07 09:27 AM

#59290, "RE: (AGE DEATH) [NEXUS] Marastron Talelse the Weaver of..."

It's been about three days since passing, which in the cf world is long enough for we average players to be forgotten and replaced, but I did want to comment briefly now that I'm back at work.

Marastron was created purely to play something outside my norm, a race, class, cabal etc. I'd never heroed. I also wanted to play something from start to death due to some posts Twist made quite a while back about trying to play one character exclusively. I did finally make age death, though it wasn't always easy. I can't say I didn't roll anything else during the Marastron months but never took anything over about 14. I'm not really an aggressive character, but (particularly towards the end) did try to be a bit more confrontational.

Comments:

Class/Race - I will say that I very much enjoyed the invoker class. As would be obvious to most anyone, my item knowledge (including wand knowledge) isn't particularly strong, but the invoker with shields and all their options of spells really has a lot of funness to it. Attempting to master all spells was perhaps a bit more than I should have gone for, but straight 100s on everything did look nice. Gnome, as we all know, means nice hit points, which I do think helped my survivability a lot.

Cabal - Nexus is a bit different then the cabals I normally play, and I did have quite an adjustment curve. The bond is a great power, and I wish I had played with it more, but my hours were often relatively quiet (of friends & enemies). I don't know that I'm going to come rushing back to it anytime soon, but it has some decent ideas & rp-able goals.

In making goodbyes, a character with more than 500 hours meets many people, and truth be told, my memory is godawful. Also, there are a lot of folk I didn't see regularly enough to comment towards--even if I liked your company/recall you fondly (e.g. Tumarellen, Verakh, Vettal). If you feel slighted, resist the urge to hunt me down and just add a message which I'll do my best to reply to.

Tsyda/Nanorab: You two defined the nexus for me when i started playing the char, showed both sides of what is what about, and generally being good to talk to. Those were some good times.

Zesam: Our potentially immortal Shooloo. You really affected my character; the conversations & times spent made Marastron a bit funnier & more fun to play. You were overall very effective in all you tried, from playing defense/offense as well as running a cabal.

Geren: I can't believe you just vanished, I had finally figured out how to understand what the hell you were saying (at least generally). Seriously though, we worked really well together, and your departing was no fun at all.

Mibblic: You were confusing, I'm not certain if you were just crazy or what was going on. You did seem overall competent (in terms of knowledge) but could launch into some insanity which entropy could respect.

Mutsu: Marastron very much believed that you did all you could and tried hard; but you had (and this may be tied to your delay away) the propensity to do foolish things (see the things that Twist & I talked to you about. I do hope they help!). Still, its good to see/have regular folk about. You did guess right in that I primarily (almost exclusively) play from work, which does occasionally run into some risks but, it does make the day more interesting!

Twist/Daevryn/Rayihn: I think you all are around a decent amount and watch a lot. I did really only interact with Twist, and as he himself has commented, he isn't quite a perfect Nexus fit which can make for some fun & slightly tense conversations. Thanks for the time.

Others:

Bawgor/Gwarkul (Tribunal): We three spent a decent amount of adventuring time together, most of which was successful and good quality, really had some fun.

Battle: So many names and not much to say as really all we did was fight. I would say that for the most part you very much fit your role, competent and ready to attack. However, too many of you can hurl or in other ways cause silence. You really should stop that, or we poor invokers will just have to run away and cry . Seriously though, Vhoulvhang, Brinkmun, both some great fights there. Some of the others I didn't see as much, or more than a couple battles, but you two were running threads through my entire life past level 43. I think your cabal is benefited by having such quality and reliable leadership.

I think that sums up everything for now. Thanks for the fun!

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

Topic(AGE DEATH) [NEXUS] Marastron Talelse the Weaver of the... [View all] , Death_Angel, Fri 22-Jun-07 11:28 AM
Reply RE: (AGE DEATH) [NEXUS] Marastron Talelse the Weaver of..., Marastron (Guest), 25-Jun-07 09:27 AM #3
Reply dang there goes another guy always up for a fight, drovis (Guest), 25-Jun-07 10:36 AM, #4
Reply And another lovely gone., Zesam, 25-Jun-07 11:11 AM, #5
Reply Question for you., GinGa, 25-Jun-07 11:37 AM, #6
Reply RE: Question for you., Zesam, 25-Jun-07 01:27 PM, #9
     Reply That's awesome., Yhorian (Guest), 26-Jun-07 05:19 AM, #12
Reply RE: And another lovely gone., Dalteric, 25-Jun-07 11:46 AM, #7
Reply Marastron Talelse the Meter of Mind, Mutsu (Guest), 25-Jun-07 12:03 PM, #8
Reply a Solid Char all around, Vhloughvang (Guest), 25-Jun-07 01:44 PM, #10
Reply I knew you'd be leader some day..., Tsyda (Guest), 26-Jun-07 01:20 AM, #11
Reply Oh thank you god, for that entropy comment., MibblicKrilcov (Guest), 26-Jun-07 09:58 AM, #13
Reply RE: (AGE DEATH) [NEXUS] Marastron Talelse the Weaver of..., Verakh (Guest), 23-Jun-07 07:36 PM, #1
     Reply RE: (AGE DEATH) [NEXUS] Marastron Talelse the Weaver of..., Verakh (Guest), 23-Jun-07 07:37 PM, #2
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #59211 Previous topic | Next topic