Subject: "The Legacy is Over" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #53854
Show all folders

TiatanWed 03-Jan-07 12:05 PM
Member since 29th Oct 2006
118 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#53872, "The Legacy is Over"

And so ends the life of my first character on Carrion Fields. It was a very good life, and looking back, I do not have any regrets, well, except forgetting to update my role one last time, but the biography and poem ought to cover that.

This was my first character, so everything that happened was a first for me. I did have a couple of throw away characters that did not make it to level ten, but seeing as how I didn't do much with them, they hardly count. I have played other MUDs, though. It was mentioned to me that I should mention that I found this site through Top Mud Sites. I was tired of Iron Realms, and the description of the MUD appealed to me. Now that I'm here, I can't say I'm disappointed. I absolutely love the skill system and the diversity of classes. I have never seen anything quite like it. Only thing I can say I dislike is the way characters age, and not so much as the age as you play as much as the discrepancy between races. A human ages like one year every eight hours where as a half elf ages one in three. It makes writing with ages in mind much more difficult. Overall, though, I'm impressed, and I'll definitely keep playing.

Well, there isn't much this character didn't do. Playerkilling is the biggest. My next character will definitely have to be more violent. I may even try a couple cookie cutter characters. I'm not yet sure. He knew a lot of people, too, more than I'll ever remember. A huge part of who he was was interacting with people. It's where he got almost all of his power.

I wonder how many people had any idea who he was before reading his role in the PBF. He got to where he didn't care about hiding his past, sure, but I'm certain a lot of people had no idea about him. He was Chaotic Neutral, and I tried to play him like that for a while. I believe I succeeded, because I would often surprise myself and him, which is what it's all about, in my opinion. The entire reason I created him was to see if I could play a true Chaotic Neutral and see what all I could get away with. He changed a whole lot in his lifetime, so much so that I believe he was almost a true neutral in the end, with tendancies towards good, where they used to be towards evil, but I don't know for sure.

Anyways, I knew a lot of people, so I won't remember them all. If you respond, I will, too, but in the meantime, I'm going to say goodbye to the people that most influenced his life.

Seffar: We had some great interactions. You were definitely a large part of Tiatan's early life, and gave him a lot of his power, then. It was fun searching for that statue and talking about intrigue. I wish we'd been able to interact more, and I hope you're okay. I'm rather worried, having not heard from you at all. Thanks for the information and advice on the porcupine, as well. It helped a lot.

Malic: You are the reason I made it to Hero. You taught me more about shapeshifting, fighting, regearing, and other necessities than anyone else. Your friendship spiced up my life many times, and I had a great deal of trouble keeping it secret back when Tiatan actually cared about that. He didn't view you as a friend until you died. I'm not sure if you actually caught that. I did screw up his manipulations once, with you, big time, and I just knew it would turn you into an enemy, but I somehow managed to get out of it. He did view you as a friend, afterwards, though, and would sometimes speak of you fondly, even in front of the Fortress.

Meora: You got Tiatan through some pretty rough times. You were there for him when he was undergoing his transformation. I loved our debates, too. There isn't much Tiatan wouldn't have done for you. If Lin hadn't been involved, who knows what might have happened, but you were a very good friend. I'm glad your latest character is going so well. You rather forced the RP on me by getting Zaphie involved, but it was pretty fun, so I can't complain. I could tell it was you, though. You have a lot of tells. You should keep that in mind if you want to keep your identity secret. I did my very best to pretend I didn't know your characters. Tiatan actually despised Balim. The only reason he cared about him at all was because Zaphie did. Still, it was great. Thanks.

Zaphoedine: You were a pivital part of Tiatan's life. Because of you, he went from someone who cared nothing about anyone and merely wanted to see what he could get away with to someone with feelings, a conscience. It was a long, hard fight, though, but you were definitely the catalyst. I was really disappointed when you disappeared. I was rather hoping he would marry you, but oh well. Your reappearance certainly caused him a lot of trouble, and it took him a long time to work out his feelings for you. I'm glad he finally did, but I'm disappointed that he died before he could talk to you about them again. Keep your promise; we'll be watching.

Yasmeia: Another of Tiatan's loves, even though we rarely saw each other. I don't know how much impact you had on his life, but you certainly confused him. Zaphie was the catalyst, and you helped reel him in. He wanted to change for you. He wanted to be good. He was still very uncertain of many things, though. Sometimes he believed that you were just another manipulation, a way to have fun, but he really did love you. I'm glad he told you, even if he was still a bit confused, then. I will remember you fondly as my snuzzlemuffin.

Lyristeon: You were great, really, really great. Everything you did was gold, every interaction we had. Your actions were always very entertaining. Thanks for everything. Thank you for the tattoo; I wanted to keep it so badly, but its reception added a whole lot of excitement to his life. I wish he could have trusted you. Obviously, I know that there would have been nothing to fear, but his role dictated that he get it removed. Thank you very much for the title, too. It was hilarious, and I wore it proudly. I hope you enjoyed our interactions. Be sure to catch the story Tiatan wrote about you if Zaphie decides to recite it. It's completely fictatious but hopefully entertaining. He was trying to get back at you, in the end, prove to you that he couldn't be beaten. From the gechos at the end, I guess he won, but I don't guess that matters. I had a lot of fun with you. Thank you. Now that I understand your religion, I may have to role up another follower. Only time will tell.

Iunna: Well, I wasn't sure about joining the Heralds, and I guess you caught that. Tiatan's reasons for joining were mostly out of convenience, and mine were as well. He certainly changed a lot, though, and I'm not sure when he actually became a Herald, but I know for certain that he did. He despised you for a while. The interview left a very bitter taste in his mouth, and he was not afraid to tell people, either. After he became a Herald, though, he had a mixture of fear and dislike, followed by a secret admiration because of your wit and condescending attitude. He loved that about you. He finally did come to admire you after that talk, though, and I'm glad you thought so highly of him. He was never sure with you until then. He both wanted to appease you and wanted to defy you, but after that, he thought very fondly of you. Thank you for everything. I will never be able to tell all you gave me, but I can say it was wonderful, and I'm glad you did. Thank you so very much. You make me want to play another Herald. Also, I have about five more submissions for the Lyceum, at least one of which will take a little time. I have an IC explanation for it, though, so I hope you don't mind.

Rayihn: I so wish we could have interacted more. I wanted to talk to you about love and your religion. I quite enjoyed our interactions, though. I hope you did, as well. I dedicated a couple of poems to them, and you were the reason Tiatan feared for his soul, so you were definitely a huge part of his life. Thank you very much for the wedding, as well. I cannot think of a more fitting person to have performed it.

Corrlaan: We only had one interaction, to my knowledge, but it changed Tiatan's life. I had no idea how he was going to go about "securing his soul", but I liked the method you presented. I was actually expecting all of the "nicer" Gods to ignore him and was prepared to sell his and Tsyda's souls both, to some evil God, or undergo some ritual for it, but telling Tiatan to be someone against his very nature was great, though by this time, I don't really think it was against his nature, but it certainly did conflict. It made it very difficult to interact with the Scions, for one thing, and he felt guilty every time he helped the Empire. I would've liked to talk about his supposed failure there at the end, but these things happen, I suppose. I was happy to see that final gecho about your vouching for my soul. Tiatan would have guessed Iunna, really, after what she told him. Anyways, I hope to roll a follower of yours one day. Thank you.

Farigno: You reinforced a lot of what Corrlaan said; you were also a great source of information and interaction in the Demon quests. I loved your mistrust of me for my dealings with the Scions. It certainly drove him to strive to be more good, and it gave me more reason to keep up with the Corrlaan RP. I'm not sure I would have ever started praying to him if it wasn't for you, and then I wouldn't have gotten Syphillus. Can't have an Epic Love Story without Syphillus... Also, I'm not mad about the death. I cannot think of a better way to have died. With his final accomplishments achieved, everything in his life complete, and his wife by his side, Tiatan turned into a great Albatross, a form bestowed upon him by the Gods, and flew up into heaven. How can that not be a perfect death to a wonderful life? I thought so many times that I was going to die to some Rager in the Inn or some thief would steal an amulet and cause me to die that way. I was living on borrowed time, and I knew it. I'm glad it got to be in such a beautiful way and after such a great accomplishment. Also, do you know if those final echos for Tiatan's funeral will be posted somewhere? They were so pretty, I'd like to show them off, oh, and will there really be a grave in Galadon, or was that just for show?

The Poison Pen: You were the reason Tiatan was able to know so much, and thus help so much, about the Demon quest. I can't believe so few knew about what you were saying. I almost felt like I was the one taking on your role in game. If I had hoped to not be manipulative with Tiatan anymore, you are the reason I failed at that. I told so many Cabals so many things about the quest in order to get as many people involved as I could, but I tried to do it in such a way that they thought I was rooting for them. It felt good to get that final understanding of the Collector and to know that I was right all along. I hope you stick around.

Taelina: I'm glad you were part of the Village. You made it possible for me to keep in contact with the Village with the Demons. You gave me my final contact into Cabals and made Tiatan a true Herald, because of it. What more could a Herald want then to establish communication between warring factions, even if they didn't realize what was going on. I'm sorry I lied to you about who Tiatan really was, but it was in his blood. Besides, he started that story with Aramonk, and there is no way he was going to change it.

Finally, Tsyda: You -became- Tiatan's life, completely and utterly. There is no one that shaped him like you did. I know I've told you that before, but I'm telling it here for everyone to see. Before you, Tiatan was just some powerful, manipulative, almost evil and insane being. I don't think he would have become a true Herald if it wasn't for you. I know he certainly would have never had as many Immteractions with as many Immortals as he did. Many, many things can be attributed to you. I don't know what else to say. I've told you so much already, in and out of game. I hope characters of ours get a chance to interact again. Kick some Village butt for me, and thank you so very, very much.

I suppose a few group goodbyes won't hurt.

Immortals: Thank you for everything you gave me and this game. It would not be a very good game without you.

Fortress: We had some fun times, at first with my manipulating you, but later with my actually caring about you. I don't care what anyone says, there are some quality players here, and I may just check out the Cabal in the future.

Empire: You seemed pretty cool, but I was mostly just manipulating you. You helped me quite a bit, though, Draktel, and I appreciate that. I don't think he ever lied to you. He kept things from you, but he never lied. To the rest, it was fun being completely immune to you over the entire course of this character's life, except for that one fight with Valryn right before I age died.

Scions: Quality players. I enjoyed our back and forth. I was trying to manipulate you, you were trying to manipulate me. It was great. I'll definitely have to try to get in one day.

Nexus: There were some members that I really liked, and I do like the concept. Sometimes the game world really is imbalanced. I disliked a lot of you, though, but you never knew it, from what I could tell. It was fun arguing balance.

Heralds: Well, if you'll look at my PBF, you'll note I didn't Inn Sit, but you made the Inn Sitting fun. I wish there were more of you, though. The Inn needs you.

Village: I have mixed feelings about you. Some of you were really cool, but most I didn't care for. A few of you did have honor, but rushing into the Inn to kill and unshifted shifter you know is likely to be there, since he's a Herald, just isn't a very good thing to do, even if it's in the role. It was really bad after it got to the point where he couldn't shift at all. Fortunately, I thought to send out that missive stating my desire to no longer be a mage. It was a lie, by the way, but it bought me time, and that was its goal. I am very glad that I did not die to you, in the end.

I suppose that's all I can think of, right now. I will respond to whoever says goodbye, though. Don't think that because I didn't mention you that I didn't enjoy interacting with you. I just thought I'd keep this to the most pivital people.

"On ne fait pas de musique contre quelqu'un"

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

HOT Topic(AGE DEATH) [HERALD] Tiatan Qa Vansedien the Double-Cha... [View all] , Death_Angel, Wed 03-Jan-07 02:08 AM
Reply RE: (AGE DEATH) [HERALD] Tiatan Qa Vansedien the Double..., DaeDroug, 18-Jan-07 11:52 PM, #42
Reply RE: (AGE DEATH) [HERALD] Tiatan Qa Vansedien the Double..., Tiatan, 20-Jan-07 11:20 AM, #43
     Reply RE: (AGE DEATH) [HERALD] Tiatan Qa Vansedien the Double..., DaeDroug, 23-Jan-07 02:21 PM, #44
Reply Sad to see you go bro..., Geranim (Guest), 04-Jan-07 06:56 PM, #36
Reply RE: Sad to see you go bro..., Tiatan, 04-Jan-07 10:47 PM, #37
Reply You were a great herald. nt, Someone (Guest), 03-Jan-07 02:09 PM, #18
Reply I'll write my goodbye soon., Tiatan, 03-Jan-07 02:11 AM, #1
     Reply RE: I'll write my goodbye soon., Xoclibert (Guest), 03-Jan-07 03:00 AM, #2
     Reply RE: I'll write my goodbye soon., Tiatan, 03-Jan-07 12:21 PM, #12
     Reply NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!, Zaphoedine (Guest), 03-Jan-07 04:11 AM, #3
     Reply RE: NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!, Tiatan, 03-Jan-07 12:23 PM, #13
     Reply RE: I'll write my goodbye soon., Balim (Guest), 03-Jan-07 04:53 AM, #4
     Reply RE: I'll write my goodbye soon., Tiatan, 03-Jan-07 12:26 PM, #14
          Reply RE: I'll write my goodbye soon., Meora (Guest), 03-Jan-07 04:58 PM, #26
     Reply Damn, you're the anti-lightmage., Yhorian (Guest), 03-Jan-07 05:39 AM, #5
     Reply Heh. It's not like he could even use the albatross., ForsoothAnon (Guest), 03-Jan-07 11:03 AM, #7
     Reply RE: Heh. It's not like he could even use the albatross., Tiatan, 03-Jan-07 12:13 PM, #10
     Reply RE: Damn, you're the anti-lightmage., Tiatan, 03-Jan-07 12:19 PM, #11
     Reply Well done., Lightmaged (Guest), 03-Jan-07 10:05 AM, #6
     Reply RE: Well done., Tiatan, 03-Jan-07 12:30 PM, #15
     Reply Nice Character, Kastellyn, 03-Jan-07 11:19 AM, #8
     Reply RE: Nice Character, Tiatan, 03-Jan-07 12:33 PM, #16
     Reply The Legacy is Over, Tiatan, 03-Jan-07 12:05 PM #9
          Reply No mention of Tribunals at all! Doh!, Taqutin (Guest), 03-Jan-07 01:30 PM, #17
          Reply RE: No mention of Tribunals at all! Doh!, Tiatan, 03-Jan-07 04:34 PM, #22
          Reply Ouch, no goodbye? You will be missed n/t, Veressis (Guest), 03-Jan-07 04:13 PM, #19
          Reply RE: Ouch, no goodbye? You will be missed n/t, Tiatan, 03-Jan-07 04:37 PM, #23
               Reply RE: Ouch, no goodbye? You will be missed n/t, V (Guest), 03-Jan-07 06:48 PM, #28
          Reply Thanks for the talks., Soelanzin (Guest), 03-Jan-07 04:16 PM, #20
          Reply RE: Thanks for the talks., Tiatan, 03-Jan-07 04:39 PM, #24
          Reply RE: The Legacy is Over, Dravon Windgust (Guest), 03-Jan-07 04:18 PM, #21
          Reply RE: The Legacy is Over, Tiatan, 03-Jan-07 04:43 PM, #25
          Reply RE: The Legacy is Over, Balim (Guest), 03-Jan-07 05:10 PM, #27
          Reply Very Well Done, Tsyda (Guest), 03-Jan-07 08:02 PM, #29
          Reply Tiatans Funeral Echoes: In case you missed them., Tsyda (Guest), 03-Jan-07 08:22 PM, #30
          Reply RE: Very Well Done, Tiatan, 04-Jan-07 12:57 AM, #33
          Reply RE: The Legacy is Over, Farigno, 03-Jan-07 08:52 PM, #31
          Reply RE: The Legacy is Over, Tiatan, 04-Jan-07 01:04 AM, #34
          Reply RE: The Legacy is Over, Iunna, 03-Jan-07 11:32 PM, #32
          Reply RE: The Legacy is Over, Tiatan, 04-Jan-07 01:06 AM, #35
          Reply RE: The Legacy is Over, Delthyneo (Guest), 05-Jan-07 01:53 AM, #38
          Reply RE: The Legacy is Over, Tiatan, 05-Jan-07 11:34 AM, #39
          Reply Nice work, DurNominator, 05-Jan-07 12:43 PM, #40
               Reply RE: Nice work, Tiatan, 05-Jan-07 02:33 PM, #41
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #53854 Previous topic | Next topic