Subject: " Rage deleted, ya, but it was coming" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #47925
Show all folders

Braddock Burke (Guest)Thu 04-May-06 10:29 AM

#47925, " Rage deleted, ya, but it was coming"

I've played alot of Tribunals. A lot of Hero tribunals. I love playing Tribunals.

But, Braddock was the first hero tribunal I've had that was completely, totally, and sickeningly unable to solo kill the Spirit, even given hours and no opposition.

I had regeared to about a 50 damroll. Had a really nice set of maces and about the best polearm I know of.

I had over 70 gold worth of 100hp heal pills. stone skin, haste at the beginning at least, and fly.

And still, I couldn't hurt the thing enough before I was Wood Malisoned, trepidationed, thornhearted, spored, insected, spike-growthed, and entangled. I'd have to leave the tree to take care of the thornhearts and spores if I wanted to survive, and by the time I got back, the Spirit had healed and was back to perfect health.

Spending an hour on that, and using up all 70 gold worth of those pills and STILL not being able to, when my 3 other hero warrior tribbies had been able to solo it (two felars, and a cloud pole/axe), and my heroes of others classes had been able to solo it as well...

Well, That just really made me down on the character. Which made me really reckless in pk, and when gathering eq...and I ate like 7-10 deaths in two days. So I knew I was going to be deleting soon, because I firmly believe this is a game, and if it stops being fun, stop playing that character.

Heh. And there was another thing. In the past, I've always been a firm believer in "to the victor, go the spoils". If you win a pk, and want to full loot, that's your right and perogative. I never really minded getting full looted, and I never minded doing it to others either.

But then, for the most of this char's existence, the Spire leadership, and many of the outlanders, believed in giving EVERYTHING back, minus one or two things. I started to really like that. Alot. maybe I got lazy the few times I died and got most of my things back, but when one or two outlanders started to full loot. I just couldn't take it anymore. I couldn't STAND regearing from nothing, where with almost all of my previous character I hadn't minded it one bit.

So I was out and about, regearing slowly, recovering from 3-4 deaths to a certain outlander, thinking to myself when I was going to just throw in the towel and deleted...when that same outlander finds me, I word into another outlander waiting at my recall, I escape into the Spire, they break in and kill me, taking everything. Well. I just shruged to myself and said "I guess they answered that question for me" And deleted. It wasn't fun anymore.

Loved maces. Kinda bleh about poles with this storm giant. Probably the difference between the cloud pole with Trapping, with which I loved the pole, and a weaker giant without trapping.

Maelstrom of the veils + tribunal = overpowered. heh. At least, it could be in the right hands. That wasn't me this time. For some reason, this warrior just sucked compared to most of my last attempts.

I made a few friends. Braddock was usually easy-going, liking to "go with the flow" as dictated by the Water way philosophy he preached to anyone who would listen.

until two Fortressites he thought of as friends Lied to him (at least in his mind, they lied to him). After that, he wasn't going to trust a Fortressite farther than he could kick Drokalanatym. And that made him really angry with those former friends, and very sad for the loss of potential allies.

Ferrsaan. you were the man. Now that I noticed you are gone, I can say that I'm convinced you were Kasdenn. We were friends back then, too, and I really did learn alot about warrior prepping from Kasdenn, although with Braddock I tried to play differently (not knowing some areas, not knowing some preps, etc.) as I myself thought I was in somewhat of a rut that would be obvious to anyone who cared enough to notice (not that I thought anyone would care enough, heh) you are a beast with warriors. This time, though, You just about SPOILED me. I have never been good at ranking fast, and you brought me up to hero WAY faster than I thought I could accomplish. Thank you for that. Hehe. Now I'll never be able to enjoy my normal 200-hour-to-hero pace.

This char was the first char that I've had in a LONG time that has actually enjoyed giving interviews to perspective applicants. I think it was because I went about it differently this time.

Instead of Testing only, Braddock would have considered it a failure on his part, if he could not teach an applicant enough during the interview so that he could give the recommendation.

I liked that, actually.

Wow. I rambled. willing to bet noone read this far.
Hah! I could say ANYTHING and noone would know! THE POWER!

BOOOOGADY BOOGADY! Nepenthe stinks of rotten fish guts! HA! I will get away with it!!!!!!HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

cough...

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

Topic Rage deleted, ya, but it was coming [View all] , Braddock Burke (Guest), Thu 04-May-06 10:29 AM
Reply RE: Rage deleted, ya, but it was coming, Aieralyn (Guest), 04-May-06 06:29 PM, #7
Reply RE: Rage deleted, ya, but it was coming, Caroolth (Guest), 04-May-06 01:25 PM, #5
Reply RE: Rage deleted, ya, but it was coming, Fer aka Kas (Guest), 04-May-06 07:43 AM, #4
Reply RE: Rage deleted, ya, but it was coming, nepenthe, 04-May-06 07:01 AM, #3
Reply Ya., Brad (Guest), 04-May-06 02:23 PM, #6
Reply That incident, Kavan (Guest), 04-May-06 02:24 AM, #1
     Reply please, let me clear up, Brad (Guest), 04-May-06 04:08 AM, #2
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #47925 Previous topic | Next topic