Subject: "Seriously though, I really enjoyed everything." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #43130
Show all folders

Kruuank (Guest)Thu 24-Nov-05 08:02 PM

#43145, "Seriously though, I really enjoyed everything."

Well, it was fun.

First off, this actually was my second character. Props go out to Jaegran for the interactions with my bard, Ffladaur. I had left a previous MUD after playing for about three years, and while I won't go into details, I left pissed off. I came to CF because I knew a couple of people from high school who had/still played here, and thought, what the hell. Let me say that this is the best PK MUD I have ever played, first of all, thanks to the Immortals for creating/maintaining a faboulous game.

I rolled Kruuank basically to learn the nuances of PK in the CF environment. I think I have a pretty good idea of what it takes to be successful at PK, not saying a PK god, just saying successful. I totally did not expect to hero this character. In fact, in my three years of playing MUDs, this is both my first con-death and first hero (I had gotten two characters on my previous MUD to one or two ranks of it). I was impressed first with the ease in rolling. Great thing, that is. Next, I was impressed with the consistant level of roleplay I received. Maybe that was due to most knowing I was a newbie, I don't know. I was also very impressed with the amount of areas Carrion Fields has. That had been a problem on the previous game, as there were usually only two or three places to rank, which really sucked. Finally, even though I was a dumb giant, I was thoroughly happy with my skills. Important ones went up mainly from ranking, and others from the many, many PKs I got myself into. Kudos Immortals.

Man o man did I want to delete this character. So many times after I died stupidly (my role was that I was dumb, basically, but I'd say only 10% of the dumb crap I did IC was actually role-related. MUDing under the influence of smoke and having a very beautiful girlfriend led to some truly 'gut-punch' moments. Two really stand out, in my mind. The First was at the Tara'bal when I was killed by my Imperial groupmates, because for some reason I thought my assassin ally was the assassin I was trying to kill. That was mostly the fault of me conversing the whole trip there with my girlfriend, who was pissed off that I didn't go to bed with her. Second was dying at the Nightwalker, though goddammit, someone could have recall'd me. That bit of cheese was mind-numbingly brought on by me being a dumb ass and for some unexplicable reason thinking 'I wonder if I can rescue someone out of PK'. Yeah. So while my character was dumb, and some of the crazy/stupid stuff I did was in the name of roleplay, sadly, most of it was me being a dumbass. On to the Goodbyes.

FORTRESS

Meagara - I have been reading these and Dio's boards for a long time now, since even before I started mudding. Killing you, knowing (speculatively) who you are is probably the most thrilling thing I have ever done. Really thought you were a cool character and it was a shame we only fought those three times.

Ulothrye - Like I said. Best enemy I have had in three years playing. I was a slave (my role), so the shovel comment came at time that caused him to remember being a slave. That's why I got so angry, and tried to kill you at any moment. You were an absolute beast when you were geared properly.

Hrugald - I hated/loved you. You represented the continuation of a character from my role, and I was always trying to kill you yet win your praise. We fought all throughout the ranks, and I'm glad to say, you made me choose Calming (which I'm not even sure helped...). Felt like I lost a good friend when you deleted.

Kalus - Man, did you ever get it as bad as me sometimes. Said what I wanted to in your graveyard.

Krazen - A shame we didn't fight more. I sensed facets of your roleplay at times, but towards the end it was just the fighting. Keep at it.

Bligduum - Bliggy! My man. I wanted my last death to be to either you or Alriac, but alas, it was not to be. My favorite lil dwarf punching bag, I'm glad I got to kill you solo at least once. To often, I found myself in groups PKing, when, believe it or not, I'm usually a solo type guy. I will be waiting for you here. Congrats on your title.

Alriac - Wow. Wow. Yeah, getting lagged for about thirty rounds kind of sucks, but at least we got some titles out of it! Heh, you were a beast, and I knew your legacies but still for some reason thought you couldn't lag me that well. I was wrong. Good luck with your Maran.

Breallye - Best roleplayed character in the Fort right now, maybe in the MUD. Was very impressed that time you worded me at the Tara'bal. Perhaps it was amends for gating to Alriac that one time in Galadon? Good job, try to immort with this character (if that's your cup of tea), think you would be great for the job.

Xilla - Mixed bag. Don't know your role, so let's just say Kruuank hated you. You did real well though, sticking it out through some of the horrendous ganks on you, so kudos for that.

Kelayna - Same as Xilla. Will say more when you delete. I hope you took to heart the last things I told you.

Hirken - Good luck. Try not to be Kelayna's dotting puppy, however.

And finally, the bastard who took at least three con from me, Feichin - Man, we had some battles. It's funny, the fights you would win, you crushed me. But if I landed a boneshatter and a whirl, you were in trouble. I don't understand why you don't have a title and I did, but who am I to complain. Well done.

I noticed that the Fort was in power for roughly 80% of the time I was logged on. Not saying that that was a bad thing.

BATTLE

Dolza - Man did I hate you in character but respected the hell out of you out of character. Both times we fought it was quick and brutal, shame I could never fight you with you not having the head or me more prepped. That last time you got me, was my second to last death.

Iasolar - Sorry about the ganking.

Surthurr - Hated you. IC of course.

I want to roll up a rager, because I never see any of you.

TRIBUNAL

Kaazra - Said what I wanted to in your goodbye. I really did want to delete after that death there.

Falun - We had a very interesting relationship. I'll have you know that every character of mine for the last three years has hated law characters. Every single one. You almost made me rethink that, but I still hate you bastards That time in Voralian...well, contrary to what Salvator thinks, I thought you handled it perfectly. Good luck, you badass.

Volicitry - I never wanted to kill you, and ended up getting you once and almost killing you again. Well played, good luck.

I still hate law cabals.

EMPIRE

Ornargra - First imperial ally. Thanks for the ranking, the role-play, thanks for PKin me (DOH!). Good luck on your recovery.

Ahtathurn - From best ally to worst nightmare. So scary. Well played, and know that I'm not mad about the last death. Thanks for the ranking, and regearing me all those times.

For a while there, I almost took the oath. I still think my neutral ethos would have hurt that, and I never saw imperials on towards the latter half of this character's life. I only participated on raids of the Palace twice, once after Ahtathurn attacked me in the Fort. Still, you guys seemed strong, even with Yag being your empereor for a while (Hi Yag, The Bull said whutup).

OUTLANDER

Phaxhedea - My lowbie nemesis. Said what I wanted to in your goodbye. Good luck on whatever your playing now, alright?

Orpiato - The man who once tried to show me something. I really wish you hadn't deleted. Oh well, thanks for ranking me, your RP was always intertaining. Good luck on your next.

Tac - Was nice smashing with you that one time.

I liked OUTLANDERS. If I could stand not using coins, I'd probably roll one.

SCIONS Which everyone thought I was...

Gralez - I loved you. We seriously caused some havoc at the low ranks for a while. Sorry if I got us killed, but I kind of figured we wouldn't have a shortage of PK opportunities. BTW, what was your con when you deleted? I could have really used someone like you later on in my life.

Xunyenvun, Kargthar - First generation of SCIONS that I was allied with. What the hell happened to you two? Liked travelling with you both.

Razmorthin - The second person I owed. Thanks for the trips, the regears, the exploration, the PKs. Thanks period. Sorry about all the times I logged out quickly without explanation. That's mostly my girlfriend exerting the power of womanhood over me. I am glad you have a title, next they just need to make you Chancellor.

Chakru - My best friend. Ah, the joys of a healer being on at the same time as you. Good luck, and well played.

Gondrak - Was fun the few times we rolled around, but god damn, did I not understand a word you said.

Most of the reason people thought I was a SCION was because I rolled around with Chakru and Razmorthin a lot. I mean, a lot. But that's mostly because when I logged on, there was usually at least 4 fort in range, at least one of them a healer, usually a couple goodie tribs and Outlanders, a couple ragers who wanted to kill me, and a bunch of gnomes that only talked to me if I initiated (and that was intentionally rare). I had fun, and while some of you wanted me to attempt to join, both Kruuank and I knew I wasn't exactly true SCION material.

UNCABAL'd

Khobedi - I love you. I still remember'd that debt, and probably would have aided you if it came down to you or Raz. You are the only person I can say that about. Your badass, try not to lose heart over Kasdenn (Kasdenn, if you're reading this, why DID you attack me in the Fort?).

Mizzarah - Awesome, simply awesome. As good as I thought Khobedi was, you were simply inspirational. Thanks for letting me share a little bit of your roleplay. Nice short description!

Crullen - My true best friend. We laughed, we fought, we died, we slew. It was a great ride, thanks for showing me where the midnight dragon was, and thanks for the *hint hint* about that berry. Hope some of the knowledge I gave you helped, as well as some of the things I gave you. I'm so happy for you, with your title and tattoo, and hopefully, you'll accomplice even more.

Basteley - Thanks for the ranking. Where have you been?

Lunata - Thanks for the ranking. Where have you been?

Kegoni - Thanks for everything. Where have you been?

Sorry if I forgot anyone, I'm damn near in food coma from the turkey. The K-Man wishes everyone a safe thanksgiving, and thanks for CF.

Seacrest.........OUT!

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

HOT Topic(CON LOSS) [None] Kruuank the Motherless Brute [View all] , Death_Angel, Thu 24-Nov-05 12:40 PM
Reply RE: (CON LOSS) [None] Kruuank the Motherless Brute, Dulmisa (Guest), 26-Nov-05 03:50 AM, #18
Reply I have nothing left to prove - Drucyrus NT, Kruuank (Guest), 24-Nov-05 08:02 PM, #4
Reply Seriously though, I really enjoyed everything., Kruuank (Guest), 24-Nov-05 08:02 PM #5
     Reply PS Sculptor, you were the shiznizzle. Thanks for the t..., Kruuank (Guest), 24-Nov-05 08:05 PM, #6
     Reply I can't believe I forgot Harkan. Thanks alot man., Kruuank (Guest), 24-Nov-05 08:08 PM, #7
     Reply Regarding your death to Nightwalker, Razmorthin (Guest), 24-Nov-05 11:38 PM, #9
     Reply A bloody good run, Bliggy (Guest), 25-Nov-05 12:08 AM, #10
     Reply aww.. you're dead!, Falun (Guest), 25-Nov-05 12:50 AM, #11
     Reply You were well played., Dolza (Guest), 25-Nov-05 01:27 AM, #12
     Reply The reason I hated you (IC of course)..., Kruuank (Guest), 25-Nov-05 07:45 PM, #16
     Reply *clap*, Crullen (Guest), 25-Nov-05 05:19 AM, #13
     Reply Yeh, Faltarn (Guest), 25-Nov-05 07:59 AM, #14
     Reply Don't worry about it...., Kruuank (Guest), 25-Nov-05 07:48 PM, #17
     Reply You were awesome., Tac, 25-Nov-05 09:44 AM, #15
     Reply Man oh man txt (Gralez's Post, too lazy to logout), shamanman, 29-Nov-05 04:55 PM, #19
     Reply my role is my life..., Kegoni (Guest), 29-Nov-05 11:32 PM, #20
     Reply Outlander, Phaxhedea (Guest), 01-Dec-05 05:47 PM, #21
Reply Never been so sad to see an enemy go., Feichin (Guest), 24-Nov-05 07:44 PM, #3
Reply Well done Kruuank, Harkan (Guest), 24-Nov-05 09:41 PM, #8
Reply Post a goodbye you big doofus! nt, Icthaen (Guest), 24-Nov-05 04:46 PM, #2
Reply Boo!, ArzzrasPlayer (Guest), 24-Nov-05 12:43 PM, #1
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #43130 Previous topic | Next topic