Subject: "[RAGE DELETE] Tuggluk Stonecutter the Legend of the Battlefield" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #36350
Show all folders

Undead_Irish (Guest)Mon 28-Mar-05 12:45 AM

#36350, "[RAGE DELETE] Tuggluk Stonecutter the Legend of the Battlefield"

Hrm, I don't really know where to begin this. I imagine I will forget many along my way of goodbyes, so do speak up. But regardless, this was my second rager and first character to level 51.

Tuggluk was my first attempt at a berserker. He was meant to be a jovial dwarf, who slowly, with the help of Ordasen, became bloodthristy. I made a point to greet immortals whenever they were visible, as a sign of rager respect. I most likely annoyed them however, when I thought about it, but Tuggluk was too stupid to see otherwise. Although I think I did well, I often think too high of myself, so other opinions are highly welcomed.

Anyway, Axe is always a good spec, and this was my first time with mace. Together they make one hell of a combo.

As for legacies, I took Fist of the Titan, and Incarnadine Wave. Although Fist of the Titan is nice, I found it amusing how much the RNG screwed me. On fights where I didn't care of Fist worked, it always did. But when I was getting ganged, it always failed, making laugh as I sat at the keyboard ready to head back to my corpse.

Now that I can officially speak out of character, I feel kinda sorry about killing some mages as often as I did. I tried to make a point not to kill people more than once per sign on. Multikilling is for the bastards that should either deal with their personal issues, or venture to another MUD. I'm sorry for the amount of con I had to take, because i know how frustrating it can be to encounter a rager in younger years - they are extemely powerful, especially one with pincer and deathblow. Alone those two do most of the work.

So where did the breaking point begin? I think a week after the Rites ended. Cumulating with this past weekend, I died I think seven times in two days, four of those deaths defending the Village. But that's not what really bothered me. Lately I have desired to go and try someting else other than a Battlerager, even though I know I will always come back. To put it simply, barbaric ideals and warriors are my finesse of all games, so it reflects itself in this one. So I will spend a few characters outside of Ragers, to return shortly after I imagine.

But anyway, I am going to make an arguement that many people will hate. And that is for some sort of looking at the Ragers powers, and things like that. Short of being a giant-flurry, which no offensive to those who play that, it is hard to be deathful. At hero levels, 90% of the people are competant, and understand that prepping compensates for player skill. Any person properly prepared will have a hard time losing, other than being gangged into an oblivion. Ragers get resist and spellbane, as a general power. I agree with both. But in some way resist should compare to level, if it doesn't already. It seems to be a bit too powerful at lower levels, and a bit too underpowered at high levels, where high damage is almost guarenteed with an ok set. Regardless, as for deathblow, I have mixed opinions. I agree that this should exist, but perhaps lessen the damage and up the frequency. Although seeing consistent UNSPEAKS is splendid, that damage I see as sacred, and not something to get used to, like I was. I would like to see it prog more often, if not be harder to parry, since it is a deadly blow, but for less damage. Overpowered is not the word to use for it, because it really isnt.

But I have ventured from the true meaning of goodbye posts, talking of the character and those they met. Tuggluk was sphere Courage, and I tried to show courage whereever I could, even if sometimes it was stupidity. He followed Ordasen, and loved the Great Bear. He enjoyed all the brethren around him, and his enemies. There has been no respect recently amongst gamers, with the incessent need to put another down. So in an effort to change this, Tuggluk was friendly, laughing whether he was victorious or defeated. But this was one of my breaking points. Not many people ball up and fight four people at once. But the more people there are, the more a chance there is of a full loot. And we all hate that feeling, especially those that are gear dependant. And I agree, it should be used as role reasons, it weakens morale and things like that. But when people do that just to spite you, is it really that much fun? But he was friendly to all, because short of roleplaying an ogre or an asshole, I don't see why manners cannot be used. So I hope all got to see the happy, jovial dwarf that was Tuggluk.

I imagine it is time for Goodbyes. These come in no particular order, but just as I can remember. Thank you all, you made Tuggluk an awesome memory.

IMMORTALS

To Ordasen- Thank you. There are not enough words in the english language to show you my gratitude for what you did. You were willing to take someone who had a horrible pk stat at the beginning and support him as he grew. After Karashin, there was a need in me to have immortals interaction. You provided it perfectly. Although I did not see you much near the end of my life, I knew you were most likely there. I know at one point you had mentioned a reward for my showing in the Rites. Give it to someone more deserving, because I was turning into one crappy warrior.

To all the divines- Thank you so much. You made Tuggluk splendid as well. You all could have easily shrugged me off, or just told me to no longer greet you, but you all were willing to put up with the goof that was Tuggluk. Well, as the player, I thank you greatly.

BATTLE

Holy crap, where to begin.

Gerylanst- Ah, mah Commander der. Seriously, you got my vote as Commander for a good reason. You are a veteran of this game, and it shows. Some of my best memories were signing on and venturing the realms, searching for equipment. You were great fun to roleplay with. Keep it up, you are one hell of a player.

Vershelt- By no means take offense to my comment above. It was an extremely hard decision. But I think it to be harder to take a bard and do well than to take a giant sword spec and do well. But regardless, you do awesome as well. You deserve Drillmaster, and you roleplay Vershelt nicely. Dwarfman loved you greatly.

Kjelror- You were fun. Always having a Har ready for anyone that signed on. I know you were a little bit dissapointed at not getting some sort of leadership, but I imagine it has to do with area knowledge. Learn some of the high level equipment areas, it will help greatly! Don't let everyone lead you around, explore on your own. Well done.

Draxidar- Saw you a few times, and liked what I saw. Good luck with your future endevors

Ghrulkar- Didn't get to see much of you due to that extended abscence, but when I did see you, you did just fine. Keep up the good work.

I know I forgot a lot of you, so speak up. I'm just kinda tired at the moment.

FORTRESS

I don't know if it was because I was a dwarf, but you were all very nice to Tuggluk. And I know he was grateful for it.

Zak- I can't spell the rest of your name. But anyway, enjoyed our duels, too bad I never got to gut you Keep up the good work. And i'll see you in fields soon enough.

Azi- I never understood those tomes. But anything given to Tuggluk that was magical was sent to the gods immediately. So he was confused, yet thankful he was riding Thera of magick.

Cyth- Awesome elf healer. Enjoyed our time together, thanks for the good times.

Martainn- Learn to hide more! I could always see you, and I was like...be more sneaky! But anyway, the updates were extremely welcomed, and you did a great job. Keep doing it.

Halhaer- Ah the lovely ranking bard who became Tuggluk's friend oh so quickly. At one point I contemplated roleplaying Tuggluk to having an infactuation with you, and add a romantic side to a dwarven barbarian. But I broke before that. Oh well. Keep singing!

I'm sure I forgot some here as well. You know what. I forgot some everywhere. So just expect it. Heh.

SCIONS

Mixed emotions. I have no respect for people who won't fight alone, yet I know it's hard to take a rager one without extensive prepping or more than one person. But seriously, short of raiding, learn to do your own thing. Like Judaao or Karaw, who seemed to do that just fine.

Judaao- I remember killing you and getting that necklace from Ordasen. One of Tuggluk's highlights. It was fun to interact with you and it seemed you knew what you were doing. Good luck, I see nice things in your future.

Karaw- Never really got to interact with you. But you were a competant invoker. Too bad you don't really show without scions friends around. But that is the scions rep, so I imagine its fine.

Anubris- Savor those soul charges! That is all you will get from Tuggluk. Heh, seriously, good luck in the future, a-ps are hard.

Ounlee- At least someone was there when I went goodbye. Keep those gauntlets as a momento of the fallen dwarf, whose spirit you help break. You pissed me off so much to stand there and do nothing but trip spam. Cheapshot is hell. But that is the way of the thief, so I imagine you do it perfectly. Keep it up Copperbottom. I can't wait to use flying potions again.

TRIBUNAL

Hrm, nothing really seems to stand out hear. Mostly because I am tired. But to all the chaos I caused, get over it. Any cabal that has a full loot command needs a serious revamp. Order all get all corpse is complete b.s. OH! Noooowww I remember!

Brumbalin- You have some of the best roleplay I have ever seen. And the IMMs see it was well. Keep up the great work, you honest dwarf. A splendid character that is still young.

EMPIRE

Tirnath- I don't know why you felt guilty about looting me. I, nor Tuggluk, really minded, because when I die, I expect Empire to full loot me. You guys are evil bastards like that. The thing that pissed me off is how willing you were to grab others to make sure you didn't come close to dying. Learn to fight on your own! But you did well, good job.

The Emperor- Yeah, you do well, because I can tell you know your crap. Then again, with all the cabal powers you harvest, it doesn't take tooooo much effort. But I know you put in that required effort, because you do so well. Keep up the good work.

High Priestess- Had fun and enjoyed our talks. Get to level 51 already, you've been close for quite some time. Good luck!

Nobody else comes to mind, but speak up if needed.

UNCABALLED

Grixlin- You were the perfect example of things that made me break. It brought me joy in the young days to kill you. It helped me roleplay and I never really took anything, so all it was to you was a few moments of not being able to be pked. But because of my interactions and killing you while you were young, you teleported away from me whenever I was on the where command. That pissed Tuggluk and myself of incredibly, because that is the height of Cowardice. You are an invoker, one the beastly classes at 51. Learn to use it, it will come in handy.

Zolyra- Another mage to suffer quite a few deaths. You seem knew to game, so keep going. You may not know it, but you have been blessed with some SPLENDID forms. Learn to use them and become deathful.

Well, I think that does it for goodbyes. Like I said, I am exhausted now. So speak up if I forgot.

This deletion was combination of frustration with the game and frustration in my life. I won't go into detail, but some information was recently given to me that was devastating to my spirit, and I need some time to make some major life choices. And I cannot do that when I sign on to MUD, my release from reality, only to have my spirit crushed further. When a character has gained a rep for being tough, it adds some fun. When that rep turns into people that will either duel you and flee or fight you in large numbers or highly prepped, its annoying.

I guess next time I need to slide under the radar, killing without drawing attention. And I need to take a break from ragers. The combination of knowledge I got from my last two characters, I think I can do well as something else. We will see, now won't we?

Tuggluk Stonecutter, signing out.
Undead_Irish, changing identies.

The recently departed: Tuggluk, Karashin, Zukir.

Good luck in the fields everyone, and have some fargin' fun!

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

HOT Topic[RAGE DELETE] Tuggluk Stonecutter the Legend of the Bat... [View all] , Undead_Irish (Guest), Mon 28-Mar-05 12:45 AM
Reply seems I was forgotten, Grarruk (Guest), 29-Mar-05 06:13 PM, #53
Reply Bah, foolish me., Undead_Irish (Guest), 29-Mar-05 08:46 PM, #54
Reply Always liked Tugg. -nt, Nimelerion (Guest), 29-Mar-05 05:17 AM, #49
Reply No reply for me?? =(, Tolchec (Guest), 29-Mar-05 04:19 AM, #48
Reply Well of course!, Undead_Irish (Guest), 29-Mar-05 10:47 AM, #52
Reply Lousy forgetful dwarves!, Reggie (Guest), 28-Mar-05 11:37 PM, #45
Reply Yeah, I forgot all Outlanders..., Undead_Irish (Guest), 29-Mar-05 12:26 AM, #46
Reply Good Job, Draxidar (Guest), 29-Mar-05 04:08 AM, #47
Reply Forgot me!, The Dread Lord (Guest), 28-Mar-05 09:03 PM, #44
Reply Well done., Zakarius (Guest), 28-Mar-05 08:48 PM, #42
Reply Har!, Undead_Irish (Guest), 28-Mar-05 08:57 PM, #43
Reply RE: [RAGE DELETE] Tuggluk Stonecutter the Legend of the..., Lycandraev (Guest), 28-Mar-05 07:53 PM, #37
Reply Heh., Undead_Irish (Guest), 28-Mar-05 08:05 PM, #40
Reply Well Tugg..., Grixlin (Guest), 28-Mar-05 07:41 PM, #36
Reply Oh, well..., Undead_Irish (Guest), 28-Mar-05 08:02 PM, #39
Reply Man, the few times we fought you leveled me. n/t, Calrohir (Guest), 28-Mar-05 07:37 PM, #35
Reply Yeah.., Undead_Irish (Guest), 28-Mar-05 07:58 PM, #38
Reply Aww, heck., Lyristeon, 28-Mar-05 05:20 PM, #32
Reply Bah., Undead_Irish (Guest), 28-Mar-05 07:36 PM, #34
Reply Take oath, Nabburak (Guest), 28-Mar-05 05:13 PM, #31
Reply Bah!, Vershelt (Guest), 28-Mar-05 05:58 PM, #33
Reply To be more in depth..., Undead_Irish (Guest), 28-Mar-05 08:07 PM, #41
     Reply charges, Tirnath (Guest), 29-Mar-05 10:11 AM, #51
Reply Miss ya man, Kjelror (Guest), 28-Mar-05 02:29 PM, #29
Reply Heh., Undead_Irish (Guest), 28-Mar-05 02:37 PM, #30
Reply Har! Bloody! n/t, Brumbalin (Guest), 28-Mar-05 02:29 PM, #28
Reply RE: [RAGE DELETE] Tuggluk Stonecutter the Legend of the..., Vershelt (Guest), 28-Mar-05 01:42 PM, #26
Reply Heh, about Dern..., Undead_Irish (Guest), 28-Mar-05 02:08 PM, #27
Reply RE: [RAGE DELETE] Tuggluk Stonecutter the Legend of the..., Giantman, 28-Mar-05 12:38 PM, #22
Reply Oh! That reminds me!, Undead_Irish (Guest), 28-Mar-05 12:46 PM, #24
     Reply RE: Oh! That reminds me!, Giantman, 28-Mar-05 01:37 PM, #25
Reply Well played, Onirakoth, 28-Mar-05 12:34 PM, #21
Reply Oni!, Undead_Irish (Guest), 28-Mar-05 12:44 PM, #23
Reply No mention of any outlander!, Kallor (Guest), 28-Mar-05 10:51 AM, #19
Reply Awww damnit, Undead_Irish (Guest), 28-Mar-05 10:56 AM, #20
Reply RE: [RAGE DELETE] Tuggluk Stonecutter the Legend of the..., Cytherea (Guest), 28-Mar-05 10:22 AM, #16
Reply Heh., Undead_Irish (Guest), 28-Mar-05 10:32 AM, #18
Reply RE: [RAGE DELETE] Tuggluk Stonecutter the Legend of the..., Zolyra (Guest), 28-Mar-05 10:10 AM, #15
Reply All the better!, Undead_Irish (Guest), 28-Mar-05 10:30 AM, #17
Reply RE: [RAGE DELETE] Tuggluk Stonecutter the Legend of the..., Aarn, 28-Mar-05 09:33 AM, #7
Reply Ha!, Undead_Irish (Guest), 28-Mar-05 10:08 AM, #14
Reply YAR, ordasen, 28-Mar-05 09:31 AM, #6
Reply Great Bear!, Undead_Irish (Guest), 28-Mar-05 10:06 AM, #13
Reply Nicely played., nepenthe, 28-Mar-05 08:03 AM, #5
Reply Har!, Undead_Irish (Guest), 28-Mar-05 10:00 AM, #12
Reply Good luck, Zheairth (Guest), 28-Mar-05 06:57 AM, #4
Reply Well...., Tuggluk (Guest), 28-Mar-05 09:59 AM, #11
Reply RE: [RAGE DELETE] Tuggluk Stonecutter the Legend of the..., Judaao (Guest), 28-Mar-05 03:32 AM, #3
Reply Heh...., Undead_Irish (Guest), 28-Mar-05 09:56 AM, #10
Reply RE: [RAGE DELETE] Tuggluk Stonecutter the Legend of the..., Rom (Guest), 28-Mar-05 02:30 AM, #2
Reply You made a good point..., Tuggluk (Guest), 28-Mar-05 09:54 AM, #9
     Reply Per Ordasen's previous posts:, Rom (Guest), 29-Mar-05 06:50 AM, #50
Reply Oh dear!, Halhaer (Guest), 28-Mar-05 02:02 AM, #1
     Reply RE: Oh dear!, Undead_Irish (Guest), 28-Mar-05 09:52 AM, #8
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #36350 Previous topic | Next topic