Subject: "Farewells:" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #33597
Show all folders

Waeldyn (Guest)Tue 28-Dec-04 06:56 PM

#33600, "Farewells:"

I waited a week to see if my desire to delete and play something else would be short lived. Not sure why I don’t want to play Waeldyn anymore, but I think its mainly a combination of my own constant mistakes in PKs coupled with a lack of quality RP. I also really missed interacting with Khasotholas.

I’m going to take this opportunity to digress quickly on a subject that, I feel, affected this character. Some years ago my characters all made “friends” (using the term loosely) with cabalmates and reoccurring groupmates. Now I think a lot of those relationships are lost because people don’t interact character to character any longer. Most people form groups on AIM, and I myself have been known to do it from time to time. The problem with this, in my opinion, is that a lot of the fun leaves RP when you know the person your RPing with. As a result I think fewer characters get fleshed out, and so the opportunity for in depth RP with a variety characters dwindles.

Newbies are the hope of the future, untainted by the bitterness of veterans. Be helpful to them, as that will ensure the future quality of our mud.

Farewells:

Brelinak: Sorry you died around me, man. I have a balls to the wall playstyle that always has a tendency to negatively affect groupmates You were this characters closest thing to a friend.

Grurk: I truly appreciate your attention to the cabal, and all the immteraction you gave me. If I could humbly offer some constructive criticism, I think that maybe you’re a little too involved. You promoted me a couple times without an interaction when the Emperor could have just as easily done so, as well I thought we heard from you a little too often for it to be special and rare.

Ceikelak: I loved having you around, always made me breathe easier because people act like they are supposed to, and I had someone to hunt with. Again, if I could offer some constructive criticism I’ day you are WAY WAY WAY too nice. I remember as a newb seeing you lead around blades telling them where to get donations, and you defiantly don’t anathema as often as I think you should. The Emperor isn’t there to help the citizens, he’s there to rule over them. I’m damn sure in real life you’re a nice guy, and while I’d love to go have a beer with you, I don’t think you’re a very good evil emperor.

Norkibjorden: You are the ####ing man, dude. No matter how many times you get beat down, you stay positive and keep coming back. I really felt bad killing you towards the end, because I identify with you very well. I wish I had a log of a quick talk I had with Tjok after killing you. I said something like: “I may rend his flesh, but no one will break that ones spirit.” Feel free to email or AIM me. Norkie!!

Jaeiin: Good talks, good fights. Keep up the good work.

Couple past chars you might remember:
Warborf
Maemar
Wuntarro
Jaegrudai
Dutaelmian

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

Topic(DELETED) [EMPIRE] Waeldyn the Avatar, Imperial High Pr... [View all] , Death_Angel, Tue 28-Dec-04 06:40 PM
Reply awww =/, Thaen (Guest), 29-Dec-04 11:29 AM, #12
Reply heh, Ceiek (Guest), 28-Dec-04 08:16 PM, #9
Reply My email and AIM, Waeldyn (Guest), 28-Dec-04 07:40 PM, #7
Reply RE: My email and AIM, Just wondering (Guest), 28-Dec-04 07:44 PM, #8
Reply Yea, I'm an idiot., Waeldyn (Guest), 28-Dec-04 09:47 PM, #11
Reply Farewells:, Waeldyn (Guest), 28-Dec-04 06:56 PM #1
     Reply RE: Farewells:, Yisoras (Guest), 28-Dec-04 07:07 PM, #2
     Reply Hee hee, Waeldyn (Guest), 28-Dec-04 07:34 PM, #6
     Reply RE: Farewells:, Khasotholas, 28-Dec-04 07:17 PM, #3
     Reply Hah! Always my luck., Waeldyn (Guest), 28-Dec-04 07:33 PM, #5
     Reply RE: Farewells:, wungar (Guest), 28-Dec-04 07:25 PM, #4
     Reply Peace, Dralgarth (Guest), 28-Dec-04 08:38 PM, #10
     Reply Norkie!, Norkibjorden (Guest), 29-Dec-04 01:42 PM, #13
     Reply RE: Farewells:, Slyphur (Guest), 05-Jan-05 01:30 AM, #14
     Reply Aww, where's the love., Karashin (Guest), 05-Jan-05 04:06 PM, #15
     Reply Hmm, Karashin, Karashin, Waeldyn (Guest), 05-Jan-05 07:23 PM, #16
     Reply You know I was hoping to kill you yet, Iborenn (Guest), 06-Jan-05 05:31 PM, #17
          Reply I don't like the crap you got from Dralgarth., Waeldyn (Guest), 07-Jan-05 01:29 AM, #18
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #33597 Previous topic | Next topic