Subject: "RE: It was fun, for the most part.." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #33399
Show all folders

Ahelunn (Guest)Sat 18-Dec-04 08:14 PM

#33450, "RE: It was fun, for the most part.."

>I just want to get a few things off my chest:
>
>- I play CF for fun. I get enjoyment from PK'ing.
>- I multi-killed on occasion, though who I multi-killed was
>very specific. I *could* have multi-killed a hell of a lot
>more, but I saw no need. If someone pissed me off
>sufficiently, I'd multi-kill them. I'd nearly always leave
>gear that I wouldn't use.

I think a lot of people saw the PKing, and not the RP. You probably wouldn't have run into this if you hadn't posted a big log of a lot of kills, a fair number of which were pretty lame. I tried to leave gear for you that time in Hamsah but that invoker grabbed it. I stood there trying to return as much as I could without breaking role.

>- I hate people who rely on OOC forums to try and *get even*
>with my characters. It's juvenile. If you don't like a
>character, log on and kill them, do not resort to OOC
>slander.

You opened that can of worms by posting. What did you expect?

>- I am not a 13 year old, abused child. I am just a guy that
>likes PK'ing. I never complained about being mown down by
>hero's and full looted. I'm glad the people that read
>Dioxide's enjoyed reading that log so much, but there is no
>need to try and get your own back by saying things like "Sucks
>to die like a bitch doesn't it?". That's just immature.
>- 90% of the people that read Dioxide's forum are really quite
>pathetic.

A lot of the resentment was because of not just how but who you killed. People tend not to look favorably on people who are proud of being a multi-newbie killer.

>- If you have something to say about Slyphur the character
>then fine, but don't post pointless notes about how much I
>sucked.

I don't think anyone really can say you sucked. You could have chosen more difficult targets frequently, and the ones you chose often lacked any reasonable chance of defending themselves, but you also had some really good skillful kills. Unfortunately you seemed to take equal pride in both.

>- I had no perma. I killed alone (check the Gank-O-Meter if
>you really want to fork out the dosh). I am allowed to group
>with people if I want to though, solo levelling a necro would
>be a bitch.

I was also under the impression a certain AP was your perma, and it's only a case made stronger by his level sitting with you, and new ranking since you deleted. If you say it wasn't so, then I'll take your word for it, but the perception of perma WAS there.

>- I never claimed to be *the best PK'er EVA*. I'm just a guy
>who likes PK'ing. I get kills, I get killed, just like
>everyone.

CF also requires RPing. You can't just run around killing without role or reason.

>- I never asked for any sympathy.
>- The level of roleplay that I offered was far, far above the
>level of roleplay that I received ( ie "fu@k you for killing
>me asshole", "your dead for that b!tch" etc). I was
>especially disappointed at a certain elven paladin for some of
>the OOC things that he implied. If any of you really cared
>about my roleplay, you'd have asked and received. I offered
>it to most that did ask (though that number was few). Yes, I
>hated the Palace.

If I'm the elf paladin you're talking about, I'm pretty sure I know what you're talking about, but you're wrong. I wasn't going OOC with you at all. I was implying you surprised me by needing to have teo helpers to fight me, since you had only ever used at most one before. I always wondered at your response to me, but whatever. Take what I said however you want.

>All of that being said, I enjoyed Slyphur. I especially
>enjoyed all the IMMteraction I received. Asking me to kill
>Daegghok was a very interesting twist, which I was happy to
>comply with.

Sounds to me like the imms suspected the same thing other people did about you permaing, why else single him out? You may want to pay attention to perceptions of permaing in the future.

> I suspect that greater things may have been
>planned for Slyphur however I found myself spending too much
>time on CF and not enough outside CF. So for the festive
>season it is in my best interests to curb the amount of time I
>spend on CF. When I play CF, I play hardcore, so cold turkey
>is the only way I can go. I'll be back in the New Year no
>doubt.
>
>No hard feelings all. Have a good christmas and don't spend
>all of it playing CF.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

HOT Topic(DELETED) [None] Slyphur the Malefic [View all] , Death_Angel, Thu 16-Dec-04 07:52 AM
Reply This is a shame., Dristialan (Guest), 17-Dec-04 04:02 AM, #14
Reply It was fun, for the most part.., Slyphur (Guest), 16-Dec-04 07:17 PM, #8
Reply RE: It was fun, for the most part.., Rom (Guest), 16-Dec-04 08:05 PM, #9
Reply RE: It was fun, for the most part.., The Death_Claw (Guest), 17-Dec-04 11:11 AM, #18
Reply 36 Necromancer is almost overpowered, Lothorectred (Guest), 16-Dec-04 11:46 PM, #11
Reply One of the guys you got a couple of times..., Ryaghort (Guest), 17-Dec-04 02:51 AM, #12
Reply RE: It was fun, for the most part.., Isildur, 17-Dec-04 03:35 AM, #13
Reply RE: It was fun, for the most part.., DWML31 (Guest), 18-Dec-04 11:22 AM, #22
     Reply RE: It was fun, for the most part.., Isildur, 18-Dec-04 01:47 PM, #23
          Reply RE: It was fun, for the most part.., DWML31 (Guest), 18-Dec-04 03:14 PM, #24
               Reply RE: It was fun, for the most part.., Isildur, 18-Dec-04 05:11 PM, #25
                    Reply Unfortunately., DWML32 (Guest), 18-Dec-04 05:41 PM, #26
                         Reply RE: Unfortunately., Isildur, 18-Dec-04 11:49 PM, #30
Reply A shame, Arru (Guest), 17-Dec-04 07:18 AM, #15
Reply You are lucky I wasn't around., Nivek1, 17-Dec-04 08:29 AM, #16
Reply Eh man, don't sweat things on the forums., The Death_Claw (Guest), 17-Dec-04 11:00 AM, #17
Reply I tried to rp with you and you blew me off. so i dont f..., Kobaine (Guest), 17-Dec-04 01:28 PM, #19
Reply uhmm..why was my reply removed? There was no flame. nt, Ahelun, 18-Dec-04 06:47 AM, #21
Reply RE: It was fun, for the most part.., Ahelunn (Guest), 18-Dec-04 08:14 PM #29
Reply Oh the perils of dissention...., Lightmaged (Guest), 16-Dec-04 04:48 PM, #3
Reply Don't feel bad.., Slyphur (Guest), 16-Dec-04 08:38 PM, #10
Reply Well here's my thoughts on distention., Kobaine (Guest), 17-Dec-04 01:33 PM, #20
Reply Damn i wanted to test my skill against you:( good kille..., Kobaine (Guest), 16-Dec-04 04:36 PM, #2
Reply Argh, Karashin (Guest), 16-Dec-04 10:27 AM, #1
     Reply Because someone gave him a taste of his own style of pl..., Vladamir, 16-Dec-04 04:56 PM, #4
          Reply RE: Because someone gave him a taste of his own style o..., Isildur, 16-Dec-04 04:57 PM, #5
          Reply Who doesn't these days? nt, Vladamir, 16-Dec-04 06:14 PM, #6
          Reply There were some good kills but, Daurwyn (Guest), 16-Dec-04 06:50 PM, #7
               Reply RE: There were some good kills but, Slyphur (Guest), 18-Dec-04 06:53 PM, #27
                    Reply Let me ask you this then., Beer, 18-Dec-04 07:38 PM, #28
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #33399 Previous topic | Next topic