Subject: "So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #31098
Show all folders

Alessa (Guest)Thu 16-Sep-04 11:42 PM

#31104, "So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish"

So, here we are. *twiddle* Fine, I'll start.

When I rolled Alessa, I wanted something that would kick my ass. I've really only had one other serious character (and by serious I mean "made it past level 30 and actually DID something"), and I wanted to dive in head-first and learn the game inside and out. Of course, the process will never stop, but I'm not going to make a half-assed effort and put in all that time to get me nowhere. So, along came Alessa Emelye Tarindal.

My goals were this: RP well a female (which I am not - how'd I do?), get empowered (more on that later), get a tattoo (I almost wet myself when I did), and write something for the Lyceum (that didn't work exactly as planned, but Vote Phaelim, Read Alessa!), and not get pissed off every time I died (man, did I know how to do that!). Being a Herald was something that I decided on sometime later in Alessa's life - I tried hard not to be a repeat Herald (it's addictive, I swear) - for RP reasons that really never panned out (writer's block will kill any scribe, expecially if it lasts 300+ hours).

All-in-all, Alessa was super-complicated, and I did it to myself to keep me on my toes. I purposely walked into a large number of my mob deaths, partially to try to stay within my twisted role, and partially to teach me, the player, to deal with dying and losing things. Well, I've blabbered on enough about me, not on with blabbering about you. Disclaimer: In 517 hours, you get to know a TON of people, especially if you play a healer that's hell-bent on helping everyone who asks. And even those who don't. I've also had a rough few weeks (even spent some time in the hospital), so if I forget anyone, you have Alessa's permission to yell at me - she won't whip you too badly.
-------------------------

People in the Sky
=================
Phaelim: You get top billing. I've had a good share of Immteractions in the past, and have heard/read plenty of stories, and it was my understanding that you weren't easy, especially compared to following other Imms. And easy was the last thing I was going for. You made me think, and you made me work. In short, you made me crazy. But in that good, thank you sort of way. I hope someday to roll another follower of yours, because you rock.

Eshval: If Alessa wasn't so close to age-dying, I would've loved to immerse myself in you more. I started to write something that tied in Alessa's beliefs with your religion, but writing doesn't always come easy. Regardless, I've known you in all your incarnations, and not once have I stopped enjoying you. Glad you finally made it to the big time. You haven't seen the last of me.

All the other Imms (Arvam, Shazirah, Vynmylak (sure, it was only one brief, pointless meeting, but it was a highlight) in particular): I won't say something stupid like "this game would be nothing without you," but I want to thank you for keeping me addicted. Because, you know, I have nothing better to do with my time. In short, I love this game. The end.

People on the Ground (with apologies to those Arial-folks)
==========================================================
I don't think I can do this, so I won't. Really, though. Now that I'm here, my brain is overloading. There are (and were) so many that stick out, it would be insane to even try. That doesn't mean I don't love you all or whatever, but, you know, give a guy some love. Tell me how much you hated me, and I'll respond. Besides, I need to start rolling something. Really, though. You can stop reading now.

Kicking one heel behind the other, Alessa dips into a graceful curtsey one last time before fading into memory.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

HOT Topic(AGE DEATH) [HERALD] Alessa Tarindal the Protector of F... [View all] , Death_Angel, Thu 16-Sep-04 09:43 PM
Reply RE: (AGE DEATH) [HERALD] Alessa Tarindal the Protector ..., Selessya (Guest), 23-Sep-04 08:03 PM, #29
Reply RE: (AGE DEATH) [HERALD] Alessa Tarindal the Protector ..., Alessa (Guest), 24-Sep-04 12:53 PM, #32
Reply RE: (AGE DEATH) [HERALD] Alessa Tarindal the Protector ..., Kohl (Guest), 18-Sep-04 05:09 PM, #21
Reply RE: (AGE DEATH) [HERALD] Alessa Tarindal the Protector ..., Alessa (Guest), 19-Sep-04 12:12 AM, #22
Reply You too!?, Aira (Guest), 18-Sep-04 03:18 PM, #19
Reply RE: You too!?, Alessa (Guest), 19-Sep-04 12:45 PM, #23
     Reply RE: You too!?, EmeraldLady, 01-Oct-04 09:00 PM, #33
Reply So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish, Alessa (Guest), 16-Sep-04 11:42 PM #4
Reply Pee Ess, Alessa (Guest), 17-Sep-04 12:08 AM, #5
Reply I *hate* fish., Esfergref (Guest), 17-Sep-04 12:12 AM, #6
Reply RE: I *hate* fish., Alessa (Guest), 17-Sep-04 11:19 AM, #11
Reply Was fun while it lasted, Aytak (Guest), 17-Sep-04 09:15 AM, #7
Reply RE: Was fun while it lasted, Alessa (Guest), 17-Sep-04 11:28 AM, #12
Reply Lies!, Cadothu, 17-Sep-04 12:12 PM, #14
     Reply RE: Lies!, Alessa (Guest), 17-Sep-04 10:42 PM, #17
Reply Something Silly, Martoonie (Guest), 17-Sep-04 12:12 PM, #13
Reply RE: Something Silly, Alessa (Guest), 18-Sep-04 04:23 PM, #20
Reply Thanks for all the fun, Hipsin (Guest), 17-Sep-04 03:14 PM, #16
Reply RE: Thanks for all the fun, Alessa (Guest), 17-Sep-04 10:53 PM, #18
Reply So, one more Herald down..., Fungor. (Guest), 20-Sep-04 09:59 AM, #24
Reply RE: So, one more Herald down..., Alessa (Guest), 21-Sep-04 08:48 PM, #25
     Reply You knew Fungor with two Heralds?, ´Fungor. (Guest), 23-Sep-04 07:31 AM, #27
          Reply RE: You knew Fungor with two Heralds?, Alessa (Guest), 23-Sep-04 01:24 PM, #28
               Reply When was it?, Fungor. (Guest), 24-Sep-04 02:52 AM, #30
                    Reply RE: When was it?, Alessa (Guest), 24-Sep-04 12:50 PM, #31
                         Reply RE: When was it?, EmeraldLady, 01-Oct-04 09:10 PM, #34
Reply An interesting trip, Eshval, 22-Sep-04 07:55 PM, #26
Reply RE: (AGE DEATH) [HERALD] Alessa Tarindal the Protector ..., Splntrd, 16-Sep-04 10:23 PM, #3
Reply RE: (AGE DEATH) [HERALD] Alessa Tarindal the Protector ..., Alessa (Guest), 17-Sep-04 11:10 AM, #10
Reply RE: Alessa, Phaelim (Anonymous), 16-Sep-04 10:20 PM, #2
Reply RE: Alessa, Alessa (Guest), 17-Sep-04 10:56 AM, #9
     Reply RE: Alessa, Phaelim (Anonymous), 17-Sep-04 12:16 PM, #15
Reply You were *great*., Ioniyeh (Guest), 16-Sep-04 10:10 PM, #1
     Reply RE: You were *great*., Alessa (Guest), 17-Sep-04 10:47 AM, #8
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #31098 Previous topic | Next topic