Subject: "The Drifting of a Soul" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #24465
Show all folders

Illademn (Guest)Mon 09-Feb-04 02:02 PM

#24475, "The Drifting of a Soul"

After my first age-death several years ago, I promised myself to keep a running journal of characters who made a lasting impression so I wouldn’t feel completely lost when I was writing my farewell note. One deletion and three more age-deaths later, guess what? It still hasn’t happened.

I rolled Illademn in early June to occupy myself over the summer. I had never heroed anything other than than neutral good human assassins, so I tried a radical change and went with a neutral good human shapeshifter. The class certainly has its positives and negatives. Gearing for a shapeshifter is ridiculously easy, because there’s only one thing you really have to worry about. On the other hand, not being able talk while in form caused some annoyance.

As for the forms I got, I have to say they were great. The ram’s a powerhouse, plain and simple, and while the handful of mobs that are invulnerable to blunt frustrated me, I didn’t think they really took much away from the form. The owl pretty bad at fighting, but detect hidden/acute vision is an incredible tool and failsafe. Having an airform in general also saved my life an immense amount.

Now, onto the dreaded farewells. I’ll attempt to be brief and coherent, and inevitably going to forget 95% of the people I interacted with, so just drop a reply and I’ll try to jog my memory.

-- FORTRESS --

Lariya: The oldest mortal friend still walking beside me. When we first met, I thought, “Heh, an elf two-hander. This’ll go far.” Little did I know what was in store. You really became the epitome of a Maran paladin, at least in my view. Good luck keeping those youngsters in line.

Jirash: Always a joy to be around. You were always a lot more gutsy than I was, but I still had a blast on our limited hunting excursions. Thanks for convincing me to go with an air minor, by the way. It was a lot of fun

Obaznuk: Another fine hunter. I’m afraid I don’t remember too many specifics, but just a great overall impression. Congratulations on your IMMhood Thanks for sticking it out with me in the end.

Tcatama: You were another great one to hunt with. I think the most memorable fight was when Lorran and I pounced down on Kelrizza while you fought her on the Eastern. Great job with the character.

Guddomelig: You were a great healer, aggressive and not afraid to stay in the fight. It was a lot of fun to travel beside you.

-- EMPIRE --

Sevarecan: You were the best enemy I’ve ever had. Opposing goals, but mutual respect. You had a different attitude about the Empire that I really liked. Congratulations, and thank you.

Yanacek: One of the scariest Imperials I ever encountered. Others could kill, but you’d kill slowly. A great Emperor, from what I’ve seen from the outside.

-- UNCABALLED --

Gradaelus: Easily the best hunting partner I’ve ever had. The combination of ram and neuro just tore most people up. Good luck harassing those Imperials.

Arthakar: You made a great opponent. Though we never got to fight much, that brawl on the Eastern Road was one of the wildest fights I’ve had. I was convinced some Villager would sneak up on us and finish us both off.

Nadalia: I really missed talking to you once you died. Being unable to talk in form made shapeshifting a bit boring, but you really helped relieve that boredom whenever I reverted.

Llauriele: I rolled my character around the same time you did, I think, and we hooked up well. You showed me quite a few things around the Vaults and always helped provide some excitement.

Gyronalis: I really didn’t get to talk to you much, but you turned out to be pretty knowledgeable. Thanks for showing me around the Pyramid.

IMMs: You make this an incredible game. I’ve never put as much time into a game as I have CF, and the experience keeps getting better. Thanks.

Well, that’s all for now. Like I’ve said, I’m sure I missed 95% of those who I should thank. Just give me a reply or an email or such and I’ll get back to you.

Illademn
Email: thewraith85@hotmail.com
AIM: TheSpectre1

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

Topic(AGE DEATH) [None] Illademn the Grand Master of Changel... [View all] , Death_Angel, Sun 08-Feb-04 08:20 PM
Reply The Drifting of a Soul, Illademn (Guest), 09-Feb-04 02:02 PM #3
Reply RE: Fuel for the Siege Engines, Sevarecan, 09-Feb-04 02:23 PM, #4
Reply Fear the ferret, Jirash (Guest), 09-Feb-04 04:47 PM, #5
Reply Was fun,, Obaznuk, 09-Feb-04 06:56 PM, #6
Reply RE: The Drifting of a Soul, Enbuergo1 (Guest), 09-Feb-04 09:08 PM, #7
Reply RE: The Drifting of a Soul, Illademn (Guest), 10-Feb-04 06:37 PM, #10
Reply Well..., Gyronalis (Guest), 09-Feb-04 10:01 PM, #8
Reply No one ever had a better timed death, mini log inside., Lerrik (Guest), 10-Feb-04 03:40 AM, #9
Reply Well, thats that., Lariya (Guest), 12-Feb-04 05:04 AM, #11
Reply RE: (AGE DEATH) [None] Illademn the Grand Master of Cha..., Felar Serpent (Guest), 09-Feb-04 02:01 AM, #2
Reply RE: (AGE DEATH) [None] Illademn the Grand Master of Cha..., Nadalia (Guest), 09-Feb-04 12:10 AM, #1
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #24465 Previous topic | Next topic