Subject: "(####ed Over)[None] Correllia the Weaponsmistress, Foolish Speaker To Gods" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #22781
Show all folders

Correllia (Guest)Sun 21-Dec-03 11:39 AM

#22781, "(####ed Over)[None] Correllia the Weaponsmistress, Foolish Speaker To Gods"

I don't feel like waiting for the anti-deletion code's week to expire. If anyone wants to know what happened and why, I have posted an unedited log on Dio's. Judge as you wish.

I had looked forward to two or so hundred hours more proving to people that dagger specs at hero can kill. I think I did a pretty good job of it. I'll post a few logs. When the week is over I'll be interested to see my ratio. I'm guessing in the 45-60 range. We'll see.

Mechanics-wise, I was not impressed with Whirlwind of Steel. The helpfile makes it seem dependant upon a dex comparison between myself and who I fought, and a lightness of weapons. As an arial I was almost always if not always at a good dex advantage in fights, especially once I landed one, let alone four maledictions. And, of course, wielding daggers meant I was generally wielding some of the lightest weapons in the game.

Even so, I noticed virtually no difference between my hitting amount (number of hits per round) before taking the legacy than after. I admit it is one of the harder legacies to track in this regard, as there is no echo, and I of course did not log every single round of every fight, and then count hits, and make allowances for weapons, dex's, etc. But as a general rule I found little or no difference. I did notice that I got a fifth attack with one weapon every now and then, meaning I got an extra attack in a round. But it was so rare as to be obviously noticeable. (I could tell because 99% of the time I used daggers of different attack_types, and so knew if it was my primary or offhand weapon hitting.)

Fist is great, but Zulgh's statement notwithstanding, my experience with Correllia, and watching two other villagers with Fist (I won't say who, they are still active) is that when dirted/blinded you are easily disarmed.

Sword/dagger is a solid combo. People were all over me when I did it, but I think it's fine. It's hard to finish some kills, that's true, but plenty of people died from bleeding while trying to get away. Coupled with scout powers I was doing alright. As a scout I would evade spells, and just plan to whittle away at invoker/necro/mage foes. Maledict them so when they are hurt they flee too late and die from four various bleedings. And switch to swords after maledicting (if they are prepped and not already too hurt) and either the concealed or riposte plus regular hits would get them while I critical hit. It worked ok, but it's hard to perfect spell evasion. The better foes - essentially Kelrizza, who is a barrier whore - were so prepared that even hitting critical hits they'd just last too long and the one out of four spells that got through would be enough to screw me. In the end I think I might take flails with daggers like Vexo, or perhaps spear. Some way to keep them. Flail and dagger though makes you damn near unable to protect yourself if your dodging gets messed up, or if you lose a weapon. Who knows, maybe some time in the future.

I honestly think that %75 of people are pathetically weak cowards who are so afraid of dying they have forgotten it's a game. So rarely would people fight me one vs. one that I got bored. And I'm not that good. Good enough but nothing like a jhyrbian or zhar or gareth or some of the other pk machines. Still I'd have to work hard to fight people alone.

You know what my dream would be? The thing that would just make it great? If I could have had force duel. I've done the leveling alone/honor thing (Darmok) and I'd go through it all again with a Correllia character if it meant I could get force duel. But I deliberately avoided imm contact here and of course was not an honor character. Maybe some day.

No role. First time ever. Wanted to see if it was true what they say that you don't need one. And I figured I was a constant rp, never wavered, never deviated, was pretty obvious who I was. I will say that I sort of wished some people had prodded more to hear about her history. I did have one. Just not written in a role. Oh well.

I will surely miss plenty of people. If I do, and you wish to say something or hear from me about what I thought of you or something, please do post. Rest assured I will reply. I'm not shy about talking, as most people here know.

Thrak: somehow late in our chars' lives we met and I think we just meshed well. You were great in every respect and I have nothing but love, as the kids say these days. Amusing that you outlast me with your meager con. Good luck and have fun.

Vexo: But for one thing which I won't talk about until you die or delete, I always liked you. I think you are competent and doing a terrific job with your difficult role. I played a no-talker (Balsamon) before they had pen, so I feel your pain. You have pen, which makes it much easier, but I only did it for the first half of his life, and you are doing it for all (so far) so that more than makes up for it. Good luck and keep on keeping on.

Sardinthal: You impressed me. End of story.

Flaerglum: You obviously are having fun, but sometimes I (and a few others who I spoke to as Correllia) were a bit upset at the master vs. servant tone you'd take, especially when trying to give tactical or fighting advice that obviously was, well, not necessarily the best. However, you never seemed to back down from a fight and you were ready to help other villagers, and that's more than half the game, so on balance I say thumbs up.

Sharidum: Every now and then you'd slip into saying something ooc (like how many exp needed to level, etc.) but otherwise I liked your character and your play. A real go getter. Reminds me of that storm maran warrior whose name escapes me (he was a maran when Aemelius was inducted) who always would just charge in and die. Great heart. And you would win sometimes, too, so even better. I'm sure you'll do great and have fun.

Hal/Bai: I apologize. I honestly couldn't tell the difference between you two, rp wise. It was never bad, but never stood out in my mind. Fighting though you did fine, in my opinion. This is not to say you didn't rp and do it well, just that I couldn't keep you two straight and neither seemed to really stand out.

Kackrick: I like the die hard attitude, but lots of times I thought you were just a big ass who wanted to make trouble for no reason other than make trouble, even (perhaps especially?) if it went against village custom, tradition and rule. I think you were bored not having enough enemies and let that get the better of your judgment. And if you remember, you and I were inducted the same night (me first, then you about 1 hour later, so ha!) but from the first minute you felt you could tell people what to do or how the village should be. I am pretty sure I am just as knowledgeable about the village as you, but I at least let my new entrants take the time to get to know the things I have them know.

Zhelrantix: I liked, but thought you weren't quite as up on some villager things as you might be. Maybe it's your first villager. Either way though that paled in comparison to your staunch readiness to fight the war, and do what was necessary. You got a thumbs up in my book.

Zylundak: Saw you maybe five times my whole life. Sabiene inducted me. Never even spoke to you. What's worse, you never spoke to me. I've had cabal leaders before and I know that sometimes imms induct, but when they did I almost always made a point to at least talk to the imm-inducted people. How can you lead people you don't even know? I saw you fight maybe once or twice and it seemed competent to me, but I really cannot judge one way or the other. I assume those who saw you more, and placed you in command, knew what they were doing. And others speak highly of you, so I will accept. I also highly respect you stepping down when your time no longer made you a good leader. So many people fail to do that, so you got big points from me in that regard.

Oh, one non-villager:

Zaklotel: I have no idea why you started this little war with me, but you were just an idiot to do it. Maybe you forgot, but we first met when you were level 41, sitting in Seantryn, and I was level 34, practicing riposte, flurry, double thrust, etc. We chatted a bit, and I helped you chase a criminal. We talked about levelling together when you were off duty. Then, two weeks later, you just up and attack me. You die. You attack me again. You die. I didn't loot you the first time (took some weapons, that was it), but you charged back. Even when I told you not to. When I asked why you were all of a sudden attacking me, you gave me some #### about being angry at villagers for looting you. As though that made sense to now attack someone who was your friend the last time you spoke. And Correllia was orderly, as you knew from judging her weeks before. I thought your roleplay was horrible, your fighting horrible, and pretty much everything else horrible. That you became a Justiciar the same time Oblain became Vindicator, when he'd spent several hundred hours and you spent what, 150? tops? and you being, in my opinion a pretty poor example of a tribunal, was an egregious error.

I'm tired of typing. As I said, I'll answer all comers, good or bad.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

HOT Topic(####ed Over)[None] Correllia the Weaponsmistress, Fool... [View all] , Correllia (Guest), Sun 21-Dec-03 11:39 AM
Reply RE: (####ed Over)[None] Correllia the Weaponsmistress, ..., Sabiene, 17-Dec-03 06:40 PM, #16
Reply Why was my post deleted? n/t, Correllia (Guest), 20-Dec-03 11:53 AM, #17
     Reply Flame-y., Valguarnera, 20-Dec-03 03:26 PM, #18
          Reply Uh, you are a better reader than that., Correllia (Guest), 20-Dec-03 04:05 PM, #20
               Reply RE: My reading skills., Valguarnera, 20-Dec-03 09:25 PM, #19
               Reply Should have just send an email, Narissa, 21-Dec-03 12:27 AM, #21
Reply After reading the log, Cathoir, 17-Dec-03 04:51 PM, #15
Reply Goodbye, Oblain (Guest), 16-Dec-03 10:05 PM, #13
Reply RE: (####ed Over)[None] Correllia the Weaponsmistress, ..., Kalageadon, 16-Dec-03 07:20 PM, #12
Reply heh, permanewbie, 16-Dec-03 06:52 PM, #11
Reply I liked what little I saw, Juktar (Guest), 16-Dec-03 05:40 PM, #9
Reply I am sorry I forgot you., Correllia (Guest), 16-Dec-03 05:49 PM, #10
Reply My view., Krivohan, 16-Dec-03 03:20 PM, #7
Reply RE: (####ed Over)[None] Correllia the Weaponsmistress, ..., Fahnrore, 16-Dec-03 03:53 AM, #4
Reply RE: (####ed Over)[None] Correllia the Weaponsmistress, ..., Sardinthal (Guest), 16-Dec-03 03:11 AM, #3
Reply Thank you., Correllia (Guest), 16-Dec-03 02:03 PM, #5
Reply RE: (####ed Over)[None] Correllia the Weaponsmistress, ..., Thatguy, 16-Dec-03 01:07 AM, #2
Reply RE: (####ed Over)[None] Correllia the Weaponsmistress, ..., Correllia (Guest), 16-Dec-03 02:06 PM, #6
Reply RE: (####ed Over)[None] Correllia the Weaponsmistress, ..., Riathiliano (Guest), 15-Dec-03 11:28 PM, #1
     Reply RE: (####ed Over)[None] Correllia the Weaponsmistress, ..., Sharidum (Guest), 16-Dec-03 03:31 PM, #8
          Reply RE: (####ed Over)[None] Correllia the Weaponsmistress, ..., Unamed (Guest), 16-Dec-03 10:31 PM, #14
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #22781 Previous topic | Next topic