Subject: "possible to clear something else up?" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #20492
Show all folders

ap guy (Guest)Mon 18-Aug-03 06:43 AM

#20513, "possible to clear something else up?"

I like the new charge system. You get to know who is worth a lot, and can really pull the charges in -- until those people log off as soon as you log on. (This might just be coincidence, but whatever the reason you are stuck killing weak souled people sometimes.)

However, I'm confused by the controls system.

I played one ap who never got a control echo, despite killing a number of people. The last ap I played got an echo on his first kill (control normal) and again somewhere between his 19 and 22 charges (control grip), since that one was a four charge kill.

However, Astilamos said, when I asked him ic, that I would get my fire control after taking 30 charges in pk, as opposed to leeching (paraphrasing).

I've done that, and I still don't have the control.

Is the reason because 30 is the wrong number? If so, please could you tell us the right numbers? eg is it a control every 20 kills?

Another ap I spoke to seemed surprised and suggested I prayed about it. Should I pray? I can present a fairly strong case to prove that I have taken 30 charges in pk, if it is indeed 30 charges needed. I suspect that there is some misinfo floating around, but given that assassins know what they need to improve kicks, warriors know what they need to spec, paladins know what they need for shield mastery, etc etc etc, is it unreasonable to ask for aps to know what they need to do to gain controls?

At the moment I have problems because I put something into my role which relies on me getting the fire control before doing something. Now it looks like this could cause (even bigger) problems (than expected).

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

Topic(AGE DEATH) [EMPIRE] Astilamos the Fist of Darkness, Em... [View all] , Death_Angel, Sun 17-Aug-03 11:52 PM
Reply RE: (AGE DEATH) [EMPIRE] Astilamos the Fist of Darkness..., Liralyth (Guest), 19-Aug-03 01:29 AM, #15
Reply Hmmm...., Menzaen (Guest), 18-Aug-03 10:37 PM, #13
Reply My farewells, Asti (Guest), 18-Aug-03 01:58 AM, #1
     Reply I hate #### claims about Unholy Blessing., Valguarnera, 18-Aug-03 02:41 AM, #2
     Reply possible to clear something else up?, ap guy (Guest), 18-Aug-03 06:43 AM #8
          Reply RE: possible to clear something else up?, AP (Guest), 18-Aug-03 10:40 PM, #14
     Reply Eluna, Astillian, 18-Aug-03 03:31 AM, #3
     Reply RE: My farewells, Jirash (Guest), 18-Aug-03 03:32 AM, #4
     Reply right..., Jhanderin (Guest), 18-Aug-03 03:59 AM, #5
     Reply RE: My farewells, Gwy (Guest), 18-Aug-03 05:49 AM, #6
     Reply Thanks for cry- er, playing. nt, Dafeb (Guest), 18-Aug-03 06:31 AM, #7
     Reply As Mesdoram and Yuntewara..., Beer, 18-Aug-03 10:38 AM, #9
     Reply You know, I wish I had stuck around longer just to figh..., Khajereh (Guest), 18-Aug-03 02:06 PM, #10
     Reply You surely had fun., Izuver (Guest), 18-Aug-03 02:28 PM, #11
     Reply RE: My farewells, Zylundak (Guest), 18-Aug-03 05:42 PM, #12
     Reply RE: My farewells, Khasotholas, 19-Aug-03 07:00 AM, #16
     Reply So long Astilamos..., Vorondel (Guest), 20-Aug-03 01:12 PM, #17
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #20492 Previous topic | Next topic