Subject: "My farewells" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #20492
Show all folders

Asti (Guest)Mon 18-Aug-03 01:58 AM

#20501, "My farewells"

Well, Astilamos is gone.
My enemies can breath easy now.
Honestly this was both most fun and most frustrating char I ever had.
I had a lot of interactions with mortals and Imms. Some good, some bad, some mundane.
I would like to thank everybody who made this ride enjoyable.

Brief overview of my life:
Level 1-15: Practice, practice, practice
Level 15-20: A lot of pk - distent into 35 range.
Level 20-36: Mix of everything. Fun part.
Level 36-41: Play with unholy weapon. A lot of pk. Fun part.
Level 42-51: Run constantly from goodies, try to rank. Awful.
Hero, pre-Emperor: Constant fighting with goodies but on more or less equial terms.
Emperor time - to age death: PK range is so one sided. 20 Hero goodies vs me OR 10 Emperials, no goodies. Mostly BORING.
Nobody would ever fight me alone. With very few exceptions.

Farewells:
I've met a lot of people. Impossible to mention everybody. Please post any comments/wishes and I will reply.

Some people which stood out in good/bad way:

Imms:
Talia - I could not figure out what you REALLY wanted.
Khasotholas - Thank you for your guidance. This helped a lot.
Zulghinlour - Thanks for Dreadlord. Tried to contact you several times, no luck. Wish we would interact more. But I know you are busy in RL.
Onglaurst - Every time we met I laughted so hard. I dont think you intended this imm persona to be so hilarious though.
Shadow guy - Thanks for non-interacting.

One real question for you guys. What a hell was wrong with my lastname?
Verdi. Astilamos Verdi.
Never got it in title.

Mortals:

Faeras/Khalizad - Liked you both a lot. We clicked together perfectly.
Menzaen - Perfect Shadow. But I would never make you Shadow Lord. Too dangerous.
Zuou - Bastard. You killed me three times. Solid char.
Cersai - You have more skills then bash. Use them.
Aemelius - You were the beast. Liked fighting you, hated your full loot/sac/multikill policies.
Gherian - Three words - immolations/improved invis. Only time you ever got me when you dispelled my fly in snow worm lair. And full saced all my crap. Congrats on being an ass. Worse then Aemelius.
Rogardian - A perfect combo to screw me. Searing light weapon/eyes of flame. Never really spoke to you.
Jhanderin - This gate/phoenix_cry is a total abuse. And you (ab)used it to a full extent.
Dafeb - Worthless.
Ocelevan - We were a good team. But very fast we both got too suspicions to trust each other.
Azeri - I wanted to make you Shadowlord. But you go and delete leaving a big mess to clean up.
Izuvererus - Loved you. You are worth 5 warriors. Still a bit newbiesh for my taste.
Amadalie - Next Emperor. Good job. You went from silly worshiping fan to High Priestess who could overthrow me if I would not watch my back.
Eluna - A lot of fun fights. You picked perfect legacies to fight an AP. Never ever died to you or you to me. We both knew when to run. And "Uh, impale is annoying".

Some AP insight:
Very versatile class. An extime pk machine.
With recent sleep change AP becomes even better choice for pk then necro.

New unholy charge system is ... well sux.
Not a complaint. But it is a downgrade.
With old system - you would get one charge per person you kill.
With a new one - you would get nothing OR one chage most of the time. And very rarely you get several charges.
My rough estimate - I killed three times more people then I got total charges.

New AP skills:
Despair spell/cripple/morrosacharge/vault - underused. In certain situations they will help you seal the kill.
That flail spell/lashes of the slaves - useless.
Faceslash - good alternative for kick in ranking. Could not imagine situation it would be a best solution in pk.
Btw it makes a funny yell then you start pk with it. Almost as good as overhead and recite.

Oh well.
My past chars - Yilish, Salazar, Siagrin, Asielith, Elowan, etc.
And now Astilamos.

I am back to the newbie land.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

Topic(AGE DEATH) [EMPIRE] Astilamos the Fist of Darkness, Em... [View all] , Death_Angel, Sun 17-Aug-03 11:52 PM
Reply RE: (AGE DEATH) [EMPIRE] Astilamos the Fist of Darkness..., Liralyth (Guest), 19-Aug-03 01:29 AM, #15
Reply Hmmm...., Menzaen (Guest), 18-Aug-03 10:37 PM, #13
Reply My farewells, Asti (Guest), 18-Aug-03 01:58 AM #1
     Reply I hate #### claims about Unholy Blessing., Valguarnera, 18-Aug-03 02:41 AM, #2
     Reply possible to clear something else up?, ap guy (Guest), 18-Aug-03 06:43 AM, #8
          Reply RE: possible to clear something else up?, AP (Guest), 18-Aug-03 10:40 PM, #14
     Reply Eluna, Astillian, 18-Aug-03 03:31 AM, #3
     Reply RE: My farewells, Jirash (Guest), 18-Aug-03 03:32 AM, #4
     Reply right..., Jhanderin (Guest), 18-Aug-03 03:59 AM, #5
     Reply RE: My farewells, Gwy (Guest), 18-Aug-03 05:49 AM, #6
     Reply Thanks for cry- er, playing. nt, Dafeb (Guest), 18-Aug-03 06:31 AM, #7
     Reply As Mesdoram and Yuntewara..., Beer, 18-Aug-03 10:38 AM, #9
     Reply You know, I wish I had stuck around longer just to figh..., Khajereh (Guest), 18-Aug-03 02:06 PM, #10
     Reply You surely had fun., Izuver (Guest), 18-Aug-03 02:28 PM, #11
     Reply RE: My farewells, Zylundak (Guest), 18-Aug-03 05:42 PM, #12
     Reply RE: My farewells, Khasotholas, 19-Aug-03 07:00 AM, #16
     Reply So long Astilamos..., Vorondel (Guest), 20-Aug-03 01:12 PM, #17
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #20492 Previous topic | Next topic