Subject: "Goodbyes" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #19198
Show all folders

BeastTue 15-Jul-03 07:40 PM
Member since 04th Jul 2003
34 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#19199, "Goodbyes"
Edited on Tue 15-Jul-03 07:44 PM

I actually deleted 3 days ago but decided I'd try to stick it out a little bit longer, but realized today it was time to put this character away. Few goodbyes then a final comment.

Scarabaeus: What can I say, it's a love-hate relationship. I remember talking to you at the end of the second age, I remember talking to you as you deleted infront of me with your famous goodbye note, and I decided I'd try once again with another Beast. I must say since the making of the Ma'rin (I was first Initiate of the Beast, can you remember who?), it's evolved quite a bit especially with the Library additions. It hasn't changed though in how fast I get inducted/tattoed (level 15, in 10 minutes - just got it down, I guess). But I will sadly admit, the interaction...was forced it seems on your part. In the 100 hours and solid praying, we interacted 4 times maybe, each ending very soon (3 minutes once) with you saying how you had more to attend to or how we'd talk later...which never happened. A huge reason why I deleted was because for the last 2 weeks, I've heard nothing at all. No offense, but the life of the Cult is very harsh - everyone hates you or is scared of you, it's a given that someone is always after you (especially the Empire), but adding in no interaction at all from nearly everyone I talked to including you just sucked the fun right out of this character. Did you just disappear for two weeks, or was this bad timing? I'd really like some feedback on this and my character.

Also, just for clarification, why'd you change the Ma'rin to not be in the Cabal? I couldn't talk to other Scarabs (when they existed), couldn't see people hitting the gargoyle, raid, or use the healer...you took the fun out of being in a Cabal, with removing raiding/defending. Also, why'd you change the power I was given like that? It's nice but not overpowered since that's all I had to take on everyone...and it's easily avoided. I did use it to rank solo a few times though, which is necessary a lot as no one wants to group with you. Nice power though for those that didn't understand it. Oh well, just two cents.

Eilathen: You rocked, plain and simple. I remember you before you got inducted and told Scarabaeus ya had it in you to be a member. You were a good healer, good interaction, and quite honestly made the life of the Beast tolerable. A real pity you deleted, you were the only one I would group with really regularly - but good things have to come to an end, eh?

Zylundak: Man, how I was cheering you on while I was beating you silly in our duels I played Wakachacha (who would have guessed, since I wanted to duel you repeatedly ) and wanted a warrior that wouldn't get beat down so easily and be restricted to one spec, so I made Garguza - who originally was going to go Ragers (cry/trapping + deathblow...*drool*), but I decided to go for the Cult for more interaction. Quite honestly, probably should have gone the Village since even when you don't get interaction, you have fun in raiding/defending and cabal mates. Keep trucking, you always deserved Commander...maybe you'll finally get it.

Astilamos: Yeah yeah, you got me the last death. I knew you were around, but I wanted to try and fight you one last time. I can't believe that dirt kick failed...after you had me blind, it was just an easy sleep/summon/destroy. I never worked on dirt kicking until you pulled that dirt/disarm against me (ya, I was lazy this time with a warrior)...I even had a no-remove axe. Oh well, live and learn. At least you were a good sport about talking afterwards and telling me how many charges I was worth

I know I'm forgetting a lot of people, and you can flame away if I forgot you, but I'd just like to sum up the rest with a general thought.

CF is quite different now, and I can understand what Ancruhljin says (somewhat, but not like him). People hunt in packs and the pk range is usually pretty one sided. It's fun to be the underdog, maybe more as an AP with crazy amounts of charges, but not fun as a warrior who gets fully looted almost all the time. I chose my hands as my second spec (never practiced, hell, never even mastered hand to hand) just so I could kill things for regearing or being disarmed. On that note, I never practiced besides axe/sword/mace/parry (too easy, just had to) and I had 100% pretty much across the board for what I used. It had a lot to do with ranking on spirits at level 35, fighting with a healer healing/sanc (so I could tank) and being a massive damage output so we could fight harder things so I'd learn faster, but I'm happy with the change. I'm going off on a tangent, so I'll just end the comment with the fact that people should try playing the underdog more and gang less. I think the more interesting fights were one on one (against almost all ragers, since they have the honor of true combat - Zylundak, Ozlif, Ezrail, Feolin...you all rock), and if people realized that it's more about the skill and less about the shiny gear, it might change...and the chances of my little speech having any affect? Probably zero but worth a shot.

I'm going to step away for awhile, and not because I have to do the cliche thing and step away after a good character, but lately I've been feeling bad about something and it's just time I get out with it:

I want to apologize to the Imms. My last character was Wakachacha which was a complete joke character developed from a night talking with some friends about CF and turned out to be a really fun character because I actually realized the point of CF which I failed at many many times before. I made Garguza (after a small experiment with Dispade to show people the fear in trap thieves and fix some trap bugs I knew still existed) to finish out with a good character even though I decided to leave after only 100 hours (think I was 48 in 54 hours though) and not wait it out like Wakachacha. I even had an immortal tell me I should try and immort with Garguza (you know who you are, and you rock for encouraging me even though you knew my past), which I probably could have since his background was good and I was doing good I guess from what I saw, but when they'd ask me the question of "what past characters have you played?", I'm not sure I could lie which is when I decided to delete. I'll probably regret saying this and it will probably result in the rebanning of my site, but I can say proudly that I tried to contribute something back to CF with the last three characters and I am extremely sorry for the mistakes I once made. Even though they are irreversable, I can at least know I tried to repair some of which I took for granted.

My apologies to Sybeok especially, as well as the rest of the Immortal Staff,

Aether

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

Topic(DELETED) [None] Garguza the General, Initiate of the B... [View all] , Death_Angel, Tue 15-Jul-03 06:52 PM
Reply Role and Desc, Beast, 17-Jul-03 05:09 PM, #20
Reply Goodbyes, Beast, 15-Jul-03 07:44 PM #1
     Reply RE: Goodbyes, Krivohan, 15-Jul-03 08:06 PM, #2
     Reply Not really., Beast, 16-Jul-03 03:32 AM, #8
     Reply RE: Goodbyes, Zulghinlour, 15-Jul-03 08:20 PM, #3
     Reply RE: Goodbyes, Beast, 16-Jul-03 03:33 AM, #9
          Reply RE: Goodbyes, Valguarnera, 16-Jul-03 09:57 AM, #14
     Reply Good luck, Asti (Guest), 15-Jul-03 08:44 PM, #4
     Reply am I the only one thinking, incognito, 16-Jul-03 03:25 AM, #7
          Reply RE: am I the only one thinking, Beast, 16-Jul-03 03:35 AM, #10
     Reply Crazy Power, Eluna, 16-Jul-03 02:08 AM, #5
     Reply No mention here?, Tichniktil (Guest), 16-Jul-03 02:20 AM, #6
     Reply RE: No mention here?, Beast, 16-Jul-03 03:37 AM, #11
     Reply RE: Goodbyes, Scarab Lover (Guest), 16-Jul-03 03:52 AM, #12
     Reply Aether syndrome, Scarabaeus, 16-Jul-03 09:04 AM, #13
          Reply RE: Aether syndrome, Beast, 16-Jul-03 11:39 AM, #15
               Reply Entirely offtopic question, Old Fogie (Guest), 16-Jul-03 12:00 PM, #16
               Reply RE: Aether syndrome, Circuits Edge (Anonymous), 16-Jul-03 12:25 PM, #17
               Reply RE: Aether syndrome, Ancruhljin (Guest), 16-Jul-03 03:19 PM, #18
                    Reply RE: Aether syndrome, Beast, 17-Jul-03 04:07 PM, #19
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #19198 Previous topic | Next topic