Subject: "RE: Buddy, we just have different views." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #18834
Show all folders

VladamirSun 06-Jul-03 10:42 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
1179 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM Click to send message via ICQ
#18880, "RE: Buddy, we just have different views."
Edited on Sun 06-Jul-03 09:08 PM

>The chip was placed there by players like you who can't play
>straight up. I simply was appalled at the amount of cheating
>going on. Now I accept it and deal with it and played despite
>it. I wished only to do well according to my standards, not
>yours.
>

"Players like me"? Scuse me Mr. Flame of the Scarab who got his lame ass denied, I've never lost a character, or even gotten so much as a warning for cheating. So you can take that particular aspect of your attitude and cram it.

>You are right, out of sheer boredom. I could fight a handfull
>of imperials or a handfull of goodies. It's not like I was
>ever going to get a 1v1 so I said, nah, I'd rather not play. I
>won't give the gangbangers the satisfaction. Finally I just
>had enough and went out and died.

In other words, you logged out to avoid being ganged by both good and evil, and only stayed on to face the masses once you decided to quit playing the game anyway. Some of us actually stay on and take up the challenge of staying alive AGAINST the odds. We don't only play when everything is in our favor.

>Hey, I'm not perfect. I died four times and lost two axes. But
>my performance is acceptable in my eyes because I know I did
>it clean and was quite effective. I try to make myself sound
>like nothing, my record speaks for itself. Don't put words in
>my mouth. I wanted to reach a level that 'I' was statisfied
>with, no one else.

Dude, I'm not putting any words in anything. By your own statements you clearly think you are the pinnacle of elite CFness, and want everyone around to also think this.

>If you wish to set a standard of mediocrity and use OOC means
>to attain it, by all means do so and feel good about it. No
>one is telling you to do anything else. I set a standard of
>excellence (not perfection) and attained it completely on my
>own, and for that I am proud and that is enough in my eyes and
>that is all that matters to me.

Then why do you feel the need to keep coming to the forums, tooting your own horn with one hand, and denying you care what anyone thinks with the other?

>Yes, I wanted to prove something to myself. I wanted to prove
>to myself that I could play a successful character that was a
>total loner, didn't need to use preps, didn't need to cheat,
>could go toe-to-toe with the cheaters, treated everyone with
>respect, gave almost everyone all their items back, went up
>against harsh odds for most of their life, didn't need
>overpowered cabal powers to do it and had a decent level of
>roleplay. That is what I wanted to prove and I think I
>attained that. And I did enjoy doing it until I couldn't find
>opponents anymore. Thing is, even doing this, people like you
>will still come out and criticize one and accuse one of
>permaing, having special powers, playing the easy side or
>whatever just to knock one down. I learned this long ago and
>that's why your words are like water off a duck's back to me.

I never accused you of permaing, having "sepcial powers" or anything. I did point out that I saw you log in, and log right out of the range was even slightly scary for you, which you admitted to. And why in the name of god if you "only feel the need to prove anything to yourself" do you insist on coming to the forums and trying to beat into everyones heads that we should all adore you, and aspire to be just like you someday when we all grow up?

>Why? It's called setting lofty goals and woking your ass off
>to achieve them. I do this in life, with my career, my
>education, in the sports I play and in the games I play. It
>motivates me to do better. I don't play things to lose. I
>never have. People who are content with losing are just that,
>losers. We all want to win, everyone is competetive deep down
>inside. Half the people here will even cheat to try and win.
>If someone beats me fair and square, then I respect them and
>strive to be like them. I wanted to prove to myself I could do
>well, bottom line.

You consider playing a text based game better than some other people, to be a lofty goal? Do you understand just how sick these statements make you sound?

>If you are content to go through life aimlessly, with no
>goals, to not strive to improve yourself, that is your
>perogative. If you want mom to cook you dinner, do your
>laundry, pay your bills while you tap away on a keyboard to
>strive to be completely ordinary, all the power to you. I am
>here to prove things to myself, not you.

Considering that I've been out on my own since well before I started playing CF int he first age, you can fix yourself a nice big glass of shut the #### up. Your attitude about a text based game, having something to do with peoples life goals is just another of those really REALLY sick things you say that make me very glad I don't know you OOC. You're probably one of those freaks who beats his kids with a curtain rod if the creases on the bedspread aren't aligned perfectly with the seams on the edge of the pillow. You really do sound unhealthy when you go off on these perfection rants of yours.

>On the contrary, I have tons of fun at the beginning when no
>one knows anything about me. Its when I get a rep and
>everybody is too attached to their sets to go and mix things
>up and fight a good opponent by themselves, that's when it
>gets boring for me. I don't have to be the best, I just have
>to meet my own expectations, which I set quite high for
>myself.

By logging out when presented with a challenge? Err, ok.

>It was totally healthy for me. Competition is healthy. It's
>when you have to cheat to compete that it is no longer a good
>thing.

No, I honestly don't think it was a healthy experience for you. Matter of fact I think you should avoid all things involving competition that aren't work related.

>Again, you can go through life with your ordinary,
>underachiever attitude. That is totally fine. It is no secret
>that to get somewhere in life, you have to work your ass off
> unless you want to take the easy road and #### as many people
>as you can over along the way). Myself, I will continue to
>challenge myself and strive to better myself without ####ing
>others over, both in games and in life in general. I will walk
>the straight and difficult road and even if I fail, I will
>still have my integrity which is more than I can say for
>many.

Man, whatever sickness you have, I pray to god it's not catching, and that you don't have any kids. Thats all I can say. If you really honestly can't see just how unhealthy these statements of yours are, in relation to a freaking text based game, then I fear for the people in your life.

>Ancruhljin

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

HOT Topic(DELETED) [None] Ancruhljin the Herald of War, Flame of... [View all] , Death_Angel, Mon 07-Jul-03 10:10 PM
Reply RE: (DELETED) [None] Ancruhljin the Herald of War, Flam..., Menzaen (Guest), 08-Jul-03 03:03 PM, #39
Reply Yep, I only interacted with those whom I thought were w..., Ancruhljin (Guest), 09-Jul-03 07:40 PM, #47
     Reply Your response defies logic., Menzaen (Guest), 09-Jul-03 08:03 PM, #48
          Reply Yeah, well, it is for me., Ancruhljin (Guest), 10-Jul-03 12:48 AM, #50
               Reply Err..., Vladamir, 10-Jul-03 02:34 AM, #51
                    Reply I'll tell you why..., Ancruhljin (Guest), 11-Jul-03 01:01 PM, #54
Reply You got the title Flame of the scarab and were still cl..., Quid (Guest), 07-Jul-03 08:21 PM, #31
Reply RE: (DELETED) [None] Ancruhljin the Herald of War, Flam..., Ancruhljin (Guest), 06-Jul-03 02:00 AM, #1
     Reply RE: (DELETED) [None] Ancruhljin the Herald of War, Flam..., Lesta (Guest), 06-Jul-03 02:40 AM, #2
     Reply Dude seriously..., Vladamir, 06-Jul-03 04:36 AM, #3
     Reply RE: Dude seriously..., Jhyrbian, 06-Jul-03 06:19 AM, #4
     Reply I third that, oddly enough. nt, Cartherlen (Guest), 06-Jul-03 02:46 PM, #6
     Reply So true, Menzaen (Guest), 08-Jul-03 03:10 PM, #40
     Reply Buddy, we just have different views., Ancruhljin (Guest), 06-Jul-03 06:43 PM, #8
     Reply RE: Buddy, we just have different views., Vladamir, 06-Jul-03 09:08 PM #11
     Reply agree to disagree?, Quid (Guest), 06-Jul-03 09:22 PM, #10
          Reply RE: agree to disagree?, Vladamir, 07-Jul-03 02:04 AM, #17
               Reply Oh please..., Ancruhljin (Guest), 07-Jul-03 02:30 AM, #20
               Reply RE: Oh please..., Vladamir, 07-Jul-03 02:57 AM, #21
                    Reply For the record..., Vladamir, 07-Jul-03 04:22 AM, #25
                    Reply RE: Oh please..., Boldereth, 07-Jul-03 07:20 AM, #26
                         Reply On the subject of tough situations..., Vladamir, 07-Jul-03 09:27 AM, #29
                              Reply RE: On the subject of tough situations..., Boldereth, 07-Jul-03 02:58 PM, #30
                                   Reply Guess again, Vladamir, 08-Jul-03 12:06 AM, #35
               Reply I would also like to point out a key word here..., TSM- (Guest), 07-Jul-03 09:08 AM, #28
     Reply RE: Buddy, we just have different views., Circuits Edge (Anonymous), 07-Jul-03 04:10 AM, #24
     Reply RE: Dude seriously..., Enbuergo1 (Guest), 09-Jul-03 11:30 AM, #42
          Reply oww. My sides hurt from laughing nt, Daurwyn (Guest), 09-Jul-03 11:48 AM, #43
          Reply But it took at least four of them to steal my Goddam to..., Ancruhljin (Guest), 09-Jul-03 02:29 PM, #44
          Reply RE: But it took at least four of them to steal my Godda..., Krivohan, 09-Jul-03 03:07 PM, #45
          Reply Where the hell is all this cheating crap coming from?, Ancruhljin (Guest), 09-Jul-03 07:35 PM, #46
          Reply For the record, I quite liked this char n/t, Enbuergo1 (Guest), 10-Jul-03 07:38 AM, #52
          Reply lol!!, Vladamir, 09-Jul-03 09:42 PM, #49
     Reply It's weird. I didn't even notice or hear about this ch..., Jake (Guest), 06-Jul-03 12:26 PM, #5
     Reply I can say virtually the same thing, Wilhath, 06-Jul-03 03:14 PM, #7
     Reply well well, seems the funs over, Kertaki (Guest), 06-Jul-03 09:16 PM, #9
     Reply RE: (DELETED) [None] Ancruhljin the Herald of War, Flam..., Valguarnera, 06-Jul-03 10:51 PM, #12
     Reply curious...., Quid (Guest), 06-Jul-03 11:00 PM, #13
     Reply RE: curious...., Valguarnera, 06-Jul-03 11:04 PM, #14
     Reply I reported numerous things anonymously, Ancruhljin (Guest), 07-Jul-03 12:42 AM, #15
          Reply RE: I reported numerous things anonymously, Valguarnera, 07-Jul-03 01:24 AM, #16
     Reply What, no conspiracy theory about your axe?, Zulghinlour, 07-Jul-03 02:16 AM, #18
     Reply Well I think "someone ####ed with my axe", Vladamir, 07-Jul-03 02:25 AM, #19
     Reply I thought fractions were supposed to be good?, Boldereth, 07-Jul-03 02:56 AM, #22
     Reply Bad luck., Valguarnera, 07-Jul-03 03:21 AM, #23
          Reply Cool. nt, Boldereth, 07-Jul-03 07:24 AM, #27
     Reply No, but that's pretty ####ty of you actually., Ancruhljin (Guest), 07-Jul-03 10:29 PM, #33
          Reply RE: No, but that's pretty ####ty of you actually., Zulghinlour, 08-Jul-03 12:06 AM, #36
          Reply Not to open THAT can of worms again, but:, nepenthe, 08-Jul-03 02:55 AM, #37
     Reply RE: (DELETED) [None] Ancruhljin the Herald of War, Flam..., Beast, 07-Jul-03 04:54 AM, #32
     Reply I would reply with the truth but I am not allowed. nt, Ancruhljin (Guest), 07-Jul-03 10:33 PM, #34
     Reply Too bad., Ilrahsek (Guest), 08-Jul-03 02:48 PM, #38
     Reply Sorry to see you go., Scrimbul, 09-Jul-03 09:59 AM, #41
     Reply RE: (DELETED) [None] Ancruhljin the Herald of War, Flam..., Beroxxus, 10-Jul-03 11:54 AM, #53
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #18834 Previous topic | Next topic