Subject: "(AUTO) Tarothan the 42 Storm Shaman" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #17989
Show all folders

ShadowmasterTue 27-May-03 12:49 AM
Member since 18th Mar 2003
329 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#17989, "(AUTO) Tarothan the 42 Storm Shaman"

Where to begin. Was the last mortal inducted into Maran by the gods if I recall correctly, but I really disliked this character. Was sphere destruction, follower of Shokai. Farewells...

Shokai - I do realize you are busy and all and don't have time to be visible. However, when you as a staff place such importance on empowerment, you can see why players begin to feel entitled to things. It was disturbing from a player aspect as well as IC to have NEVER seen Shokai in over 175 hours with this character, who was empowered by Shokai. It was disturbing because of how the staff treats empowerment, and from a player aspect it seemed like a double-standard.

Vynmylak - Pretty sure it was you who empowered me but I'm not sure. Loved every one of our interactions when I did know it was you, however. Hope you keep doing what you have been, you are making the MUD better.

Khalazid - I don't even know what to say other then you disappointed me. You were a Maran who I saw sitting in the Inn with evils more then I saw you fighting. When I did see you fighting, you ganged and only ganged the three times I ever saw you fight. You booted Tarothan from the Fortress for saying he would not hesitate to engage the wicked if they hid within the Spire. What part of the Maran philosophy was Tarothan betraying? Whoever made you leader must have only seen you RP in front of them, because you showed me nothing other then political horse####. I hope as a player you had a reason for all this, to be honest after it all went down I started to think you might even be an evil infiltrating the Fortress. Whatever the case, you sucked the life out of my character and I never logged in again. The fact that I died to Drugadath and fed his axe while sending tells to Elrys about the situation only proved to Tarothan what indifference and talking would bring.

ATK - At least storm shaman worked well for one of us

In all, I am completely soured on the empowerment process, to make it better I would suggest a minimum amount of time someone must be watched, not just logged in. I'm sure players will moan about it if it ever was implemented, but I can think of no other way to discourage the multitude of people who RP for the 10 minutes they need to get the imm's attention, and then spend the next year not RP'ing at all.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #17989 Previous topic | Next topic