Subject: "(CON) Jolaerg Shortbeard the Weaponsmaster" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #17261
Show all folders

DeavrThu 01-May-03 07:48 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
32 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#17261, "(CON) Jolaerg Shortbeard the Weaponsmaster"

Well, I ran out of Con.

I had a great time with Jolaerg, pre-hero range I could kill/not die to just about anyone solo, or at least I like to think so. Come hero range I lost my edge somehow and died to just about everyone.

I always refused to log off just because I was the only ‘evil’ on, Jolaerg suffered because of this but I was never wanting for a bit of excitement. With almost at least a conjuror, healer or airform shifter trying to find me I sure started to run out of hiding places. This made if very hard for me towards the end to build a decent set, hang on to gold and keep a bag full of preps… but that’s enough whining.

Jolaerg was a sphere greed beer loving mercenary and for no particular reason I applied to scion and surprised myself by getting accepted.

So I had a lot of fun with my first Scion and only second cabal member and second hero.

A recent discussion was on the topic of being truly evil being difficult because dead men tell and revenge will be extracted on anyone not uber tuff who pisses too many other evils off. So I took the approach with Jolaerg that I would betray anyone I could but only if I was fairly sure I would get away with it. This resulted in political treachery, party member looting, attacks of opportunity and blatant lying to all but a select few.

All the blatant lying was very entertaining and kept me glued to the screen. Even when I didn’t get away with it

I had barely any immteraction, probably thanks to a poorly maintained role and long spaces solo with little RP, but thanks to Azuranda for the little quest, I really enjoyed the opportunity.

Scion:
Jhaelryna – Thank you for being so patient with me, I did my best to keep you amused, and even tried to be usefull from time to time. I think the fastest I ever managed to do something you asked was grabbing a whip before meeting you after I lost an axe you gave me. It was you that actually drove Jolaerg to covet beer, mostly because that seemed to be what you expected. I once was fighting the Destructor, left to heal in Tar-Valon, ran to Mortorn to get a barrel of beer, and then ran back to finish the destructor, the whole time there was your voice, ‘is it dead yet?’, ‘is it dead yet?’.

Zharaluzar - At hero range we made a great team healer and warrior, unless I panicked that is, remember that time we got the item from the Maran, Sylvan, Battle and Warlock one after the other. Pity we couldn’t hold them.

Ghuljun – Well done mate, kudos to you for going so far with your … ‘self imposed handicap’.

Other scion, Yes we travelled and won some, and lost some but I can’t think of anyone I really bonded with.

Others:
Xandrya – I’ve already apologised OOC for my assassination, IC Jolaerg had to do it and I did not realise till after that where a newbie. I’m sure your ability to RP will get you far.

Gastaad – One of the few Jolaerg never lied to, thanks for all the trades and the conspiracies, and for keeping up your end of the bargain.

Wiglaf & Karun – Well played, I wish I could have gone 1v1 with you two more, but … well I sucked too much.

There were others I RP’d with, say Hi, and I’ll respond.

Deavr
Jolaerg, a discraced orc, Sarendylson (Assaulter of Asgaard) and Deavr.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

Topic(CON) Jolaerg Shortbeard the Weaponsmaster [View all] , Deavr, Thu 01-May-03 07:48 PM
Reply RE: (CON) Jolaerg Shortbeard the Weaponsmaster, Beroxxus, 01-May-03 08:15 PM, #1
Reply RE: (CON) Jolaerg Shortbeard the Weaponsmaster, Jhaelryna, 01-May-03 08:21 PM, #2
Reply Nice job, Briessa (Guest), 01-May-03 08:48 PM, #3
Reply RE: I think you are not on my time card here., Deavr, 01-May-03 09:42 PM, #4
Reply RE: I look forward to reading it., Deavr, 01-May-03 09:44 PM, #5
Reply It was tough, but fun tough, was one way to get attenti..., Deavr, 01-May-03 09:56 PM, #6
Reply RE: (CON) Jolaerg Shortbeard the Weaponsmaster, Krath (Guest), 01-May-03 10:12 PM, #7
Reply RE: (CON) Jolaerg Shortbeard the Weaponsmaster, Glarnak (Guest), 01-May-03 10:53 PM, #8
Reply RE: (CON) Jolaerg Shortbeard the Weaponsmaster, Vashka, 01-May-03 10:53 PM, #9
Reply lol ! Heh, good luck with that chief. Eats dem all! (n..., Deavr, 01-May-03 11:12 PM, #10
Reply I searched, 'Vashka is gushing blood.' good as it got., Deavr, 02-May-03 12:22 AM, #11
Reply RE: (CON) Jolaerg Shortbeard the Weaponsmaster, Zargu, 02-May-03 03:25 AM, #12
Reply We went way back, Gastaad (Guest), 02-May-03 03:49 AM, #13
Reply Well played, you deceiving little punk, Xaandrya (Guest), 02-May-03 03:45 PM, #14
Reply lol, good on ya! :) (nt), Deavr, 02-May-03 04:15 PM, #15
Reply RE: (CON) Jolaerg Shortbeard the Weaponsmaster, Vallaon (Guest), 03-May-03 08:16 AM, #16
Reply They were enjoyable drawn out fights., Deavr, 03-May-03 05:55 PM, #17
Reply RE: (CON) Jolaerg Shortbeard the Weaponsmaster, Fahnrore, 03-May-03 06:34 PM, #18
Reply RE: I searched, 'Vashka is gushing blood.' good as it g..., Vashka, 08-May-03 01:24 AM, #19
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #17261 Previous topic | Next topic