Subject: "(AGE) Ylare Tovani the Grand Master of Changelings" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #17235
Show all folders

Ylare (Guest)Wed 30-Apr-03 11:02 PM

#17235, "(AGE) Ylare Tovani the Grand Master of Changelings"

Well, it was a fun ride.. I started this char mostly to explore, because although I've been playing CF
on and off for a quite a while, I did not hero many characters and never really took the time to explore
the dangerous/remote areas before. I did explore quite a bit and discovered many things with Ylare,
and made many friends who showed me a great deal.

I had no written role, mostly because I did not feel a need for it with this character, but also because
I'm a bit lazy and not really good in english =) Anyway, I did have a role, which was not really original
but fitted my character well. Ylare was sphere Revelation/Divination, Neutral Good in alignment. He wished
to reach enlightenment through experience, and to him that meant to discover the most he could about the
magical arts, to learn about the various areas, their culture and their people, and to make as many friends
as he could. Also, Ylare was free-spirited in nature and did not want to join any particular cabal, because
he prefered to associate with different people fighting for different causes, and to learn from those
experiences. Ylare did enjoy being involved in cabal politics and in the various ongoing "quests" that were
run by the immortals, but more from a "behind the scenes" perspective. He was not manipulative one bit, but
rather he would acquire much knowledge about who was in which cabal, who was against who, what were the
ongoing quests and who was involved, etc. And people consulted him sometimes for his knowledge, which made
him proud. Another important facet of the character was his great desire to help others. Ylare felt good
doing so, and was never expecting anything in return.

Offense/Defense shifters are great for exploring, I would recommend this combo to anyone who wish to
play a char with this purpose in mind. Of course knowing where to find wands and such help greatly.
I liked every form I got: ferret, rhino, lynx, sand lizard, lion, crocodile. I don't know if I was
lucky or what, but the crocodile is a damn good form IMHO. Sand Lizard is very useful as well.
Lion is quite mean, and when prepared, VERY mean. Only problem is that you can't keep your foes in the
fight, of course..

Anyway, my farewells..

Immortals
---------
Great job with CF, this is by far the best game I have ever played in my life. All the tweaking aimed at
good game balance, all the updates, the new stuff, the quests, excellent work! And thanks to the Immortal
who let me have my last name, really appreciated.

Warlocks
--------
Ylare didn't like the war with the Sylvans, but he understood why there was such a war and he was glad to
see that the sylvans only rarely took the grimoire and vice-versa. He knew and befriended most of the high
ranked warlocks of his time, and travelled quite alot with them. You guys were invaluable partners to him.

Jarold and Akriam, I really like travelling with you two and when you got your bad titles for not being able
to defend once (and/or perhaps for being too lucid about it), I felt bad because I think you were both fine
warlocks and did not deserve such treatment considering the circomstances. Heck, so many times I've raided
the Scions and not one of them showed up (or were in position to do so), yet when the new A-P skills were put
in there were gechos with the Dark Man saying how cowardly the Light was (and the gechoes mentioned you two),
so I was pretty pissed off. But then I realized that perhaps I did not know everything that was going on and
that surely, the Immortals had their reasons. Ah well, bad luck, I guess.

Jhard, Kalindar, Galial, Chasillia, Viynellia, Gherian, you guys rock and I enjoyed travelling/fighting with
you.

Fortress
--------
Fahnrore, I liked you, keep up the good work. Elrys, you're a blast to interact with and Ylare respected you
greatly. Jhanderin, nice work and thanks for saving my ass a few times =) Vahlron, Lruthlor, Karun, Siorgriend,
you're all fine and noble paladins. Sandoria and Briessa, great scouts and great friends. Vashka, you were a
tad too impatient for Ylare's tastes, but you were a close friend and I always liked hanging out with you.
Erenthell (sp?), we only met briefly but I have to say, nice job! Corealis, gratz for your recent induction,
you were a good friend of Ylare. Dylerion, bad-ass legacies/spec combo =) Oh and Liu, farewell to you my friend.

Warders
-------
I did not interact with you much but Cardiel, Starkad and Dacheal come to mind, my farewells to you all.

Tribunal
--------
I only knew Jamain and Orein, you two showed great dedication and Ylare liked you both.

Battleragers
------------
Wiglaf, you got balls and you always seem to stick around despite the odds against you, well done.
Sabiene, gratz on Imm'ing, Ylare liked you and respected your views even if he did not agree with them.
Aidamo, Alarin, Brogg, Alan and all the others, thanks for the few fun fights we had. You're all fine
ragers. Jeghaciel, only fought you once, you're mean. God, I hate scouts.

Heralds
-------
Airael, it was nice to interact with you. Darch, you're a nice fellow, my farewells to you.

Scions
------
Jhaelryna (sp?), Zharaluzar, Darian, Ghuljun, Jolaerg, Asin, and the others, you guys had the odds stacked
against you most of the time, and I (the player) felt somewhat bad raiding you all the time. But thanks for
the fun fights, and keep up the good work. I should have interacted with you more than just by
fighting you, so that I could learn more about your respective roles.. Too late for that now I guess.

Imperials and co.
-----------------
Sakard, I think I only gangbanged you, felt bad about it but I *would* have fought you alone
if I ever had the chance. Anyway, good luck with the Empire.
And to the duergar warrior who once disemboweled me (sorry man I forget your name, G-something),
you cannot believe how much I was pissed after that death!
Zekasiq, I think I fought you a couple times, but the main reason I will remember you is because
you seemed to be quite the charmer type with the ladies =)

Nexus
-----
I didn't really interact much with you guys..

Others
------
Eluna, you were a really close friend of Ylare, I'll miss you greatly!
Selatiel, I'll miss you too, you were nice and funny.
Uurmok, Karkalla, Aikaya, Queesha, Rahalans, Nycoe, Cassougi, Dranthaax, Mauhd, you were all my friends and
I wish you best of luck with your respective characters (those of you still alive, of course).

I'm sure I forget some people, sorry...

See you in the fields!

--
Sarnac

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

HOT Topic(AGE) Ylare Tovani the Grand Master of Changelings [View all] , Ylare (Guest), Wed 30-Apr-03 11:02 PM
Reply Forget me!, Kalindar1 (Guest), 10-May-03 01:29 AM, #25
Reply No no no I didn't...., Ylare (Guest), 11-May-03 09:03 PM, #26
Reply Well what can I say, Eluna, 07-May-03 03:44 PM, #23
Reply No goodbye... YLARE!...heh, cassougi (Guest), 06-May-03 06:51 PM, #21
Reply Hey I did say goodbye!!, Ylare (Guest), 06-May-03 10:00 PM, #22
Reply Bah! Im next!, Airael (Guest), 04-May-03 09:22 PM, #20
Reply RE: (AGE) Ylare Tovani the Grand Master of Changelings, Fahnrore, 03-May-03 06:38 PM, #19
Reply heh well done, Wiglaf (Guest), 03-May-03 03:23 PM, #18
Reply RE: (AGE) Ylare Tovani the Grand Master of Changelings, Akriam (Guest), 03-May-03 12:00 AM, #17
Reply Damn! Sorry to see you go buddy, Jarold, 02-May-03 11:54 PM, #16
Reply RE: (AGE) Ylare Tovani the Grand Master of Changelings, Elrys (Guest), 02-May-03 07:00 AM, #15
Reply Sigh...., Vashka, 01-May-03 10:49 PM, #14
Reply You will be missed., Jhanderin (Guest), 01-May-03 06:08 PM, #12
Reply so my life has some worth!?, Quid (Guest), 01-May-03 07:11 PM, #13
Reply Don't feel bad., Sakard (Guest), 01-May-03 02:18 PM, #10
Reply So long old man, Lruthlor (Guest), 01-May-03 12:18 PM, #9
Reply RE: So long old man, Ylare (Guest), 01-May-03 03:30 PM, #11
     Reply Final Ylare interaction, Lruthlor (Guest), 08-May-03 11:53 AM, #24
Reply RE: (AGE) Ylare Tovani the Grand Master of Changelings, Zargu, 01-May-03 03:24 AM, #6
Reply thanks for..., Trinthos (Guest), 01-May-03 01:03 AM, #3
Reply RE: thanks for..., Sylvrin (Guest), 01-May-03 02:19 AM, #5
Reply RE: thanks for..., Ylare (Guest), 01-May-03 11:25 AM, #8
Reply RE: (AGE) Ylare Tovani the Grand Master of Changelings, Zepachu, 30-Apr-03 11:31 PM, #2
Reply Addendum, Ylare (Guest), 30-Apr-03 11:05 PM, #1
     Reply You forgot me :(, Sylvrin (Guest), 01-May-03 02:16 AM, #4
          Reply oh, yeah.., Ylare (Guest), 01-May-03 11:23 AM, #7
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #17235 Previous topic | Next topic