Subject: "Auosfian is no more" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #16186
Show all folders

Auosfian (Guest)Mon 10-Mar-03 04:11 PM

#16186, "Auosfian is no more"

If you've not seen Auosfian lately (or ever), it's because I've not been playing her.

I started playing CF January last year, it was fun, I put a lot of time into it, after half a dozen characters who didn't get past level 25 I was starting to get into an annoying mood. Auosfian was created some time around last march, with this annoyed mood as her dominant characteristic.

There's no "annoying" sphere, so I picked envy. I pictured her as a dumpy librarian sort, so made that envy of what everyone else knew that she didn't. class: transmuter, race: human, alignment: neutral.

Got caballed (Nydeikon inducted me into Nexus -- I enjoyed that), managed to get my first pk at lev 36ish (on a thief with something like five levels on me), I was moving up levels, things looked good.

Except, I needed more time for studying, in real life. And, I started spending more time with a friend, again in real life. And, Nydeikon died. And... things snowballed. I decided she was too pissy to be social (partially because everybody was new to her, and partially her role -- yeah, this is death for a transmuter). I wound up wiping all my notes and records and logs when I rebuilt my machine (yeah, I made two backups, no neither backup included the relevant files).

Anyways, I wound up one weekend realizing that I had time to play CF and that I wasn't playing because I just couldn't get back into character. I'd gone from 12+ hours/day to 12ish minutes/month. So... bye bye Auosfian.

level: 45
pk ratio: something like 5-10%

A few memorable events to give you a feel for her:

gave 20-ish lev paladin a boost when he was the only obvious goodie on during the height of Dullameh's influence, (the paladin was somewhat flabbergasted, and quite pleased).

had a rather interesting conversation with a rager Va... ...something. While I didn't convince him that magic was ok, he seemed to ran out of arguments for his point of view. I like to think I made him (the character) think. Unfortunately, I turned cowardly, which ended that conversation.

I think I made a good impression in a few pre-induction interviews.

some rather hilarious mis-cast spells (for instance: arial anti-palidin groupmate wanted me to cast enlarge on him, I typod and hit him with earthbind instead, I died in two rounds).

To those who were her friends or well-regarded enemies, so long, long ago: 'twas fun. Maybe we'll meet in another life, and kill each other (hey, after a year on cf, I've got one solo pk under my belt: I'm dangerous). Sorry about the times I was being awful.

Laters.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #16186 Previous topic | Next topic