Subject: "Goodbyes" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #142425
Show all folders

Lammasu (Anonymous)Wed 19-Jan-22 09:16 AM
Charter member
#142435, "Goodbyes"

This was my first real effort at an AP. It's a neat, but hard, class to play. And I'm sure it's a whole new game at hero or with controls. But I tried to learn the ins and outs of it as much as possible. To the point of burning through probably 12 con from mobs and pk deaths.

I regret using this role for this char. It was probably by more well written and well rounded role. But it got me into Scion. Which was a mixed bag. Everyone wants to kill Scions. Everyone wants to raid Scion. Never having the cabal item is a real debbie downer, and retrieving from Fortress as a duergar (searing light vuln) is a major pain in the rear. I burned through so many preps, full ABS + Stone skin, so many times trying to retrieve. If healer or charity paladin was around, I wouldn't succeed.

And you have to be on your toes retrieving at Fort because Outlander, Battle, and joe's random neighbor would all show up to kill you. The number of times I fought off mixed groups was really disappointing. The worst was when Fort paladin sanc'd neutral battle applicant who killed me with an outlander I was trying to kill. Other major rp issues was Fort paladins summoning neutral mobs to fight me. Really just terrible roleplay. Of course, those paladins were then given virtues 2 days later which was just stupid.

I had no allies. A few folks were certainly helpful. Joihe followers, random neutral mages, the two cloud rangers who just wanted to bearcharge Fort and Battle. That was a nice wind in the sails to get a random weapon or aura or barrier rod. Certainly made my day.

Role wise, I was sphere courage on purpose. I wanted to be in every fight and roll the dice. I did not want to be ultra conservative. I wanted to learn the ins and outs. I got the outs down pat. I also did some dumb things from this mindset. Like one time I rushed a group of 3 but I forgot to wield my unholy primary. I killed one! But, no charge. So really it was a waste because I then died too. Silly me.

But I understand the build a lot better. And I understand that I never want to play it again because it brought out the worst in some people which then brought out the worst in me. Not fun!

Thanks Morius for throwing me a bone. I'm sure you aren't surprised seeing how pre-induction started with me being ganked 1v3 in an Outlander drive by and it didn't get much better afterward. But being lone Scion in the height of Fort circlejerk just isn't worth it.

I wish you all well.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

Topic(RAGE DELETE) [SCION] Lammasu the Invoker of Suffering [View all] , Death_Angel, Sun 16-Jan-22 01:50 PM
Reply Goodbyes, Lammasu (Anonymous), 19-Jan-22 09:16 AM #1
     Reply RE: Goodbyes, Bemused, 19-Jan-22 05:15 PM, #2
     Reply It was worse than imagined and anticipated., Lammasu (Anonymous), 19-Jan-22 09:22 PM, #3
     Reply RE: Goodbyes, The shaman (Anonymous), 20-Jan-22 08:22 AM, #4
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #142425 Previous topic | Next topic