Subject: "Goodbyes to everyone else!" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #141223
Show all folders

CerysMon 03-May-21 07:06 PM
Member since 12th Aug 2020
86 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#141226, "Goodbyes to everyone else!"

Hey all,

It’s time for another overly long death thread. I got to play a religious zealot, which is my favorite rp archetype and where I'm most comfortable. Expect some ranting. Before I get into the character’s that influenced Tristhana’s life for better and worse, I wanted to go over the themes I had in mind for her:

To briefly summarize the initial role entries - Tristhana truly wanted to have a child and husband, even though she had no recollection of her own family (or even who named her). She constantly tried to run away to a ‘home’ in the woods that she had made, but was brought back to Ardenwood, which eventually burned down. She was shuffled around a number of foster homes. In some, she was abused, in others she ended up being the abuser. Tristhana eventually ended up with a stable father figure and joined her guild. She got pregnant by a thug in Galadon when she was 19. While the circumstances weren’t ideal, she was happy, until a horrid accident caused her to miscarry. Tristhana always looks for someone to blame, so she killed the thug and was recruited to Morius while trying to drink away her pain.

I didn’t really have a strong concept in mind for Tristhana when I started. I was leaning heavily into the idea that her masochism, envy, and bitterness would manifest as trust issues, a desire for inclusion, and sabotage. This is a lot to balance. How do you make a character that wants a family but absolutely loathes everyone else who is happy? I was really shaky with my RP for Tristhana for the first 60 or so hours (and kicking myself for using a lot of the same emotes as Cedany). Eventually I settled on a few key points:

Tristhana was wholly devoted to Morius, as he gave her everything when she was at her lowest point
She still cared deeply for some of the other orphans from the manor, as they were her ‘first’ family
She was envious of anyone who had a family, strong relationships, or power. Also, she envied and hated anyone who Morius loved.

Through Tristhana’s life, she grew more sociable, and her cruelty was less direct. Her scheming was more nuanced and she lied to get what she wanted, though it didn’t always work. She desired to be more like the priestess that recruited her and spent all her time recruiting or on duty so that she didn’t have to think about her dreams. Her envy was a central theme, though I feel like this is a point where I could have done better on. When Tissie died, I was kind of at a loss as to who Tristhana would envy. I tended to focus on large goals - being envious of Kithervroy for having the Advisor position, being envious of the saints in the Church for being loved and recognized. If I could do it all over again, I think I would have focused on smaller goals to not drive myself insane. Overall, I’m really happy with the character and I enjoyed being able to indulge (ha) in religious fervor *and* evil RP.

As before, Immortal comments are first, everyone else is after. Nothing is alphabetized, ctrl+f it up. If I didn’t mention your character, it isn’t because they didn’t have an impact - I’m just bad at remembering everyone, especially active characters.

--

Rahsael
Thank you for setting up this character challenge. There was a period before I got duo dimension where I was utterly miserable and ranting (to myself) that ‘Rahs clearly had no idea what its like to be a new player playing an evil transmuter!’ It all ended up okay and I’m glad for the experience, even if I didn’t do great as a (deathful) transmuter. I know your schedule was busy, but I had a great time exploring the character you envisioned, and I wouldn’t trade it for anything. Back to IC commentary!

And to echo my last death thread, since it’s still fitting: Alright, first off, how dare you.
I was proud as punch at my reply to the question in the cathedral. Of course the only thing I fear is Morius hating me. How brilliant! My fear isn’t anything that he can mess with - and it’s perfectly in character. It seems to be a running theme that those who (attempt to) get into witty pissing contests with Rahsael or his minions end up worse for wear. One day, I might learn.

For now, I’m glad I didn’t. The experience of getting tattooed by an Imm you aren’t following is horrid. (At least for a Morian). You took what was supposed to be this wonderful first time experience and flipped it upside down. Everytime I typed ‘eq’, I was disgusted. My character experienced concentrated loss, anger, and a giant dose of ‘you really shouldn’t have gone to that cathedral’. … Once again, one day, I might learn. The interactions were great, and I cannot understate the amount of sheer dread I felt when I hit that invisible barrier. It really highlights the fact that everyone thinks they’d do great in a horror movie scenario until they’re actually in one! The whole Saw scenario was utterly fantastic and I can't wait to post a log of it when everyone is dead.

Azorinne
While Tristhana was completely at odds with everything Azorinne stood for, I still really enjoyed our brief interactions. The vow challenge gave me something to focus on other than envy and really broadened the scope of my character. The fact that you were so composed during our multiple angry encounters only served to infuriate her more. Why are all goodies just a wall of self-righteous calm?! I’m excited to see you in the pantheon and can’t wait to interact with you more in the future.
---

Tarla
Seeing you delete really did hurt. As I mentioned before, you would have been a great antagonist and I loved your take on rage. Having Morius ask Tristhana to reach out to you specifically was a huge gut punch. She knew you had to be something special, and she also knew she couldn’t fail. I do get that bards are tough though, and I hope you come into your own with your next character. GLWYN.

Arensra
I always wanted to interact with you more, even after Tristhana insulted you. In defense of my character, nothing mattered to her more than being loved by Morius.

Alendross
While our interactions were brief, I liked that you always took time to discuss order and law with those of the Tribunal. I know Tristhana joining Scion was a shock, but you must have known that wanting to go back to the wilds was an urge she was trying to suppress. You’re a very classy enemy and I’m glad to see you leading the Tree.

Natilyan
Sorry for using you to send out that note while I was in Scion! I felt a bit bad for that, but I did enjoy the bit of conflict it created.

Kira
You influenced so much of Tristhana’s life and were an ally (and someone she looked up to) for so long. While I thought I knew ‘Kira’ having interacted with the character as Cedany, it was a completely different experience when I was in the Tribunal. You were a wonderful Nalasul follower, amazing PVP partner, and you always had a plan. It often felt like Tristhana was a pawn being moved on Kira’s grand chessboard, but I didn’t mind because you never steered me wrong. I wish I was better at PKing to be the murder-partner you deserved, but alas. I did learn a lot from you and I’m sure I wasn’t the only one.

P.S. Thanks for reminding me about bioluminescence. I pulled my hands away from the keyboard and just stared at my screen for a minute. I’ve never been more mortified in my CF career. (In my defense, no one let me use it when we started grouping. It was always, ‘lethargy, then slow, then soften’... then the mob was dead.’ At the time you reminded me of the spell, I hadn’t cast it in hundreds of hours. Whoops.

Feldscren
I enjoyed poking you after Grombie died, though I really wish we could have gotten to interact more beyond that. GLWYN.

Koten
I really liked your role as a Tribunal/Village mediator. Your notes were an interesting departure from the norm and I think they showcased a side of ‘order’ that we don’t see all that often. GLWYN.

Tylluan
One of the classier Village enemies that Tristhana faced. While she hated the Village through and through, you were fun to fight (even if I always fled after one or two rounds).

Ghigasa
Thanks for ranking and hunting with me - I was really hoping to see you take the leadership role from Zodslag, but it wasn’t meant to be. GLWYN.

Ariendil
We didn’t interact much beyond a few pissy conversations where Tristhana tried to guilt you for everything that happened at Ardenwood. True to form, you were a wonderful Einoh follower and gave great (if infuriating) responses to everything.

Aoi
Thanks for being record-keeper for so long. Those notes really helped me a ton as someone new to the Spire. I wish we had gotten to interact more!

Laq
It was so much fun running around with you and learning the few bits I did about your character. While I know you kept most things hidden, I was excited to see how your character would evolve post-Rahsael cathedral, especially since you had made Shadow Lord. Then you deleted. Alas.

Tissie
Ah, my dream and the one I envied the most. I was always shocked when you kept talking to me after how angry our conversations were. Hopefully you had a bit of fun and learned a bit more from them. I said this in the other thread, but I thought Tissie was masterfully played. It can’t be easy to play an Outlander that has manners and is kind to everyone… but you really are my inspiration for ‘ideal goodie outlander’. I actually cried irl when Tissie died - I’m a sap though. Well played on the ending, it was perfectly fitting and heart wrenching.

Lonfedric
Tristhana always got so angry whenever someone argued that the people who went to the altar did so willingly. Lonnie did *not*, he was full of life! You were one of the most interesting Maran I’ve played alongside. You weren’t afraid to cleanse evil, but you still spoke to me and had a heart and a story. Wish you weren’t altar’d so early. GLWYN.

Darbesha
I enjoyed our chats in the Inn! Hoping you’ve settled into another character, because your rp was great.

Dinrehle
I didn’t give you information on the orphans when you asked because you were playing a Villager and actively trying to kill my char.

Derrideigh
I said most of what I wanted to say in my goodbye thread, but I don’t mind taking another chance to praise your wonderful Acolyte RP and storytelling. You did so much in 150 hours, it still baffles my mind. RPing with you is always a treat - you have a great sense of the give and take of a conversation and while Tristhana was more bitter and acidic towards Derrideigh, she respected her.

Vrimold
Muscles! I honestly remember you yelling about throwing Tristhana into a ditch and wondering ‘Who is this unhinged psycho?’ It was a lot of fun to discuss the events at Ardenwood with you. Even though you skewed more towards Pride and murdering all the people that opposed the Empire, I can say that my time as Tristhana was greatly improved by having you around. I just wish you could have made it to the end so we could have enjoyed all those things Trist dreamed of.

Talvok
You win points for creepiest interpretation of Morius’ religion. I remember reading that you had carved the names of those who had angered you and I spent a good few minutes thinking “Am I that dedicated? Could I even do that?” Wish we had gotten more interactions, but I’m hoping you’re onto bigger and better things. Just not too big, because fire giants are already scary enough.

Glynn
I enjoyed our chats on the nature of the divine and free will a whole lot. You were a great asset to the Tribunal and I was sad when you kind of fell off the radar. Any paladin who is nuanced and still a fan of order is always welcome in my book.

Galathaniel
I was so happy when I saw you got Provincial. It is ironic, no? After all those years of trying to pull Tristhana back to the Spire, Trist’s prediction came true. You got Provincial and will undoubtedly be a better leader. Our conversations were always intriguing. I got the feeling that Galathaniel is starting what will be a long life that is filled with evolution and introspection. You make the Spire and cities more welcoming for all - keep at it.

Haelior
I enjoyed our chats a whole lot. I loved the storybook hero angle and I was sad when I realized you were going to delete - especially as I had JUST gotten into Scion. I think you could have had a great relationship with Ahrloire, and I wish I could have seen more of that.

Itzenxilaatl
You were definitely an antagonistic presence in Tristhana’s life before and after she joined the Scions. She respected Itzen’s contributions to the Chasm but saw him as little more than a very competent mercenary. Hopefully you enjoyed our interactions too.

Nulgha
You really reinforced my where spamming while in a shrine!

Cejea
Sorry that I ended up leaving you hanging at the end there. I enjoyed our discussions and the fact that half of my missives were short back and forths between us. It was nice to have another transmuter to rank with and learn from.

Ehrlon
I was so sad when you deleted. I know Tristhana and Ehrlon were pseudo-allies for awhile and I really looked forward to seeing where that relationship was going to go. Seeing how much of a part Ehrlon had in the fire was a huge turning point for Tristhana, and she thought about it a lot after the character challenge ended. Great job on the social manipulation and rp!

Ahrloire
Ahh, love bug. Tristhana actually did care, you know. She was extremely envious of your relationship with Daphedee. (Morius never hugged her, you see). The fact that you would spurn a goddess who cared was difficult for her to comprehend and a lot of her actions were a result of that. I loved your character overall. I don’t think a lot of people understood the ‘tortured paladin’ angle, and that kind of sucks. It was refreshing to see a different take on it all.

Primdella
You really left a wonderful impression on Tristhana. Your scholarship, leadership, and general attitude towards the Spire fit so well with Tristhana’s back story. To Tristhana, Primdella was the epitome of what her father had told her about the Spire. I enjoyed our talks a lot. OOC, I hated the times I messed up and broke the Spire laws. The Fortress attack was me playing too early in the morning and forgetting that rule. Of course, a good magistrate wouldn’t forget, so I had to RP it as Trist being bitter. The other rule infractions were honestly just me being trash at navigating since I'm new to CF. IC, those interactions let me see a different side of Primdella and gave Tristhana a different view of the Tribunal. Thanks for taking a chance on Trist and recommending her for leader. I’ve missed you since you age died!

Lussuria
You were going to be Tristhana’s arch-rival! Gah! I loved all of our interactions and I just wish we could have explored the faith and that animosity over a longer period of time. Lussuria was well played and I’ve missed getting those wonderfully thematic missives.

Leuoa
Imagine my shock as I got assassinated for the first time in CF! And by none other than my previous character’s friend: Leuoa! It was incredibly well done and OOC I was cheering for you. IC, of course, Tristhana was humiliated.

Dollerveim
Tristhana tried so *so* hard to hate you. I had it in mind that Umbrand and Dollerveim would be the ones that Tristhana hated the most and you just kept pushing back. This was one of the most tumultuous AND satisfying relationships of Trist’s life. She was wicked, but she saw what she could have been when she spoke to Dollerveim. It was difficult, but she would have done most anything for Dollerveim. Thank you for being the brother Trist likely didn't deserve. Through it all, I think we showed what a real family bond is like. It can be messy, you can hate what someone has become, but they're still family.

Seraxan
I enjoyed our brief chats and wish I could have seen your research. You brought a really cool attitude to the Spire and I wish you wouldn’t have deleted.

Jisko
Thanks for the help early on. Planting that letter on Umbrand was one of the highlights of Trist’s early life.

Kithervroy
We didn’t interact much, but I appreciated having you as a leader and threatening force while you were alive and Trist was in Scion.

Englemaris
We almost made a good pair hunting the Villagers! Alas, I’m allergic to prepping. You’re doing great - hope you continue to excel.

Umbrand
I posted everything on your death thread that I had originally written here as I couldn’t wait. Once again, you did superbly and you really were the glue that held all the orphans together. You didn’t deserve half the #### we gave you, and Tristhana probably didn’t deserve you being so accepting. Also, the ‘little bug’ nickname WAS cute. I did rant about IC because I just had to, but OOC it warmed my heart.

In your death thread you said: “IC, I never really knew if you were a complete sociopath just toying with me (and my boy), or if you were truly conflicted and could be saved.”

This is an interesting sentence, and one that I don’t think many people thought on, especially after she joined Scion. Tristhana was broken, as I mentioned above. She tried to make the best of so many disparate parts, which lead to her being conflicted. The few bits of her that were good gravitated towards Dollerveim and Nastrella, and a few others. She would have done anything for Dollerveim. She risked her faith for him. But in the end, there was only one person who was there for her the whole time, and that was Morius. After Dollerveim perished, she finally accepted her true place in Scion, because she had failed to save him or Nastrella.

Nastrella
Ah, sister. I was so sad when you left without a goodbye. I wish we would have gotten more time to spend together - it always seemed like life pulled us apart. Still, we had some good moments. You did a great job with a crazy difficult role. I could not have played a Trib-druid anywhere near as well as you did and all of your thicket rp was a delight.

Vizgrathol
What an interesting character! I remember the first time I read/saw your Nastrella art. OOC, it took my breath away. While I can’t claim Trist and Vizgrathol really had a relationship (or that she trusted him), it was nice having someone else in the Chasm. You played the part of a powerful artist-invoker really well.

I hope you continue with your art, Harvester. I also hope (a bit selfishly) that you're a bit bored without me around.

Veldren
What an adversary you were. OOC, I felt kind of bad making up a dream to shove you under the bus. IC, Tristhana just wanted to see another Villager die. I really liked how their relationship developed over time. Veldren was one of the few people that could get under Tristhana’s skin, and he did so *constantly*. I said most of what I wanted to say in your death thread, but I’ll reitierate here - You RPed the hell out of this role.

Scyreth
Tristhana really did try to protect Nastrella, you know. I enjoyed watching your role evolve as you moved from ‘Nastrella-hunting glutton’ to ‘Nightreaver and Ravener’. We didn’t get to interact much, but I think you did a great job - Scyreth was spooky!

Gwendelya
Gwendelya is still active so I can’t say too much, but I wanted to mention how much I enjoy this character. You aren’t caballed, but you make a point of interacting with everyone and fearlessly pursue your own plots, story, etc. I expected Tristhana to hate all elves, but between you and Galathaniel, Tristhana had to come to the realization that elves were mortal just like everyone else - and not every elf was out to kill her. I can’t wait to see where you take this character!

Zorellaia
Ahh, Z. I feel kind of bad about how our interactions dropped off in the middle. I thought there was a really cool antagonist/enemy angle we had going, especially from the first ‘deal’. Eventually, Trist ended up hating anything and anyone to do with the ritual and Zorellaia represented that to her. With that being said, I think you did a great job with the role you were given - your RP was top notch and Z definitely had a ‘friggin’ aesthetic that stuck in my mind.

Sehanine
We didn’t talk much, but I appreciate you sending out that missive.

Socrag
I knew Trist would be dead before you! And it wasn’t because of recklessness! I really enjoyed spending time with Socrag and having the character as a mage-supporting, Village-destroying, wand-seeking rock. The arena fight was a ton of fun. Sorry for getting you killed that one time. I learned a lot from you and my only regret is that we didn’t have more time to RP.

Hibble
I love your role and how willing you are to help everyone around you. I learned a lot from you in a short time and you really filled a lull where my character was bored to tears (whether intentionally or not). Good luck!

Blok
Orc. Orc. Orc. You crazy bastard. Or maybe I'm the crazy one for blowing through 3 black rods and trying to kill a set of mobs I clearly couldn't kill. Loved the character and you were very scary. I distinctly remember thinking "Boy, I hope he doesn't ever try and kill me"

Miraja
What a brilliant take, what a divinely inspired wit. I'm your biggest fan and can't wait to see how you excel.

Dithirin
How we can set aside Pride when it suits us. Good luck with all you're doing. The letter you sent to all was one of the highlights of Trist's later years. The layers of snark and insults were wonderfully done.

Sransidi
Your artistry absolutely blew me away. I copied it almost immediately so I could look back on it in the future. I adore your role, your creativity, and your willingness to go above and beyond on what I thought was going to be a simple request. Can’t wait to see how far you go with this character, as I think you’re the most impressive saurian yet.

Zigglebert
Another Herald! I don’t like pickles as much as I liked what Sransidi made, but I can definitely appreciate the charm and dedication you bring to the Inn. The ‘unable to pickle a book’ comment had me laughing my ass off. Keep being cool, pickler.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

Topic(AGE DEATH) [SCION] Tristhana Moorlebund the Priestess ... [View all] , Death_Angel, Mon 03-May-21 07:06 PM
Reply Best thing to happen to CF since Legacies., Cointreau, 17-May-21 05:32 PM, #17
Reply Character challenge, Callowyin, 04-May-21 12:31 PM, #13
Reply Goodbyes to everyone else!, Cerys, 02-May-21 06:03 PM #10
Reply Wonderfully Done, Beroxxus, 02-May-21 07:24 PM, #4
Reply Well done!, Seraxan (Anonymous), 02-May-21 08:35 PM, #7
Reply RE: Goodbyes to everyone else!, Sometime ally and sometime foe (Anonymous), 03-May-21 12:46 AM, #8
Reply Ha!, Alendross (Anonymous), 03-May-21 08:56 AM, #9
Reply Marvelously done, Gwendelya (Anonymous), 03-May-21 08:52 PM, #11
Reply Damn! Amazing job sister., TripHitNdip/Tarla (Anonymous), 04-May-21 04:58 PM, #14
Reply RE: Goodbyes to everyone else!, Azorinne, 05-May-21 09:09 PM, #15
Reply Excellenet character yet again, k-b, 17-May-21 02:49 PM, #16
Reply RE: (AGE DEATH) [SCION] Tristhana Moorlebund the Priest..., Sransidi (Anonymous), 02-May-21 08:11 PM, #6
Reply RE: (AGE DEATH) [SCION] Tristhana Moorlebund the Priest..., Nalasul, 02-May-21 07:53 PM, #5
Reply RE: (AGE DEATH) [SCION] Tristhana Moorlebund the Priest..., Socrag (Anonymous), 02-May-21 06:51 PM, #3
Reply Tristhana Character Sheet, Cerys, 02-May-21 06:04 PM, #2
Reply A goodbye to Morius, Cerys, 02-May-21 06:02 PM, #1
     Reply RE: A goodbye to Morius, Morius, 04-May-21 08:34 AM, #12
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #141223 Previous topic | Next topic