Subject: "The Tale" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #14065
Show all folders

Cuvitar (Guest)Thu 09-Jan-03 07:53 PM

#14068, "The Tale"

There really isn't much to it. I've been needing to quit for about six years now, oddly enough, but this just looks like another part of the cycle. Classes began again this week, and I need to get focused. Unfortunately, this means no CF. Although I'm not as bad as Jagaub, I do have the horrible habit of playing incessantly and nonstop. Me and moderation simply do not mix. Thus, this.

It was a fun ride while it lasted. I never really got bored of perfecting spells. Maybe frustrated a few times, but I'm happy. I had five shields, and pebble and iceneedles were at 90%. I just never really cared enough to finish them. I'll admit that it would have been extremely useful, though.

I've never had a Maran before, even though I've been promising Khiravn I'd play 'his side' at least once. And I've never hero'd a mage, only a bunch of warriors, rangers, and shamans. That was a big learning curve. I prefer bash, in hindsight. It was a good experience, but I doubt I'll go for it again. Too against the grain.

Anyway, a few thanks to some people.

Shokai- you really are a great guy. Keep it up. Thanks for the opportunity. I'll tell you, life would have been so much easier being a Warlock, but it wouldn't have been near as fun. More mages should be in Maran.

Vynmylak- You may have taken a bit of a chance with me. Thanks. I enjoyed the few interactions, but especially the times we would retrieve/raid against odds and you'd acknowledge us doing something good. That was cool. Did you induct me?

Nepenthe- I'm glad you opened ST. I'm sorry I couldn't get in. You bring out the best in this game.

Thror- It'd have been cool to take that interaction somewhere. Oh well. I still have a soft spot for the Village.

Maran.

Alnallander- You know I love you. Keep it up man, I simply love how you play. We never really utilized our potential, but there wasn't much the two of us couldn't do. Sometimes you just have to be alone though.

Sabrian- Thieves are a love/hate type class. You played it right, and did a great job at it. Sorry I made you lead so much, but I am a bit lazy. I'm glad you got the recognition you deserve.

Others- Um, I didn't do much with any others. Abthalok, you're pretty solid. So was Ulthur. Most paladins were pretty plain though, you all just kind of blend into one. I guess that's ok.

Oh, and Yaofhil. I can't think of a better character in my years of playing. Simply amazing. Running around with you is priceless, and I loved every moment of it. Probably the best roleplayed character I've been with.

Village- Nothing special except Drahk. You really are a beast. I remember a few discussions about an arial axe zerker on irc a few years back, and I'm glad someone did it justice. No complaints on any of the other villagers. Good job.

Scion- Aginal, you're simply the best invoker in a long time, since Illijin. You were the only person I knew that could beat me one on one. And you did. I had a few scenarios where I could get you, but a lot of it was too circumstantial. Oh, and a few tricks I kept up my sleeve too. A shame I was usually hesitant to try them out. Great job though, you really impressed me.

Anith, you were weak. Maybe my expectations were a bit high, but I can't recall you ever doing anything remotely clever or even brave.

None of the other Scions really stood out. You need to lose the group pk mentality. Four or five might be a bit of an overkill, eh?

Jhalstruvv, sorry I had to kill you. Distention sucks. You had it coming though. You didn't earn what you had, and you never really risked anything. It was a good trap though.

Hlothere- We should be together. Too bad you'll never get me. I'd hug you if I could.

Warlock- I'm not too sure what to think of that bunch. You all died a lot. Some of you have your heads on straight though.

Grove- Well. At first, I tried to be at odds with you. I was lawful for a reason, and was looking for a bit of conflict to spice things up a bit. In the end though, Sassmi drew me in, and I just kind of liked you all. Sylvan needs to not rely so much on Maran though.

Sassmi, you did a great job. You're just fun to run around with. Some of you others though, I have no clue how you manage to do anything. Nunchyk was pretty cool too. And maybe a few others. But I admit, my memory is fuzzy.

Tribunal- Ugh. Go away already.

Good job Tarnyxil, by the way. You're a bit too focused on unnecessary things, but you play a mean bard. I'm sure I'll think of some other notable characters after I hit the post button, so don't feel too left out. I need to get going anyway.

One last thing. I think I died six times in one night after I had surgery. I blame the codeine. I knew I shouldn't have been playing, but I wanted to finish hero'ing while I had the down time. Well, it sucked. I remember logging on the next day and I was a Maran. I cannot even recall the interview. Sad, sad. So if I acted like a retard after Christmas, it's not my fault.

(Yes, Aginal, that's probably why I ran around stoneshattering you without abandon. I'm sure it was ugly.)

Goodbye. I'm sure I'll lurk around, but it's doubtful I'll play again until at least the summer. Have fun.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

HOT Topic(DEL) Cuvitar Mal'Vihalek the Weaver of the Elements [View all] , Death_Angel, Thu 09-Jan-03 06:15 PM
Reply So yeah....., Sabrian (Guest), 09-Jan-03 08:30 PM, #5
Reply RE: So yeah....., Hlothere (Guest), 09-Jan-03 09:42 PM, #8
Reply The Tale, Cuvitar (Guest), 09-Jan-03 07:53 PM #2
Reply Thats funny..., Anith (Guest), 09-Jan-03 08:02 PM, #3
Reply Right, right., Cuvitar (Guest), 09-Jan-03 08:20 PM, #4
     Reply Besides codeine, what else were you on? n/t, Anith (Guest), 09-Jan-03 08:30 PM, #6
          Reply Well., Cuvitar (Guest), 09-Jan-03 08:44 PM, #7
Reply RE: The Tale, Aginal (Guest), 09-Jan-03 10:21 PM, #9
Reply No, Cuvitar (Guest), 10-Jan-03 06:53 PM, #17
     Reply RE: No, Aginal (Guest), 10-Jan-03 08:10 PM, #18
          Reply Heh, Dallevian, 10-Jan-03 08:49 PM, #19
               Reply Ahh...Dallevian. Explains the negativity on Dios. n/t, Anith (Guest), 10-Jan-03 08:55 PM, #20
                    Reply Sarcasm. *ticklegigglehug* n/t, Dallevian, 10-Jan-03 09:00 PM, #21
Reply Good luck, Vynmylak, 10-Jan-03 12:30 AM, #10
Reply Yeah, you're right.., Tarnyxil (Guest), 10-Jan-03 12:56 AM, #11
Reply Hmm, Jhal (Guest), 10-Jan-03 02:56 AM, #12
Reply Note, Cuvitar (Guest), 10-Jan-03 06:49 PM, #16
Reply RE: The Tale, Jramur (Guest), 10-Jan-03 05:59 AM, #13
Reply It was a blast,, Yaofhil, 10-Jan-03 07:08 AM, #14
Reply RE: The Tale, Ulthur, 10-Jan-03 09:27 AM, #15
Reply *cough*, Alnallander, 09-Jan-03 06:32 PM, #1
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #14065 Previous topic | Next topic