Subject: "Oh dear, a long goodbye" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #140638
Show all folders

ordasenMon 08-Feb-21 09:17 PM
Member since 18th Feb 2004
216 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#140640, "Oh dear, a long goodbye"
Edited on Mon 08-Feb-21 09:24 PM

Well bless my heart, I am so sorry it has come to this my dears.

Heh..ok first off let me say thank you to all who interacted with Tissie. It was a blast most of the time, some of the times hair pulling frustrating, and other times down right sorrowful. Playing a "mother" in CF took it a bit further then I ever had to, way beyond just playing a female character. To make things even more complicated to me was having an in-game son. It was sort of awkward at times not really knowing how to interact knowing it was another player behind the character and not an NPC.

Also, forgive me as this will be a little hard as I try to pick and choose my words so I do not go into anything about the current Character challenge. Tissie in my mind was a break from the normal views of a few things. I've never been great at mages, as I'm only eh to meh but I enjoy the tool kit they have. What made Tissie harder in my eyes was her personal view of fertility and life. She would defend any and all to the best of her ability, but she hated aggression. She would rather just drive people away, or make it annoying where she did not have to try to kill you.

I will also admit I was probably a ####ty outlander. She was played more like an old school Sylvan, and saw ALL life as valuable. She did not hate cities or order, but thought it just made them numb to suffering and pain because large cities makes you a faceless mob. A person among a crowd. I would aid evil outlanders when it was for defense purposes without second thought..but they would grow upset when I would not shield them to hunt outside the refuge. (exception was retrieval or hunting Necro/AP/Mino). I got so much #### from Trib and treated horribly when I was perhaps the one person you could have talked to and had a conversation with and attempted some sort of connection. Alas it was not to be, as I got ganked down, abused, etc lol. I HATE tribs (No offense Ish!) It was amusing though when I left the Refuge all of the sudden "oh, you are cool now. You have changed your views right?" Oh...no. No I have not. I'm not dumping core beliefs because I left. Just different way of following them. ANYWAY...on to goodbyes.

First to Rah:
Thank you, this was my first character challenge I have entered as they were not a thing when I was a constant player. After coming back after all those years gone and hearing about the last one I was interested. It kind of took me from part time player to a regular again, just waiting for the contest. The story line, character backgrounds and interactions have been amazing. The end, well I love how you handled it and I would like to Tissie handled it perfectly in her way. I will admit, it got me a little choked up while reading the interactions and it pulled at the heart strings. But I always knew she was destined for something like this :p I am glad I was able to help bring your vision to light, and I can not wait to see the full story. I think it blossomed into something greater then you ever expected it to be.

Lonfedric: My little golden finch. Man....it was strange having a RL son in game. It was that awkward moments in the beginning of trying to figure out how to handle it and become comfortable with it. I would like to think it fell into a good interaction and felt way more natural and fun after the first few times. I was always watching you either Improved Invis, cham, etc like a good mother And even on the discord channel every time I saw your name pop up on a pk I actually cheered and felt pride "Thats my boy!" lol. I WANTED to travel a bit with you and such...but I tried to walk that line of not being seen as "Fortlander" as so many want to complain about. So it ended up with just small visits to the Fort to check up. Plus...you really did not need my help in any way, you were a beast on your own.

Tristhana: Sorry if I tore out your heart there at the end..but well Tissie was Tissie She knew you were just a ball of hate...but thought it was self hate and she really felt bad for you. I know you did not want her pity and she would never say that..cause well there would be a rant. Always looked to find ways to try to cheer you up or remind you of nice things...which always backfired on me. Half the time I'm sitting there going "warning, warning...dont respond! Its a trap!" Heh. LOVED the character and I hope I made it fun for you. I never took any personal and you really made me feel for a character. So that is a mark of a greater player/character. Thank you

Dollerveim: My little candy fiend! I loved our banter back and forth and I REALLY felt bad for you. You were truly caught in a rock and a hard place when the fetish was taken. Tissie saw you as the little kid always trying to please the teacher or someone and it endeared you to her. I was always trying to prod you to go beyond, and find a new path..but alas it was not to be. Great character and can not wait to see what the future holds for you!

Vrimold: Again, I really do wish I had more interactions with you. Just the first encounter you caught me after a retrival/gank down at the spire and I was a bit annoyed ooc. So I did not want to get in a conversation as my frustration would come out and ruin Tissies RP. The other time..well it was just bad timing right after Lon's death. What lttle I had gathered from Tris and your pride rp...I was starting to come up with some points to talk about. Then you went and died. Ah well.

Ganndretia: Well, being a paladin we really did not get much time to interact and I'm sorry for that. I'm also sorry for other things. Hope it turns out good for you and I can not wait to see how things go.

Maeneekoni: Thank you so much. You were an awesome character to play against and temper to Tissies positive/joyful outlook on things. Really sorry for what happened at the end, but I think you were looking for that or expecting it. I enjoyed our talks and what have you so again thank you!

Alendross: Man, I loved your character and always was happy when you were around. It took me a bit to understand what was going on when there was the strange CB or says. Then I laughed as I finally got it. I felt bad some of the deaths you ate when I was around and felt really bad as I tried to word you once and messed up and next round you died. So sorry

Zydeki: Hah..yes yes you will never get a chance to kill me now. I enjoyed you as well and found it fun when you were around. I had no problem with giving you shields near the Refuge but there was no way in hell I was going to give them to you so you could go and hunt outside. And the wording you was funny but was an ooc accident on my part. But well..I had to roll with it! And no way was I going to attack you back :p I fully expected you to kill me for it. But was pleasantly surprised you did not and Tissie felt she made a positive influence on you.

Ivylok: I liked your character and I thought you were going to go far and be around a while. Was really disappointed when I saw that you deleted. Our debate was getting good and I totally understood your stance and yes...in a few ways I was ####ty outlander as I wanted to try to solve issues without pk. I felt like there were other ways that goals could be accomplished, (and in truth..prob because I have never played an outlander...only Sylvans back in my Imm days) So yeah...But then I had to go and we could not continue our debate...never saw you again after that. So sad. Hope you are carrying on as a new character.

Rest of Outlander: There were so many of you that I interacted with and tried to be there for. Forgive me for not naming everyone but so many have come and gone. Thank you to each and every one of you for putting up with me, showing me some of the ropes and what have you. I hope you enjoyed your candy.

Trib on the whole: Hate you assholes :p I was only ever flagged once (and was a ticky tack #### flag...yes legit but one so many DONT get flagged for). And I was the most non aggressive outlander who sought other ways to achieve things. Yet I was treated as the most vile thing. And it seemed like once it was learned that I was non-aggression I was hunted even MORE. Ah well. I really dont hate the players...just the characters. Its fustrating to eat deaths, get ganked, face 4 people retrieving...each with guards..etc. Ah well.

Empire: Zraldar: Dude...I HATED you. Well done. I was honestly confused to no end about that out of area damage attack. I was like "there is no way in hell he got from the refuge to the Southern Cont and found the area I teleported to!" I did not know about that commune...and it killed me twice. So not sure when it was changed..but it worked December/January out of area and across continents I got lucky on that kill on you at the refuge, and one of the few times I TRIED to be aggressive and not make people flee. Props to you to always coming.

The other Imperials I did not have a lot of interaction with. Sorry

Fortress: Beyond Lond, I think the only other Fortress I interacted with was Minverna. I enjoyd giving out candy to you and the rest of the fort as I saw it as a thank you for watching out for Lond. I was happy you got a leadership position but then sad when you deleted not long aftre. Ah well..good luck.

Ok..I am sure I am missing a lot of people as its been a long fun ride. Thank you to those who made this character fun, sad and all around a blast to play most of the time. I cant wait to see how this all turns out and then to get the PBF.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

Topic(CON LOSS) [None] Tissie Ulbrandt the Nurturing Mother [View all] , Death_Angel, Mon 08-Feb-21 03:55 PM
Reply Tissie's Char Sheet (from Rah), ordasen, 01-May-21 12:36 PM, #11
Reply RE: (CON LOSS) [None] Tissie Ulbrandt the Nurturing Mot..., Maeneekoni (Anonymous), 09-Feb-21 04:57 AM, #5
Reply Oh dear, a long goodbye, ordasen, 08-Feb-21 09:24 PM #2
Reply RE: Oh dear, a long goodbye, Rahsael, 08-Feb-21 10:30 PM, #3
Reply Well done., Scyreth (Anonymous), 08-Feb-21 11:42 PM, #4
Reply Bah!, Alendross (Anonymous), 09-Feb-21 03:33 PM, #6
Reply RE: Oh dear, a long goodbye, Azorinne, 09-Feb-21 11:52 PM, #7
Reply Hmmmm, Dollerveim (Anonymous), 10-Feb-21 10:53 PM, #8
Reply RE: Hmmmm, ordasen, 11-Feb-21 04:49 PM, #9
Reply RE: Oh dear, a long goodbye, Zraldar (Anonymous), 17-Feb-21 02:20 AM, #10
Reply RE: (CON LOSS) [None] Tissie Ulbrandt the Nurturing Mot..., Tristhana (Anonymous), 08-Feb-21 04:22 PM, #1
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #140638 Previous topic | Next topic