Subject: "Pandemic Return After Some Long Time" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #139010
Show all folders

yrbluesWed 20-May-20 02:08 PM
Member since 17th May 2020
8 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#139012, "Pandemic Return After Some Long Time"

Very much enjoyed the run of this character but slowly ran out of long term goals, which is what I almost always struggle with at CF... building something to keep playing after reaching hero. That boredom led to playing alts and eventually I deleted mostly because I wasn't doing enough with the character to justify sitting on nice gear or be a part of anyone's story that depended on me being around more frequently. That didn't seem fair to all of the other great players that invested in my character if I wasn't fully invested anymore, so this seemed the right course.

First time playing Fortress, really enjoyed the cabal as a support system for a player (like myself) that is generally bad at memorizing navigation and only modestly capable of PK and usually only as part of a group. It really does help as a newbie or as a player lacking confidence to play a goodie and to join a cabal with a lot of other goodies. Mostly before this I've played Herald and Outlander with only ever being good at the former. Strongly advise folks that are struggling to roll up an appropriate character and join.

I love roleplaying and I love the RP that CF brings, this was a really enjoyable character to flesh out and I had so many more memorable moments with this character and it's a real testament to everyone else's stellar work. I won't comment too much on any given storyline since I know several of them are still ongoing.

Eybaen, yours was a fantastic story and really appreciated being a part of it. Towards the end, I felt like it might have been developing in different directions and I might have been less essential to it, which was fine, but I really enjoyed our interactions and the story arc as a whole.

Deriamor/Chetush/Marans-and-Acolytes-a-plenty, had a great time learning the game with all of you and really enjoyed the diversity of Fortress Squires and Maran during my run. Similarly so with the Acolytes & Scribes.

Laurandt, enjoyed how frequently we disagreed and often thought that we represented two distinct poles in the Acolytes, which created conflict that brought something more to the game for me while I was playing. I often got frustrated by you, but as a player, I could see what you were doing and was consistently impressed by your commitment to the character.

Kruissina, you were my favorite, but I think I said that in game once or twice.

Padwei, I have never had as many immortal interactions as I did with you and they were all great. I appreciate how much work you do and it really added so much to the experience. I know our last chat was likely the first step towards my decision to leave the character, but I appreciated your directness and perspective. I thought a lot about it and it made so much sense. Keep lively.

Theorendus, we didn't play at the same time as much as I wanted to try and explore more of our shared backgrounds, but I really respected the arc you were on even if I started to have reservations towards the end (won't say anymore since that story is active).

Admund, fantastic character all around... loved interacting with you whenever I had the chance even if I didn't have anything new to say.

There's a lot of other folks, and a lot of enemies I enjoyed sparring with (and mostly dying to), but thanks to every player I interacted with, I truly enjoyed this special run of a centaur bard. (Also I went to roll an Azure bard but Azure was at max, so fate is funny like that.). See you next time!

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

Topic(DELETED) [FORTRESS] Frahyel the Grand Mistress of Arti... [View all] , Death_Angel, Wed 20-May-20 11:55 AM
Reply Pandemic Return After Some Long Time, yrblues, 20-May-20 02:08 PM #1
     Reply RE: Pandemic Return After Some Long Time, Padwei, 20-May-20 03:30 PM, #2
     Reply Great character!, NoobAgain, 20-May-20 03:49 PM, #3
     Reply RE: Great character!, yrblues, 20-May-20 04:34 PM, #4
     Reply Thank you, Beroxxus, 20-May-20 11:05 PM, #5
     Reply RE: Pandemic Return After Some Long Time, Admund (Anonymous), 21-May-20 04:41 AM, #6
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #139010 Previous topic | Next topic