Subject: "Ah diddle dee dee, diddle diddle DIE!" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #138111
Show all folders

Gilversplitz the Gravid Eventuality (Anonymous)Fri 17-Jan-20 12:17 AM
Charter member
#138123, "Ah diddle dee dee, diddle diddle DIE!"

The 'Splitz

* One obsessive, mad scientist of a gnome with a singularly curmudgeonly disposition.
* Enjoyed spinning half-truths and granting people monkey's paw style wishes.
* Routinely disbelieved when telling the god's honest truth.
* Had the buggiest pfile of any character I've ever played.
* Was definitely the Voice of the Scarab

The Gods

Rahsael, you kept me going when I was running out of steam. Your immteraction/events/religion are top notch, and its awe-inspiring just how flexibly you switch from role to role. Thank you so much for championing Entropy. 11/10 would Rahs again.

Ishuli, I enjoyed your persona. An intellectual heavyweight with an equally sharp tongue. I'll definitely consider a follower in the future.

Jormyr, I was half tempted to shoot for Immortal just to be a thorn in your side for all of eternity.

Emnon, I am glad Snuffles went to a good home. That lost puppy quest was hilarious.

Whiysdan, G just didn't mesh very well with your religion. His passion was of a darker, more self-destructive nature.

Other gods, I bantered with a bunch of you but we never really got deep into it.

The PCs

There's way too many of you so I'm just going to post some of the highlights here and reply to people as they post.

Aehwic: I'm glad you ended up going Fort in the end. Almost nobody who goes Entropy lasts long, and I enjoyed watching you blossom into a real powerhouse. Gilver's relationship with you protected the Fortress from the lion's share of my mischief, but he'd still mess with the odd Squire here or there.

Aurew: You got to see a vulnerable side of Gilversplitz that few were privy to. He heeded your words more than any other mortal. I truly enjoyed our time together.

Dhuzir: That game we played in the Inn is some of the funniest #### I've ever seen. I had been planning to use that on someone for a while, and it couldn't have gone off any better. Sorry about your gear, though. That was unintentional.

Arkanthaleon and Alloysh: G loved burdening you with the thornier parts of Spire doctrine's inadequacies. Great RP, especially you Arkanthaleon.

Galgeron: You were so much fun to play with. We'd go from murdering each other to talking about eggplants and bigotry.

Drissa: My purple alien pal. Things were pretty businesslike between the two of us. It was always a pleasure to even the odds against the Empire with you.

Gillador: Us underdogs need to stick together! You helped make playing during Imperial perma primetime bearable.

Nalwarald: Climb on you magnificent bastard.

Gnoira: I had plans for you. Sucks real bad that you got frustrated and deleted.

Jhelruk: Your oopsie in town made for a fun story.

Aztezul: I was surprised that you stopped posting missives. Gilversplitz interpreted this as you admitting defeat in the face of brutal sarcasm.

Entropy applicants: I hope I gave you guys a positive induction experience, and helped expand your understanding of the cabal.

The Cabal

The powers may not be the shiniest, but the rent's cheap and we have unlimited booze. With Rahsael at the helm, I can only see good things in its future.

You have absolute freedom in this Cabal, and that can be super daunting. My one piece of advice to future applicants is to have a vision and pursue it relentlessly. Explore your interests to their grandest logical conclusion. You are Icarus, Dr. Frankenstein, Loki, Mr. Gold. Magic is potential, and it screams to be harnessed.

Entropy-Shifter

As a shapeshifter in Entropy, Improbability tunnel is mostly useless, but you're not totally SOL. Garble and disperse help level the playing field against Necroes and Bards, which shifters often have trouble with. It would be nice if shifters got a passive fighting bonus on par with what other mages get via Improbability Tunnel.

Getting raided kind of sucked because I couldn't use most of my abilities in my own cabal. Flyto, camo/ambush, disperse, randomizer all fail on defense. It was often easier to get a headstart on retrieving due to how weak the Keeper was.

I didn't use randomizer very much, but its kinda helpful as a speedbump to slow people running away. Unfortunately it failed so often and had such a long cooldown timer I basically gave up using it.

I think an air/offense shifter could be an absolute nightmare against even against large groups by dispersing people and then picking them off one by one. With garble, your victims can't even scream for help

The Class

I was pretty happy with the ability spread that my forms granted me. I probably had one of the best form combos for solo exploration.

Hare - My primo defense form. I think I spent more time in this form than all of my other forms combined. Dodgy + alert + low mana cost = win. A defense form that can tank - how novel! (I'm looking at you, crocodile!)

Croc - High regen and the ability to swim rounded out my skillset, but everything else about the Croc is lacking. It is easily the least tanky top tier defense form I've encountered in all my years at CF and its damage is underwhelming.

It lacks the utility skills that the Alligator/Caiman have. All-around subpar, which is why I barely used it except to heal up. It needs to be brought in line with other top-tier forms ASAP.

Jaguar - Surprisingly dodgy when paired with agility of the mongoose and haste. The ability to go into stealthmode suited me just fine, and the ambushes were incredible in those rare situations when I could get a fight in the wilds. Most people wisely avoided fighting me in places I could camo, but thankfully the front end of the Village is wild.

Manticore - Tough, but balanced. What a quest form should be. Tailspikes could probably use a boost though, since both the damage component and the maledict are almost negligible.

Between the Jaguar and the Manticore I had many skills which could layer on statloss, but their effectiveness and duration was disappointing. Tendonslash is a much weaker and unreliable reliable version of hamstring with self-damage on every attempt, and tailspikes is a severely nerfed iceneedles that never seems to hit the stats I want it to. The best of the bunch is bite, because while it only applies its debuff ~1/3 of the time, it is only 1 round of lag and good damage for the jaguar.

Shapeshifter edges could stand to receive some serious improvements. I hit almost every edgepoint milestone and there was honestly nothing I wanted to take after the obligatory ricochet skin/muscle memory/tearing jaws combo.

How about edges that:
* Let you use offensive partial shifts in form.
* Let you understand the kinspeech of each family of animals you can shift into, regardless of form.
* Reduces shifting trauma lag/damage due to maledicts.
* Improve your ability to open doors and direct mercenaries while in form.
* Reduces regen form -regen penalties due to maledicts.
* Increases regen form healing while resting/asleep.
* Make STSF lose charges when you change into a form they haven't studied. (Or this could just be a class feature, no edge required?).
* Improve the potency of outgoing physical maledicts
* Improve the potency of outgoing poisons/diseases
* Give Utility Majors the ability to sense when sneaking/creeping creatures enter/leave the room (like hunters).
* Give Defense Majors resistance to repeated lagging attempts like bulwark of faith
* Give Offense Majors reduced movement lag after recently fighting a PC (think 2-3 round duration. Lets them chase better.)
* Give Air Majors reduced fighting penalties while indoors
* Give Water Majors a chance of capsizing an enemy's boat in combat.

I'll see you all in the fields.

Attachment #1, (gif file)

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

HOT Topic(AGE DEATH) [ENTROPY] Gilversplitz Widdershins the Grav... [View all] , Death_Angel, Thu 16-Jan-20 11:24 AM
Reply Interesting but frustrating character., Aztezul, 25-Jan-20 01:16 AM, #23
Reply ha, last pk death was to me, Dallevian, 22-Jan-20 09:12 AM, #20
Reply RE: ha, last pk death was to me, Gilversplitz the Gravid Eventuality (Anonymous), 22-Jan-20 11:58 AM, #21
     Reply yes, 24 wis, Dallevian, 25-Jan-20 12:35 PM, #24
Reply Some earlier PBF comments (since it's borked)., Daphedee, 21-Jan-20 12:52 PM, #18
Reply RE: Some earlier PBF comments (since it's borked)., Gilversplitz the Gravid Eventuality (Anonymous), 21-Jan-20 03:07 PM, #19
Reply RE: Some earlier PBF comments (since it's borked)., ObserverGuy (Anonymous), 23-Jan-20 09:11 AM, #22
Reply Ah diddle dee dee, diddle diddle DIE!, Gilversplitz the Gravid Eventuality (Anonymous), 17-Jan-20 12:17 AM #8
Reply Correction:, Gilversplitz the Gravid Eventuality (Anonymous), 17-Jan-20 09:08 AM, #12
Reply RE: Ah diddle dee dee, diddle diddle DIE!, Rahsael, 17-Jan-20 12:23 PM, #14
Reply RE: Ah diddle dee dee, diddle diddle DIE!, Aurew, 17-Jan-20 08:08 PM, #15
Reply So you're not going to make it to the Tri-Centennial Ch..., Korsgaard, 20-Jan-20 01:50 PM, #17
Reply Amazing job., Grunter (Anonymous), 16-Jan-20 02:47 PM, #6
Reply RE: Amazing job., Gilversplitz the Gravid Eventuality (Anonymous), 17-Jan-20 12:33 AM, #10
Reply You lived forever., Ishuli, 16-Jan-20 11:37 AM, #5
Reply Heh, I just warned him nothing lasts forever., Jormyr, 16-Jan-20 09:39 PM, #7
     Reply RE: Heh, I just warned him nothing lasts forever., Gilversplitz the Gravid Eventuality (Anonymous), 17-Jan-20 12:24 AM, #9
          Reply Speaking of irony, Jormyr, 18-Jan-20 02:26 AM, #16
Reply RE: (AGE DEATH) [ENTROPY] Gilversplitz Widdershins the ..., The New Blood (Anonymous), 16-Jan-20 04:15 AM, #4
Reply RE: (AGE DEATH) [ENTROPY] Gilversplitz Widdershins the ..., Aehwic (Anonymous), 16-Jan-20 09:13 AM, #3
Reply RE: (AGE DEATH) [ENTROPY] Gilversplitz Widdershins the ..., Gilversplitz the Gravid Eventuality (Anonymous), 17-Jan-20 12:35 AM, #11
Reply Death Global Echoes, Rahsael, 15-Jan-20 11:25 PM, #1
     Reply RE: Death Global Echoes, sunshine9, 16-Jan-20 02:32 AM, #2
     Reply Hell freaking yes! n/t, Relio, 17-Jan-20 10:34 AM, #13
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #138111 Previous topic | Next topic