Subject: "All the world's a stage and its men and women merely pl..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #137930
Show all folders

BeroxxusTue 24-Dec-19 07:36 PM
Member since 25th Apr 2003
176 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#137936, "All the world's a stage and its men and women merely pl..."

All the world's a stage, Its men and women merely players.

Sayra was my first character in over four years (or whenever the Menagerie characters was done). I came back to CF b/c of Discord. I didn't really have anyone to talk about CF stuff with which made it not as fun to play. So Discord helped fill that gap. Sayra herself was meant to be a throwaway character, to get me back into the grove of remembering where everything was and maybe learning a few things. Throughout my course of playing, I made sure to keep a low key on my actual knowledge and tried to give off an air of newbiness.

Sayra was True Neutral. One of her main goals was to be everyone's friend and if not, send her multitude of friends after you or use her talents against you. I never sought to engage in PK and the only person I ever attacked was Lyiene when he was attacking Sel in my 490+ hours. I think I had like 5 PK deaths or something, the first one by Lyiene at 150 hours played.

I also tried to stay neutral in cabal affairs and I was willing to help others in non-cabal matters b/c Sayra like to adventure (and I didn't want to be totally bored). Sayra did not view people as evil or good perse (I mean I knew who was good/evil) so much as view people individually and how they treated her or what they could do for her.

Sayra was sphere Vanity. I tried to play that up, often claiming to be the most beautiful person in Thera at times, and at others the Shinning Star of Thera. I also spent a lot of time playing towards each person's personality. If you were good, I acted more good towards you, evil more dark, hated magic, yep magic sucks, etc. Sayra took great pride in being probably the sole person in Thera that pretty much every leader confided into.

Sayra also made sure she generally dressed in pretty things. She only wore gowns and dresses (I had to wear a tattered slave robe once and that disgusted her), so I opted out of a LOT of gear that could have been clearly better.

The reason for my deletion are three reasons. 1) I was kinda getting bored. Its rough being a Herald when not always having someone to RP with (I generally played at 12am-3am EST, See Bero's hours). 2) I don't want to hold a leader spot as an Imm 3) I want to focus on my Imm duties.

Goodbyes - Immortals First

Morius - I never prayed to you, b/c, you know sphere Vanity and all. Not to mention, our hours did not mesh well. The few interactions were great though. Thanks!

Daph - Thank you for letting me be High Herald. I just wish I could have found some more Heralds to join. I felt like you often looked after me and thank you for the chats!

Rahs - The couple of interactions were solid. Gave me a reason to flesh out some more backstory with Sayra. Thanks!

Heralds
Sel - Sel, Sel, Sel. We spent a ton of time with each other. I watched you change and evolve, but I feel more right saying I influenced you more than you influenced me. We had some good times, but towards then end, I don't know if that was Sel or you that was getting on crotchety, which made it less fun for me to be around you. Either way, thanks for the good times.

And that is pretty much it for Heralds. Mizor wasn't bad, but I didn't get into interact with him much b/c my crappy play times. Wish I could have got more involved in that quest, but those involved had a knack to push other players away. In the future (this applies to anyone) its better to bring people in. It will make the experience in most cases better.

Outlander
Cex - I really loved our interactions. Your emotes really forced me to up my game some and that is great thing. I solid RPer always. Good luck with the rest of your days!

Most Outlanders generally didn't engage with me. A few would come and talk, but most completely stayed away from the Inn, which is fair enough.

Empire
Phiyruhk/Malgren/Inaj - Probably the three I interacted with the most. I enjoyed our various conversations. I was sad to see Phiyruhk auto and had hoped there would be a good counter to the political happenings.

Fortress
Gruntner - I really hope that early conversation in your character had some influence into what you are today. It was good seeing you develop and grow into the Marshall. Good luck with that growing Imperial Threat!

Leitha - You always seemed so sad, and I did what I could to try to listen to anything you might revel. I also really enjoyed Raj.

I for one was happy to see some of the changes to Fortress. A lot of you just lived by See Red Make Dead rule. Not many of you sought to redeem evil, and the point of the Maran way back when was to redeem through cleansing fire. There were a lot of characters that simple give off a feeling of hate. That's no bueno. Though I do feel the current crop is a lot better at this now.

Battle
Sekpak/Goru - You two were my best friends. Sek, you have no idea how many people warned me about Seky, that you would kill me. They had no idea that you were indeed my friend. Even Sel told Fortress people that Sekky was good to me, maybe not everyone else, but me, for sure. And I was sad to see Goru just up and disappear.

Jumbel - You are a better RPer then you probably give yourself credit for. Thanks for helping me find that needle in a haystack!

Wotburd - Solid, though I felt you becoming more aggressive towards mages anywhere, though you still didn't openly attack them at the Eternal Star while I was around.

Entropy
Gilver - Thanks for always coming to events and participating.

Orc
Tegerek - Tegy! You are fun! I feel sad for people who haven't interacted with you besides trying to kill you. Keep on trucking!

Tribunal/Scion
Aztezul - Where to begin? You were perhaps the only person in the game that actively sought to use my talents. My real talents. However, the entire time I was helping you plot, I was also trying to encourage others to go after you before it became to late. Well they didn't listen and bam Scion. You are probably my favorite character I interacted with as Sayra. Thanks for understanding Sayra's true heart, even if you were using her, which she didn't mind if it got her to her goal as well.

I'm sure I've missed people. Close to 500 hours played over the past 6 months. Thanks to everyone who made it fun to play!

Beroxxus

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

Topic(DELETED) [HERALD] Sayra the Grand Mistress of Artistry... [View all] , Death_Angel, Tue 24-Dec-19 02:45 AM
Reply RE: (DELETED) [HERALD] Sayra the Grand Mistress of Arti..., xyfa, 27-Dec-19 06:10 PM, #7
Reply RE: (DELETED) [HERALD] Sayra the Grand Mistress of Arti..., Theif (Anonymous), 25-Dec-19 12:27 AM, #3
Reply RE: (DELETED) [HERALD] Sayra the Grand Mistress of Arti..., Beroxxus, 25-Dec-19 12:42 AM, #4
     Reply Game the Situation?, Theif (Anonymous), 09-Jan-20 02:58 AM, #9
          Reply Technically the only person gaming the situation..., Lhydia, 09-Jan-20 08:18 AM, #10
Reply All the world's a stage and its men and women merely pl..., Beroxxus, 24-Dec-19 07:36 PM #2
Reply RE: All the world's a stage and its men and women merel..., Amora, 25-Dec-19 11:05 PM, #5
Reply This, incognito, 26-Dec-19 05:32 AM, #6
Reply How Disappointing n/t, Beroxxus, 09-Jan-20 02:12 AM, #8
Reply Oh Sayra, still trying to make sure eveybody's looking ..., Cexonza (Anonymous), 10-Jan-20 10:28 AM, #11
Reply You must understand that it's very hard to write a fare..., Sekpak, 13-Jan-20 03:08 AM, #12
Reply Arm's length, Morius, 22-Jan-20 01:34 PM, #13
Reply Fantastic all around., k-b, 24-Dec-19 06:29 PM, #1
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #137930 Previous topic | Next topic