Subject: "Thank you all for a blast of a character" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #137551
Show all folders

k-bSat 12-Oct-19 11:45 AM
Member since 19th Mar 2010
344 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#137560, "Thank you all for a blast of a character"
Edited on Sat 12-Oct-19 12:01 PM

So back in May I was in a car accident. My car was totaled and I was recovering from the accident, so I found myself with A LOT of time on my hands. This is where Leitha comes in. I wanted to do something RP heavy. Something that I'm uncomfortable with. Thus, Leitha was rolled.

Role:

Leitha had a rather simple role. I wanted her to be able to change and adapt to the material that others gave her. So she was simply a human who was raised in Darsylon by human parents who were servants. Some stuff happened, and she left Darsylon feeling awkward about the city in general. She hated weapons so she never practiced the weapons she could learn. She only used exotics. She was a vegetarian because she liked animals. She had a bunch of small quirks and those things really helped her come alive.

Leitha was supposed to be very shy and unsure of her path. She had a good idea of who she was, but not where she was going. Which is why it was probably close to 30 hours before she left newbie ranks. She was traveling and talking and RPing with other people. I had a ton of fun during these times. And these times helped me set the groundwork for who Leitha was as a character.

Why I Deleted:

I really really liked the character Leitha, and after getting booted from Fortress, I had a ton of plans for where I wanted to take her. Sadly, RL has come for me. No more are the days of sitting on the couch with tons of time on my hands. I have so much going on right now, and not enough time to put into Leitha. I could have limped to the finish line, but I think Leitha deserves better than that. 2 or 3 hours a week simply isn't gonna cut it for what she has to offer. So I decided to pull the plug. Also, hero range is pretty lame right now, and it simply isn't fun. So when I did log in, I just felt like "Why am I doing this?"

Fortress as a whole:

Listen. I'm not gonna be a baby about things. I just want to voice an opinion. I think Fortress is moving too close to the Paladin code. It seems like current Fortress IMM's want everyone in Fortress to play like a paladin, but most people in Fortress are not Paladins. There is a place for Paladin code, and there is a place for Fortress. The two are overlapping too much right now. Looking at every goodie v goodie kill as the same is simply ridiculous as the game is coded. If someone is WANTED and running a muck through town, I think they deserve all the punishments that would come from killing a good mob. But if someone is doing all they can not to kill a good mob, but it happens anyways, then that should be looked at differently. The game isn't coded to work how you guys seem to think it works. Lastly, I'm not mad I got booted. Quite frankly, at the time, I deserved it. I do think I was unfairly judged before that though. I was made Maran, then the cabal went poof, then I was let back in as squire and I don't feel I had my fair chance to become Maran again. That's what irks me, not the boot out of the cabal.

To Korsgaard, I issue a challenge. Play an aggressive goodie conjurer using mostly angels to kill. If you play 250 hours in pk range with no goodie kills as said character (while being as aggressive as you can) my next 3 characters will be active and serious Korsgaard followers, AND I will publicly apologize for my ignorance, AND I'll donate to the game. (Dunno how much yet) If you have a goodie kill, you have to own it (We're working on the honor system) and publicly admit you couldn't do it. (I suppose this challenge works for Padwei as well. Just replace Korsgaard with Padwei in the challenge.) (Also I don't actually take this challenge seriously, I'm just curious to see if you could do it. I don't hate you two or anything, we just have a difference of opinion.)

Goodbyes:

Rahsael: Oh my God! You are fantastic. I tried a Rahsael follower with a ranger I had not too long ago, and I was impressed so I wanted to try again, but more serious. Wow did I make a good decision. Your RP is spot on perfect for what you're going for as a religion. Weird, a little creepy, but also very comforting at the same time. I was always impressed with the small things, like when you would mess with me when I was wearing the mask, or when you would talk to me as Aurew. The small things often are what make a character come to life, and you were perfect at that. I'm really sorry for deleting before finishing your task. I had a good idea of what I was going to do with the task, but I was struggling to get the research I would need. Anyways, thank you thank you thank you. You're awesome. Playing a Rahsael follower was one of the most difficult, and fantastic things I've done in this game and I won't soon forget it. Being that RP intensive is something I hope others get to enjoy one day. To anyone thinking of making a Rahsael follower: DO IT! It's awesome! But be prepared to RP your ass off if you plan to take it seriously. Lastly, thank you for trusting me with your tattoo. I've never had one before, so when I got yours I seriously had a smile on my face for a couple of days because of it. And don't worry. I won't tell anyone any secrets. I have logs but I'll only post the PK logs I have before the tattoo just in case.

Gruntner: Thanks for all the good times. You're a good Marshall and you're good for the cabal. Our characters butted heads a small bit because I was chaotic and had ideas that a paladin just wasn't going to go for. But we had a good relationship otherwise. Take care.

Cabessudo: I really wish we had more times to PK together. We could have done some real good work. You're a fantastic PK'er and I wish you well.

Aurew: Thank you for all you did with Leitha early on. You had probably the most impact on my character other than Rahsael, even though you weren't there for most of it. I was impressed with your RP and I had the pleasure of fighting with you as Cheyerre, so I already experienced what you bring to the PK table, and that was awesome as well. Thank you.

I interacted with a bunch of people, but my memory sucks. If you drop a reply, I'll respond.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

Topic(DELETED) [None] Leitha Ar'Er the Planewalker, Priestes... [View all] , Death_Angel, Fri 11-Oct-19 11:55 AM
Reply Thank you all for a blast of a character, k-b, 12-Oct-19 12:01 PM #3
Reply RE: Thank you all for a blast of a character, Sayra (Anonymous), 13-Oct-19 12:38 AM, #4
Reply Thanks Sayra, k-b, 13-Oct-19 08:41 AM, #5
Reply RE: Thank you all for a blast of a character, Cexonza (Anonymous), 13-Oct-19 12:26 PM, #6
Reply Cexonza was fantastic, k-b, 13-Oct-19 12:48 PM, #7
Reply Well done., Blackstar, 13-Oct-19 09:59 PM, #8
Reply Thank you for the kind words., k-b, 14-Oct-19 12:07 PM, #9
Reply RE: Thank you all for a blast of a character, Rahsael, 22-Oct-19 04:24 PM, #10
Reply Thank you, again., k-b, 23-Oct-19 11:39 AM, #14
Reply RE: Thank you all for a blast of a character, Ishuli, 22-Oct-19 06:03 PM, #11
Reply Thank you so much for Rham!, k-b, 23-Oct-19 11:43 AM, #15
Reply Challenge Accepted, Korsgaard, 22-Oct-19 08:26 PM, #12
Reply Uh oh. I may have to eat some of my words., k-b, 23-Oct-19 11:49 AM, #16
Reply Inspiring, Gruntner (Anonymous), 23-Oct-19 10:32 AM, #13
     Reply Your kind words are humbling, k-b, 23-Oct-19 11:58 AM, #17
Reply Damn, I nearly had enough stock to finally open my shop..., Morok (Anonymous), 11-Oct-19 08:46 PM, #1
     Reply Lol. Good stuff., k-b, 12-Oct-19 11:10 AM, #2
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #137551 Previous topic | Next topic