Subject: "By the stones, I had a blast!" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #137219
Show all folders

JonnyMon 19-Aug-19 10:24 AM
Member since 21st Aug 2018
27 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#137222, "By the stones, I had a blast!"

A few points:

1. My third serious character: Drogun, Juntio, Jumbel
2. This was my first villager
3. First svirf
4. First whip spec warrior
5. First tattoo
6. First leader

I was nowhere close to perfect with this character. I tried to planned this character out but I still needed to figure out A LOT along the way.

When I was first inducted into the village I had no clue how to play a villager other than "I hate mages". I didnt know who fell into the "mage" category. I had no clue how to check if an item was magical or what would happen if I tried to wear it. I DEFINITELY was unaware of village politics. Who we were at war with, why we were at war with certain cabals, when to thirst and how/when parity was less
important. With all that said, I really had a lot of fun figuring it all out. Thank you to everyone for your patience - I know I stumbled along the way.

As far as a svirf villager axe/whip spec with gates and whispers, it was an outstanding build. Without the head, I was meat. With the head, I could take a beating and dish a good amount out. The toughest part for me was dealing with blindness without the head. I was absolute toast if it landed.

A few goodbyes:

Whiysdan: Loved our interactions! I knew I wanted to follow you from day one of the character. I had it all planned out. Both of our work schedules threw a huge wrench into my plan. I tried to stay determined in tracking you down and hope I wasnt too much of a pest. I carried around those items for what seemed like an eternity haha. And of course that last time we interacted I had to cut it short as I was going out to dinner and my wife was going to throw something at me lol. Thank you for taking the time to interact, it was a great experience and I appreciate it!

Panmorne: You were a lot of fun to interact with! I was entirely surprised that you named me Drillmaster. You helped push me and give me ideas on how to be a drillmaster. Without it, I would have been lost. I'm still figuring out the whole "how to interact with immortals" thing so thank you for your patience. Earlier in Jumbel's life I was alone a lot and taking an absolute beating by hordes of players. I even took a few full loots early on. Your support helped me to not get too frustrated over it and to keep me pushing forward. Finally, I had grand plans for that tournament idea, but our
numbers dropped significantly once I finally set the date. It was fun to plan and I still had a blast taking a beating. Thank you for the opportunity!

Jormyr: Had a limited interaction but considering i'm newish, it was memorable. I made a joke and you punted me across the village for making the joke. It was hilarious and the first time an immortal "beat me up".

Bendegoh: You inducted me into the village. It probably was apparent that I had no idea what I was doing at first. You really helped me grow in the earlier years as a villager. You were always willing to go find trouble or to help out. I had a lot of fun interacting with you! Hope to run into you again with another character.

Sekpak: Dude, you are always on overdrive. I love it. I really started to step up my game with you around. I continued to try and figure out village politics as well as overall game mechanics while I was a drillmaster. Sometimes I had to rely heavily on your advice/knowledge. I know I probably didn't do things the way I should have at all times, so I appreciate the patience. Keep being badass!

Gorum: You were such a fun giant, I wish you stayed around longer! You gave the village a whole new personality. But alas, it was not meant to be.

Rest of the village: Keep pushing and don't act like a ninny!

Graitel: Without the head it was certain death fighting you. Didnt stop me, but still - blindness/plague = gameover. Even tried fighting you with a blindfold at one point lol. With the head, at least it was a good fight. I rarely could keep you still. You were one of my toughest opponents. We had a lot of banter back and forth, but it was all in good fun. Keep rockin!

Tegerek: You were a pain in my A** lol. I was first introduced to you when we were ranking together. We were actually amicable. Then came orc/village politics. Vohl was set on stomping on the village and you followed suit shortly thereafer. Things got a little hostile during the whole "full looting" phase but eventually it settled down. With all that said, I respected you as an enemy. I learned from you that entwining an orc is not a good idea lol.
You are a beast!

Oniflond: I wanted to give you that last fight. Though it wasnt much of a fight on my end lol. You have guts and I really respected that. I like your mentality and I think it's good for the Empire. Keep whipping them into shape!

Mage Tribunals: You all gave me some real good fights. I learned a ton from fighting you all.

Heralds: You dealt with a lot of drama - but I guess that's your speciality eh? Thank you for listening to my rants lol.

If I missed anyone else, I apologize. It was a long ride and I had a lot of fun interactions over the span of Jumbel's life.

See yah all on the fields!

-Jumbel

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

HOT Topic(CON LOSS) [BATTLE] Jumbel Furystone the Courageous Com... [View all] , Death_Angel, Mon 19-Aug-19 10:24 AM
Reply Great Char Jumbel....on other matters what happened to ..., Viya (Anonymous), 26-Aug-19 01:21 AM, #24
Reply RE: Great Char Jumbel....on other matters what happened..., Kalageadon, 27-Aug-19 07:11 PM, #25
Reply I liked you but..., Aylosi, 23-Aug-19 06:57 AM, #22
Reply I only fought you a couple times long ago..., Saagkri, 20-Aug-19 02:39 PM, #6
Reply RE: I only fought you a couple times long ago..., Jonny, 21-Aug-19 07:01 AM, #10
Reply By the stones, I had a blast!, Jonny, 19-Aug-19 08:16 AM #2
     Reply Hm., Lhydia, 19-Aug-19 10:07 AM, #1
     Reply RE: Hm., Jonny, 21-Aug-19 07:19 AM, #13
          Reply Yes, SPN, 22-Aug-19 09:37 PM, #21
     Reply Well done., xyfa, 19-Aug-19 09:32 PM, #3
     Reply RE: Well done., Jonny, 21-Aug-19 07:19 AM, #14
     Reply RE: By the stones, I had a blast!, Sayra (Anonymous), 20-Aug-19 12:46 AM, #4
     Reply RE: By the stones, I had a blast!, Jonny, 21-Aug-19 07:21 AM, #15
     Reply Shame., Sel (Anonymous), 20-Aug-19 02:45 AM, #5
     Reply RE: Shame., Jonny, 21-Aug-19 07:24 AM, #16
     Reply Well hell!, Panmorne, 20-Aug-19 02:55 PM, #7
     Reply RE: Well hell!, Jonny, 21-Aug-19 07:16 AM, #11
          Reply RE: Well hell!, Panmorne, 22-Aug-19 02:28 PM, #18
          Reply I've had a few leaders at this point. , Lhydia, 22-Aug-19 03:00 PM, #19
          Reply +1 I'd add..., Saagkri, 22-Aug-19 03:41 PM, #20
          Reply Best part about being a Villager is you can bend many o..., Cointreau, 26-Aug-19 12:31 AM, #23
     Reply Well, drat!, Whiysdan, 20-Aug-19 03:10 PM, #8
     Reply RE: Well, drat!, Jonny, 21-Aug-19 07:18 AM, #12
     Reply Well done, and glwyn., Nyofen (Anonymous), 20-Aug-19 06:41 PM, #9
          Reply RE: Well done, and glwyn., Jonny, 21-Aug-19 07:33 AM, #17
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #137219 Previous topic | Next topic