Subject: "More thoughts" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #137122
Show all folders

McbethThu 01-Aug-19 10:22 AM
Member since 21st Jul 2015
257 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#137138, "More thoughts"

~1200 hours is a slog, I was emotionally strung out and ready for a break from "serious" gaming after ~700! I'm sure in some ways there's a big void without Aurew to log into any more, but probably just as much of a sense of relief, right?

You were the best. I did an intro to improv class many years ago, and it didn't make me any better at improv but one thing that really stuck with me was "yes, and..." to stay open to other people's ideas instead of shutting them down. I tried to carry that over to CF and so I'm glad Drissa was able to play such an important role for Aurew - but, really, I think I just got lucky to be the one who ran into you when I did. I often felt along for the ride in that you did all the heavy lifting of generating and I just went with it and was a willing participant!

I've never had such a great RP experience. I'm usually more of a happy go lucky PKer with online games. Believe it: there's no way Drissa comes to life the way she did without running into you! I certainly ran with it once everything came together, but you got the ball rolling.

Korsgaard may have been Drissa's God, but he was second to Aurew in Drissa's life. Never have there been friends who loved each other more. Towards the middle/end, she would have dropped him for Rahsael if you had asked - I am glad you didn't, but on the other hand, I had passingly hoped you might, too. I think Aurew knew how right the fit between Korsgaard and Drissa was, and had enough respect for her friend and understanding of loss and pain to not put Drissa through that.

Thanks for reading Drissa's poetry and encouraging her reflective side, and helping her deal with all the trials and tribulations of Fort leadership. Thanks for having a fun side, and a serious side, and always being up for doing things in addition to all the sitting and conversing.

It makes me very happy to think that Drissa and Aurew are off together in an afterlife, enjoying some time without any of the stresses of mortal life. But, I think both of them will find their way back to one world or another eventually, when the Light calls them to serve once again.

Standout moments in no real order - the time we went to the Cathedral together, the time I learned that Aurew wasn't really your name, the time we both died to that previously hapless wight outside Arkham, beating down Yzekon, drinking with Torelath, uncovering your plan with Ghar and sorting through all that, learning that you had the Anaconda form for something like a real life month before showing it to anybody and (as i recall it) lecturing you about getting over your secretive side and using that beast, walking around feeding the cooshees and dogs with you and when you were gone... honestly, I could go on and on.

Mechanically - what a powerhouse form and form combo, for a player with the patience and willingness to play a supporting role! Just awesome. Some of what we were able to do together probably has ruined me for future PvE on Carrion Fields.

Thanks again for the great times together last year.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

HOT Topic(AGE DEATH) [FORTRESS] Aurew Rissu Mel'Audune the High ... [View all] , Death_Angel, Fri 02-Aug-19 09:09 AM
Reply Well done, Leodos/gillador/tebor (Anonymous), 04-Oct-19 06:19 AM, #29
Reply Great job, xyfa, 07-Aug-19 06:43 AM, #28
Reply RE: (AGE DEATH) [FORTRESS] Aurew Rissu Mel'Audune the H..., Jhyrbian, 06-Aug-19 08:54 PM, #26
Reply RE: (AGE DEATH) [FORTRESS] Aurew Rissu Mel'Audune the H..., Aurew, 06-Aug-19 09:42 PM, #27
Reply Supreme!, Naevar (Anonymous), 01-Aug-19 03:40 PM, #18
Reply RE: Supreme!, Onewingedangel, 01-Aug-19 11:58 PM, #15
Reply RE: Supreme!, Rahsael, 02-Aug-19 11:51 AM, #19
Reply I asked Aurew a while ago, Korsgaard, 03-Aug-19 02:51 PM, #20
Reply RE: Supreme!, Aurew, 06-Aug-19 07:07 PM, #24
Reply RE: (AGE DEATH) [FORTRESS] Aurew Rissu Mel'Audune the H..., The Splitz (Anonymous), 02-Aug-19 08:32 AM, #17
Reply RE: (AGE DEATH) [FORTRESS] Aurew Rissu Mel'Audune the H..., Aurew, 06-Aug-19 07:13 PM, #25
Reply Way to go the distance!, Korsgaard, 01-Aug-19 10:38 AM, #14
Reply Fantastic all around., k-b, 01-Aug-19 09:45 AM, #12
Reply Ah Aurew, Aylosi, 01-Aug-19 06:38 AM, #10
Reply Congrats, Ergush, 01-Aug-19 06:27 AM, #9
Reply Tomorrow we begin again., Aurew, 31-Jul-19 06:29 PM, #6
Reply Hey buddy, Mcbeth, 31-Jul-19 11:33 PM, #7
Reply More thoughts, Mcbeth, 01-Aug-19 10:22 AM #13
     Reply One thing..., Onewingedangel, 02-Aug-19 12:13 AM, #16
     Reply RE: More thoughts, Aurew, 06-Aug-19 07:04 PM, #23
Reply Wish, Sayra (Anonymous), 01-Aug-19 12:41 AM, #8
Reply I loved you would drop in and give me a hand., SPN, 01-Aug-19 07:22 AM, #11
Reply Likely one of the best characters I've seen in CF, Tesline, 31-Jul-19 05:52 PM, #5
Reply RE: Likely one of the best characters I've seen in CF, Aurew, 06-Aug-19 06:55 PM, #22
Reply Honestly one of the best Characters in a while, Onewingedangel, 31-Jul-19 05:57 PM, #4
Reply What could have been?, Aurew, 06-Aug-19 06:53 PM, #21
Reply RE: (AGE DEATH) [FORTRESS] Aurew Rissu Mel'Audune the H..., Rahsael, 31-Jul-19 05:47 PM, #3
Reply RE: (AGE DEATH) [FORTRESS] Aurew Rissu Mel'Audune the H..., Habbs, 31-Jul-19 05:39 PM, #2
Reply Great char, congrats., Ishuli, 31-Jul-19 05:38 PM, #1
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #137122 Previous topic | Next topic